UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Zahabi: Silva should drop to 170 for GSP

11/20/12 2:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 
suess - 

if they are that fucking close in size, he can go to 170.  the truth is, he's NOT that close in size.  all the stats and bullshit in the world is not going to change that. 

Is this where we pretend every fighter can automatically cut as much weight as any other and perform just as well? Johnny Hendricks says in college he cut from 205 to wrestle at 165 and now he cuts from 195 to 170, why doesn't everyone do that? Meanwhile Mike Swick is fighting at 170 while only weighing 180.

"he's NOT that close in size.  all the stats and bullshit in the world is not going to change that. "

lol @ the notion that "size" isn't 100% defined by stats.

stats AND bullshit.  

i bet if we ever see them in the cage together it will be clear that there is a decent size difference.  

11/20/12 2:43 PM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -  Just a couple months ago Firas said that GSP told him he wants to fight Anderson. He also said that he thinks a CATCHWEIGHT of 177 would be "fair".

Now that the fight is closer firas is flip flopping like Romney once the primaries were over.... Phone Post

Exactly.

August 9 2012: ""Georges St-Pierre told me he wants (to fight Anderson Silva). But right now he has to get back on the horse and fight Carlos Condit and be champion again. He needs to keep focused. (If the Silva fight happens) ideally I'd like a catch weight. I think it'd be more fair. If you fight at a catch weight, Silva won't be 20 pounds heavier. 177 or 178 pounds is much more fair.""

What happened to that?

i know another guy who flip flops but doesn't get shit from you two.  hmmmm

11/20/12 2:48 PM
Jons Forsberg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 
Jons Forsberg - "But seriously, they obviously just don't want the fight. Why don't they just say so? "

for the same reason Anderson asked a catchweight for Jones when he's fought some of the biggest 205ers already. Trying to save face.

When did he do that? I've heard him say in many interviews "no, I'm not fighting Jones." I have never, ever heard GSP say that about Anderson.

"It's not the money that motivates me to fight, I fight because I like it. So, I don't know. I wouldn't like (to fight him). But if it's going to happen, it would have to be at a catchweight."

http://www.cagepotato.com/okay-fine-anderson-silva-will-fight-jon-jones-but-only-in-a-non-title-catchweight-match/
11/20/12 2:49 PM
orcus

"i bet if we ever see them in the cage together it will be clear that there is a decent size difference.  "

A guy of comparable weight who is a few inches taller is always going to appear "bigger" than the shorter guy. What did you think about the size difference between GSP and Condit in the cage? Decent?

"i know another guy who flip flops but doesn't get shit from you two.  hmmmm"

Who? And what should he get shit about?

11/20/12 2:49 PM
Jons Forsberg

suess - 
orcus - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -  Just a couple months ago Firas said that GSP told him he wants to fight Anderson. He also said that he thinks a CATCHWEIGHT of 177 would be "fair".

Now that the fight is closer firas is flip flopping like Romney once the primaries were over.... Phone Post

Exactly.

August 9 2012: ""Georges St-Pierre told me he wants (to fight Anderson Silva). But right now he has to get back on the horse and fight Carlos Condit and be champion again. He needs to keep focused. (If the Silva fight happens) ideally I'd like a catch weight. I think it'd be more fair. If you fight at a catch weight, Silva won't be 20 pounds heavier. 177 or 178 pounds is much more fair.""

What happened to that?

i know another guy who flip flops but doesn't get shit from you two.  hmmmm

i know another guy who flip flops but doesn't get shit from you two. hmmmm
11/20/12 2:50 PM
da Vinci 81
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

Exactly.

What happened to that?

Like soares on camera from a few years ago saying Anderson walked around at 225lbs and was in his own opinion "too big" for gsp? Only to do a180 a few weeks ago and now say they're really not that far apart in size.

These guys are paid by the fighters they represent to protect their interests. It's not that hard. Phone Post
11/20/12 2:51 PM
orcus

Jons Forsberg - 
orcus - 
Jons Forsberg - "But seriously, they obviously just don't want the fight. Why don't they just say so? "

for the same reason Anderson asked a catchweight for Jones when he's fought some of the biggest 205ers already. Trying to save face.

When did he do that? I've heard him say in many interviews "no, I'm not fighting Jones." I have never, ever heard GSP say that about Anderson.

"It's not the money that motivates me to fight, I fight because I like it. So, I don't know. I wouldn't like (to fight him). But if it's going to happen, it would have to be at a catchweight."

http://www.cagepotato.com/okay-fine-anderson-silva-will-fight-jon-jones-but-only-in-a-non-title-catchweight-match/

Cool...so he's relaxing his stance due to the interest of the fans and promoter, and the fight may be more possible than we used to think. Great news! At least he still said, as he has since day one, that he "wouldn't like" to take the fight, something GSP seems utterly incapable of admitting (assuming it is true that GSP actually doesn't want the fight, as his defenders on here have been swearing up and down).

11/20/12 2:52 PM
Jons Forsberg

yes just like GSP "relaxed" his stance, then went back on it.
11/20/12 2:52 PM
suess

haha ^

11/20/12 2:53 PM
suess

Jons Forsberg - yes just like GSP "relaxed" his stance, then went back on it.

no, that's not relaxing his stance.  that's flip flopping like romney after the primaries.  relaxing stances is only for Andy's camp.  

11/20/12 2:54 PM
liukangstoupee

Is it just me, or has this fight completely lost my interest.

I'll admit that I'm Canadian, but I don't see GSP having a chance at beating Anderson at any weight other than 170(and even at 170 I think Anderson should be favored). I think Firas is hoping to use the excess weight cut in hopes to hinder Anderson's ability to perform, and IMO that isn't what I consider to be 'fair' either.
11/20/12 2:55 PM
orcus

da Vinci 81 - 
orcus -

Exactly.

What happened to that?

Like soares on camera from a few years ago saying Anderson walked around at 225lbs and was in his own opinion "too big" for gsp? Only to do a180 a few weeks ago and now say they're really not that far apart in size.

These guys are paid by the fighters they represent to protect their interests. It's not that hard. Phone Post

Soares' opinion on Anderson's size is not remotely the same as a statement of fact about GSP telling Firaz he wants to fight Anderson.

11/20/12 2:56 PM
suess

what about andy's opinion on fighting Jones?  can we compare that to GSP's opinion on fighting Andy?  just want to make sure i follow the rules of an argument with Orcus.  

11/20/12 2:57 PM
da Vinci 81
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -
da Vinci 81 - 
orcus -

Exactly.

What happened to that?

Soares' opinion on Anderson's size is not remotely the same as a statement of fact about GSP telling Firaz he wants to fight Anderson.

Which is not my point at all. Phone Post
11/20/12 2:58 PM
orcus

Edited: 11/20/12 3:00 PM
suess - 

no, that's not relaxing his stance.  that's flip flopping like romney after the primaries.  relaxing stances is only for Andy's camp.  

In your opinion, minus your need to win the argument, are these honestly the same:

1. Saying you don't want to do something and that you won't do it. After continual pressure from fans, saying you still don't want to do it, but will consider it.
  2. Saying you want to do something. When the other parties involved begin moves to make it happen, then saying you have to think about it, other conditions will need to apply, etc.
"what about andy's opinion on fighting Jones?  can we compare that to GSP's opinion on fighting Andy?  just want to make sure i follow the rules of an argument with Orcus.  "

See above. He still doesn't want to do it. GSP has gone from claiming he wants the fight, to, apparently, not wanting it -- the fact that he supposedly doesn't want it is, after all, the key point to all of these threads: "Why are they trying to make a fight poor GSP obviously doesn't want????" If GSP *does* still want it, then we have both fighters, the promoter, and millions of fans wanting the fight, and the violent debate about whether it should happen becomes utterly absurd.

11/20/12 2:59 PM
Jons Forsberg

"Soares' opinion on Anderson's size is not remotely the same as a statement of fact about GSP telling Firaz he wants to fight Anderson."

lol so now that neither Jones / GSP fights are going to happen orcus is turning this into an argument of who is / who isn't more willing to admit they're ducking the guy above. Hard to see how much lower/gayer you can sink here dude.
catbath
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both sides or just posturing. A few weeks ago, AS mentioned 182 as the catch weight. Phone Post
CHILLITACO
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe_Drogan420 - Anderson's unwillingness to face MW challengers is a little baffling.

There's definitely a part of me that still want to see Silva vs GSP though. When do you get to see two guys of that caliber in the octagon together?
Why is it that BJ can step up so readily yet these guys can't? Only handy and randy seem to have been the others from memory?

Well a lot have moved down. But not up as champs etc.... Phone Post
11/20/12 3:01 PM
suess

orcus - 
suess - 

In your opinion, minus your need to win the argument, are these honestly the same:

1. Saying you don't want to do something and that you won't do it. After continual pressure from fans, saying you still don't want to do it, but will consider it.
  2. Saying you want to do something. When the other parties involved begin moves to make it happen, then saying you have to think about it, other conditions will need to apply, etc.
"what about andy's opinion on fighting Jones?  can we compare that to GSP's opinion on fighting Andy?  just want to make sure i follow the rules of an argument with Orcus.  "

See above. He still doesn't want to do it. GSP has gone from claiming he wants the fight, to, apparently, not wanting it -- the fact that he supposedly doesn't want it is, after all, the key point to all of these threads: "Why are they trying to make a fight poor GSP obviously doesn't want????" If GSP *does* still want it, then we have both fighters, the promoter, and millions of fans wanting the fight, and the violent debate about whether it should happen becomes utterly absurd.

no, those aren't the same thing.  does that mean andy and his camp don't flip flop? 

also lol @ your insinuation that i'm only here because i need to win the argument.  i have conceded here before, even to LnPNinja.  i have no problem with that.  

11/20/12 3:03 PM
orcus

Jons Forsberg - "Soares' opinion on Anderson's size is not remotely the same as a statement of fact about GSP telling Firaz he wants to fight Anderson."

lol so now that neither Jones / GSP fights are going to happen orcus is turning this into an argument of who is / who isn't more willing to admit they're ducking the guy above. Hard to see how much lower/gayer you can sink here dude.

I guess I'm missing the relevance of what Ed Soares' opinion is on Anderson's size, putting aside the obvious fact that he may have changed his mind when he was a 198lb Anderson whoop Chael Sonnen and a 202lb Anderson destroy Bonnar.

Whereas what GSP actually said about wanting to fight Anderson is a wee bit relevant to whether the fight should/will happen, right?

11/20/12 3:05 PM
Jons Forsberg

get it over it bozo, how petty can you be? oh Anderson should be ahead of GSP in the p4ps because he's more willing to admit he's ducking someone else, lol.
11/20/12 3:05 PM
orcus

Edited: 11/20/12 3:07 PM

"no, those aren't the same thing.  does that mean andy and his camp don't flip flop? "

If you want to argue Ed Soares flip-flopped on his opinion of Anderson's size, go for it. My response would be: "...and?"

If you consider Andy's comment -- restating his position that he doesn't want to fight Jon Jones, but that unlike in the past when he outright refused it, he would at least consider it under certain conditions -- to be a "flip-flop", then I think you're being ridiculous.

11/20/12 3:06 PM
orcus

Jons Forsberg - get it over it bozo, how petty can you be? oh Anderson should be ahead of GSP in the p4ps because he's more willing to admit he's ducking someone else, lol.

What are these bizarre strawmen you're making? P4p? Wtf? 

Now you just have to repeat that verbatim with a row of AHAHAHAHAHAs in another dozen posts and you will truly have become Squattuck Jr.

11/20/12 3:09 PM
Jons Forsberg

you're right it's not about the p4p. You're arguing this for the same reason you'll argue over anything, because you're a woman.
11/20/12 3:20 PM
orcus

I'm arguing this because a bunch of dopes are saying a bunch of wrong things over and over on a forum I frequent and it annoys me, and it's fun to point out why they're wrong. Plus there's always the outside chance someone will realize their error and that will be one less person bleating bullshit.

Meanwhile, you're arguing things you don't even believe in, just to be a douche. And accusations of being "a woman" from someone who impersonated a male on another forum, complete with his photo, are hilarious.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.