UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Michael Hedges - Documentary (vid)

11/20/12 12:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jman
588 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 12:06 AM

From the YouTube post:

This is an extremely rare concert/documentary on Michael Hedges released in 1998. The video contains live interviews with Hedges as well as concert footage of an unreleased Lake Tahoe concert and has a few songs with Michael Manring, his bassist compadre. The stage is right on the water, which makes for an unforgettable experience. Sadly, Michael Hedges died in 1997 due to a car accident. This video is meant to preserve his musical genius as well as his fantastic personality. Enjoy!
11/20/12 1:23 AM
Ali
777 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool -- after you posted Manring, I was watching clips of the two of them on youtube. Didn't see the documentary though!
11/20/12 9:07 AM
BarkLikeADog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extremely rare my ass.

It's an episode from a PBS series that's been for sale on his website (nomadland.com) forever. If you like Hedges AT ALL you should buy it there so his kids get a little coin rather than watch it from that asshole's YT channel. Hedges made next to nothing while he was alive; be a sport & do the right thing here.

(I am attacking the guy on YouTube, not the OP.)
11/20/12 9:21 AM
jman
588 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow finally got a chance to watch this video...one word...MAJESTIC.

I don't know, just something about his spirit, him dying and being gone, playing with Manring, being a NorCal dude, acoustic guitar god, a very, VERY good singer (never heard him sing before this video). Wow, what an amazing musician and great performance.

Here's my personal favorite Hedges' song:

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.