UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Back injury question

11/20/12 2:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So on my right side starting in the middle of my back completely locks up and is giving me a lot of trouble and pain. I was rolling tonight and just a basic a guard break hurt a lot so I had to switch sides.

First question is have any of you had this? This is literally only on my right side, nothing on my left.

Next question is how do you treat it?

Thanks

11/20/12 11:34 AM
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

???
11/20/12 12:16 PM
Neal Zumbro
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back injuries are ultra hard to diagnose. Try icing after practice and adding yoga or some mobility training to your schedule is the first step. Phone Post
11/20/12 12:20 PM

Neal Zumbro -  Back injuries are ultra hard to diagnose. Try icing after practice and adding yoga or some mobility training to your schedule is the first step. Phone Post

Thank you man, I will, it is just so weird it is literally on one side of my back, and that is it. The other side is fine. Its a really weird feeling to have it on one side.
11/20/12 1:11 PM
temp226208
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Careful! You only have one back. Personally, I'd deal with it before going back to training. Go see someone if you have insurance.

It could be a muscle/tendon/etc. though if it's only on one side.
11/20/12 1:48 PM
allchokedup
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have the same problem on my left side. its not in the spine area just a little to the left. I have had this problem for years sometimes its worse than other times. I think it is a muscle but who knows.Getting a massage usually will fix it.
11/21/12 1:29 AM

allchokedup - i have the same problem on my left side. its not in the spine area just a little to the left. I have had this problem for years sometimes its worse than other times. I think it is a muscle but who knows.Getting a massage usually will fix it.

That is kind of what I thought, but 1) after cancer I am REALLY strapped for cash 2) Being 6'4 and 245lbs and having continuing problems with my lower back no chiropractor can get it to move. When my ex GFs have tried to massage my lower back it just irritates my skin and makes it red. Doesn't help anything. If I got a massage I would need to know for sure whoever did it could get into the muscle. Never had a formal massage before.
11/21/12 7:36 AM
Neal Zumbro
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you want to try deep tissue massage, buy a lacrosse ball and roll on it on the floor and against a wall. You can control the tension and imo do a much better job than most experts. I do this nearly daily as well as rolling around on a foam roller. $ 40 bucks at a sporting goods store should get you both. Phone Post
11/21/12 8:33 AM
allchokedup
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there is a chinese guy at the mall and he charges 20$ for 20 minutes. He was so hard(beep) i almost had to tell him to quit. And about that foam roller. I think that would be really good also. I had this big candle like the diameter of a big can of food. I laid it on the ground and rolled back and forth on my back. It was nice except a little painful when too close to the spine.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.