UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> PRIME MICKEY WARD VS PRIME RICKY HATTON

11/20/12 3:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
blacksamurai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who you got, and why was Kostya Tszyu win such a big deal when the dude was 36 years old and why couldn't he stop Vince Phillips? Phone Post
11/20/12 4:07 PM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hatton easy. Mickey Ward was not world championship level.
11/20/12 9:53 PM
pharochuck
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Hatton would have brutalized ward. And the kosta win was big because he made a guy who was on the pound for pound list old overnight Phone Post
11/21/12 12:43 AM
Blue Mercury

Ward wins every time.
11/21/12 11:03 AM
blacksamurai

pharochuck - Hatton would have brutalized ward. And the kosta win was big because he made a guy who was on the pound for pound list old overnight Phone Post
My point he was already old 36 lol... Phone Post
11/21/12 11:10 AM
blacksamurai

pharochuck - Hatton would have brutalized ward. And the kosta win was big because he made a guy who was on the pound for pound list old overnight Phone Post
Brah brutalize is a strong word lol whoever brutalized Ward? He was stopped only once in his career... Phone Post
11/21/12 11:13 AM
pharochuck
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blacksamurai -
Brah brutalize is a strong word lol whoever brutalized Ward? He was stopped only once in his career... Phone Post
Ward was tough, but hatton was simply on another level. Phone Post
11/21/12 12:01 PM
blacksamurai

Who is craftier i know Ward had really good head movement he kinda bob and dips in like Frazier... Yeah he is more athletic, and faster technique wise i can't speak on that cause i haven't seen enough of him imho... Phone Post
11/21/12 12:02 PM
blacksamurai

blacksamurai - Who is craftier i know Ward had really good head movement he kinda bob and dips in like Frazier... Yeah he is more athletic, and faster technique wise i can't speak on that cause i haven't seen enough of him imho... Phone Post
It meant Hatton is more athletic, and faster hands... Phone Post
11/22/12 5:33 AM
Chappie
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ward was the tough as nails journeyman who everyone liked, but a world class talent he was not. I like Ward, but he would have nothing to offer Hatton and would likely be stopped or lose by a wide margin via decision. Phone Post
11/22/12 11:25 AM
Arzn1ck
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ward would probably get cut up and stopped inside of 6. Hatton by liberal use of elbows and head butts. Phone Post
11/22/12 3:21 PM
pharochuck

Chappie - Ward was the tough as nails journeyman who everyone liked, but a world class talent he was not. I like Ward, but he would have nothing to offer Hatton and would likely be stopped or lose by a wide margin via decision. Phone Post
This^^^ I can't imagine ward winng in any scenario. I guess the souped up version of PAC that starched hatton makes people dismissive of how good hatton was Phone Post
11/22/12 5:37 PM
HayemakeredByHaye
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hatton all day long.

Not even close
11/23/12 3:38 PM
fearOfABlackPlanet

PoundforPound - Hatton easy. Mickey Ward was not world championship level.

this
11/23/12 10:54 PM
Fedoral Crime
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems like OP is a Hatton hater, I didn't know they existed! I never got to see much of Ward but he did beat Shay Neary who was undefeated and looked like a decent prospect in England.

He also had three great fights with Gatti, but in his prime Ricky would demolish him.

Hatton's punching power at junior WW was incredible and a fighter like Ward who wasn't exactly Mayweather when it came to defense, would got stopped by a body shot around the middle rounds IMO. Phone Post
11/25/12 9:43 AM
U4EA
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Hatton's punching power at junior WW was incredible"

WAT??????????
12/19/12 5:39 AM
HULC
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His power was very good in his prime, but it was his work rate and body punching that really broke people up. I think it was a crying shame that he dropped his successful style after the Kostya fight.

And in answer to the OP, Hatton would take it easily.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.