UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> For all gym owners and really anyone who tranes:

11/20/12 10:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DamnHenderson
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Capnsavem -
Lux Fixxins -
Sober -
Lux Fixxins -  What makes him an authority to make such a claim? Phone Post

Adam Singer, as mmaguy noted, is the co-owner/head coach of Hardcore Gym along with his brother Rory. Most of yall probably remember Rory from his stint in the UFC. In addition to Rory, Adam also trained Forest Griffin, former UFC champ (although Forest had moved to Vegas by that point). But Adam was his trainer when he actually made it into the UFC. Adam is also the only trainer Brian Bowles has ever had. And Brian won the WEC 135 lb belt when it was the real world championship. Adam has trained a host of other high level fighters. He is also a Roberto Traven black belt. So...yeah I'd call him an authority.

I haven't read this book, but I have trained under Adam in the past and he is an EXCELLENT instructor. I'd imagine that anything he puts out is excellent. For $5...that's a steal.

Oh...and he's also a fellow UG'r...so support him!
Thank you Phone Post
now this is how the UG should be.

dude asks a legit question, gets a legit answer, and appreciates the answer. no hate, no trolling...

I think I'm gonna cry. Phone Post
Seriously. Me too. Very cool. Phone Post
11/20/12 10:32 AM
superiordanes
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 10:34 AM

What soup said
11/20/12 10:52 AM
Rory Singer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's been a while since I have made it on the forums. Been busy as all get out running the gym, training and being a daddy.

I hope you guys enjoys Adam's book and that it helps you help others to understand MMA is for EveryBODY.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. If I can answer them I will (barring they aren't personal questions :-) or I will try and get Adam to do so.

Go pick up your copy of the book so you can get in on the conversation.

Thanks,
Rory
11/20/12 11:00 AM
stuvelo
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds interesting, TTT for the Singers

My good buddy Lawson McClure has made amazing progress under their tutelage
11/20/12 11:04 AM
OscarG
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt for Ga MMA Phone Post
11/20/12 11:38 AM
Akston
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kindle sample is too short to get a feel for the worth of the book, only shows part of the table of contents. Phone Post
11/20/12 11:52 AM
mmaguy30
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its a short book, but worth much more than the $5 you pay for it...

I really mean what I say about every gym having copies for people interested in training.

I would submit that it would convert a LOT of your walk ins into students, so really well worth the investment.

It paints MMA as a sport in a wonderful, accurate light, and should motivate a reader who does not train to get their ass into the gym...

I really hope Adam continues to write, I really enjoyed the way he put things together, the humor, and ideas conveyed.

I am suggesting Adams next book be titled "How to coach and train MMA fighters"

put any price tag on it you want... I'll buy it.
11/20/12 11:52 AM
PatK
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the funniest things I've seen was on a thread on the Tapout Forum.

Someone made a thread with a misleading thread title and the first post was a picture of a dude that looked like The Professor from the AND1 videos that was naked with a boner.

Rory posted "That's a big dick!" and people were responding with stuff like "Oh No Rory" and "WTF Rory".

Anyways, quick rundown of the book?

11/20/12 11:55 AM
Taku
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

Adam is a great guy, and a great coach. Nice to see him sharing his thoughts and experiemce with everyone.

TAKU

11/20/12 11:56 AM
Rory Singer

Akston,

Can you really go wrong for less than $5? Take a chance. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It's a good read.
11/20/12 12:01 PM
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am more than happy to answer any questions about the book. My goal was to let the general public know that MMA training is really for everyBODY. I have given a lot to this sport and I just want it to continue growing.

Phil,
I am working on my next book. It will be my "Tao of MMA."

Thanks
Adam Singer
11/20/12 12:03 PM
Mango Reinhardt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
11/20/12 12:19 PM
GladiatorGannon
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you elaborate WHY this is an important book? What are the key concepts?
11/20/12 12:20 PM
bhealthy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 12:20 PM
i hope its as good as the book "Everytime you get KTFO, you'll wish you had been sparring instead of tireflipping"
11/20/12 12:23 PM
LiveWire
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GladiatorGannon - Can you elaborate WHY this is an important book? What are the key concepts?
Good Q Phone Post
11/20/12 12:28 PM
mmaguy30
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GladiatorGannon - Can you elaborate WHY this is an important book? What are the key concepts?

Sean,

it does what the title says, dispels the "myths" associated with training MMA, such as, having to be "in shape" before starting to train, MMA is only effective as a sport, not for "self defense", its not for women, and many others.

There is a nice write up about how Adam (and Rory) came to be in the position they are in, and based on that alone, it will put the reader at ease when it comes to taking advice from them.

It dispels the idea that unless you look like a tapouot commercial with a mohawk, 50 tattoos, and a Situation level set of abs, you shouldn't be training.

It invites everyone from a young teen athlete, to overweight 50 year olds to give it a shot, and for MANY reasons, not just the end goal of fighting.

If you are a long time fighter looking for incite and training ideas, not the book for you, but if you are thinking about training, know someone who is, or run a school, this book is a GREAT way to get someone involved.

As a coach, it gave me some excellent ways to articulate my feelings about traditional martial arts, self defense programs, and people who I just cant get to commit to training for various reasons.
11/20/12 12:33 PM
Rory Singer

Well stated Phil. I don't think I nor Adam would have anything to add to that.

That is truly what the book is about. There are so many misconceptions about MMA these days and the book really helps to dispel a lot (if not all) of them.

I know we will have quite a few on hand to give out to prospective members.

It won't hurt that the author is also the head coach lol.
11/20/12 12:38 PM
Rory Singer

Btw PatK, if I remember correctly, that was a big dick lol.
11/20/12 12:46 PM
PatK
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory Singer - Btw PatK, if I remember correctly, that was a big dick lol.

LOL

Is this book more tongue and cheek, or serious?

11/20/12 12:48 PM
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The book is serious. My next one will be a combo of serious and tongue and cheek
11/20/12 12:51 PM
DiscipleDojo
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder

Got a link to the Kindle version? As a former UGA student who used to walk by Adam, Forrest and Rory rolling around in the wrestling room over at Ramsay on the way to practices TKD kicks on the heavy bags in the martial arts room (during my pre-BJJ/MMA days when I was young and stupid), and who now kicks myself every day for not joining their sessions when I had the chance, I'm definitely interested in reading this.

11/20/12 12:51 PM
wickerdick
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm the guy who says he will start training when I get in better shape so I think I'll read this book Phone Post
11/20/12 12:59 PM
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw someone mention Kindle...is this available on itunes?  

I'd like to read it.  However, just being honest, for a $5 book that is $52 pages, I would prefer to just pay for a digital download of some sort -- rather than pay for shipping and wait for hard copy to arrive.

Either way, looks interesting. 

11/20/12 1:10 PM
Adam Singer

Not on iTunes yet. But you can read any kindle book on an iPad. Phone Post
11/20/12 1:19 PM
x FOX x

Just ordered. If this book sucks you will make a powerful enemy. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.