UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> For all gym owners and really anyone who tranes:

11/20/12 2:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ComeatMeBro
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 2:17 PM
ibook version available?
11/20/12 2:28 PM
Joel
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice
11/20/12 2:32 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is awesome.

War Singer brothers! :) Phone Post
11/20/12 2:33 PM
On the Mat
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Capnsavem - 
Lux Fixxins -
Sober -
Lux Fixxins -  What makes him an authority to make such a claim? Phone Post

Adam Singer, as mmaguy noted, is the co-owner/head coach of Hardcore Gym along with his brother Rory. Most of yall probably remember Rory from his stint in the UFC. In addition to Rory, Adam also trained Forest Griffin, former UFC champ (although Forest had moved to Vegas by that point). But Adam was his trainer when he actually made it into the UFC. Adam is also the only trainer Brian Bowles has ever had. And Brian won the WEC 135 lb belt when it was the real world championship. Adam has trained a host of other high level fighters. He is also a Roberto Traven black belt. So...yeah I'd call him an authority.

I haven't read this book, but I have trained under Adam in the past and he is an EXCELLENT instructor. I'd imagine that anything he puts out is excellent. For $5...that's a steal.

Oh...and he's also a fellow UG'r...so support him!
Thank you Phone Post
now this is how the UG should be.

dude asks a legit question, gets a legit answer, and appreciates the answer. no hate, no trolling...

I think I'm gonna cry. Phone Post

Thats how it used to be around here.
11/20/12 3:04 PM
Morgz
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adam Singer -  Not on iTunes yet. But you can read any kindle book on an iPad. Phone Post

Thanks Adam. I did not know that.

11/20/12 3:06 PM
billygamble
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 3:07 PM
im getting it now.

So I know you have sold at least 2 copies :-)

Damn $9.70 after shipping and tax. I guess the kids wont have any snack paks this week, but at least i will know more about mma gyms.
11/20/12 3:25 PM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory, Long time brother...

Adam, congrats on the book. Still waiting to hear from you though. You guys are way over due for a vist to Nor-Cal.

Rory...remember the "Bumble-Bee Man"?

Happy holidays to you both. My best to you and all those you hold dear.

TAKU

11/20/12 4:11 PM
radiobaby
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Additionally everything they knew about designing book covers was wrong. Hire professionals, people.
11/20/12 4:27 PM
Bryan72
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fast implementation, I dig it Phone Post
11/20/12 5:04 PM
antifret
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats on the book Adam!
11/20/12 5:22 PM
LEMon
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adams always been very cool, I've emailed him coaching questions on multiple occasions and he's always given me great answers. Gonna grab a copy as soon as my Internet is back up at home Phone Post
11/20/12 5:43 PM
ArtisticStrength
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
11/20/12 5:47 PM
Naheb
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
11/20/12 6:54 PM
Bad News Garand
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks cool, just bought it. For $8 with shipping why not right Phone Post
11/20/12 7:15 PM
The Swinging Richard
596 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazon Link: MMA Myths: Why Everything You Think You Know About Training MMA Is Wrong

11/20/12 8:34 PM
diggity

UGCTT_Capnsavem -
Lux Fixxins -
Sober -
Lux Fixxins -  What makes him an authority to make such a claim? Phone Post

Adam Singer, as mmaguy noted, is the co-owner/head coach of Hardcore Gym along with his brother Rory. Most of yall probably remember Rory from his stint in the UFC. In addition to Rory, Adam also trained Forest Griffin, former UFC champ (although Forest had moved to Vegas by that point). But Adam was his trainer when he actually made it into the UFC. Adam is also the only trainer Brian Bowles has ever had. And Brian won the WEC 135 lb belt when it was the real world championship. Adam has trained a host of other high level fighters. He is also a Roberto Traven black belt. So...yeah I'd call him an authority.

I haven't read this book, but I have trained under Adam in the past and he is an EXCELLENT instructor. I'd imagine that anything he puts out is excellent. For $5...that's a steal.

Oh...and he's also a fellow UG'r...so support him!
Thank you Phone Post
now this is how the UG should be.

dude asks a legit question, gets a legit answer, and appreciates the answer. no hate, no trolling...

I think I'm gonna cry. Phone Post
Yes!!just realised how normal but uncommon that was. Awesome. And I'll buy the book fo shizz! Phone Post
11/20/12 8:59 PM
Rory Singer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Irishman84,

The title of each chapter is the myth. So the title is MMA Isn't For Women and then Adam goes on to detail why that's a myth. Hope that helps clear that up.
11/20/12 9:16 PM
Ebony
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just to add... The singers were apart of the tiny, elite, MMA authority in Georgia when I started training 11 years ago. That was long before there was money or fame to be had coaching I joind one of the better gym in the state and it was a converted tool shed. The Singers have done a wonderful job of surviving through the change by sharing fabulous knowledge and most importantly, investing in their students.

In other words, buy this damned book!

Adam, $5 isn't much but is there enough room to offer the book at a lower bulk rate for gym that may want to carry it?

11/20/12 9:45 PM
PTM2020
1270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds like a cool idea for a book.

11/20/12 9:52 PM
James Foy
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
11/20/12 10:19 PM
H@GG!S

In

11/20/12 10:39 PM
choadler
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup Nazi - 

interdasting

I had no idea you posted outside of looking up hot broads (a.k.a. Zelda Rubenstein! Va va voom!).

Rock on Soup.

11/20/12 10:43 PM
KneeToFaceKO

MountainMedic - 
KingofEngland - MMAGUY only chirps up on here when he's trying to ruin someone's life or con money out of people. Phone Post
Not good natured Phone Post

No doubt. KingofEngland seems like an asshat. MMAGUY30 is good for the sport.
11/20/12 10:50 PM
McGruff The Crime Hog
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not seeing this available on Kindle on the amazon website. Phone Post
11/20/12 11:10 PM
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you everyone. Makes me want to get to work on my next book right away.

This should be the kindle link. http://www.amazon.com/MMA-Myths-ebook/dp/B00A928AOW/ref=zg_bs_1239413011_6

Ebony, contact me directly, I am sure we can work something out. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.