UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> added new computer and router keeps crashing?

11/20/12 7:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MarkRobinson
1139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys.

I was hoping someone might have some insight into my problem. My household has a few computers. We have a main router and second router (connected to the first) that we use for our Strong VPN. We have Apple computers and windows computers in the house but just got a new pc running Windows 8. For some reason when its connected it crashes the main router. The VPN router continues to work but the Windows 8 comp wont stay connected to either. 

The main router is older but not that old. The VPN router is one we got directly from our VPN carrier and is less than a year old. 

Any idea as to whats wrong here and how to resolve the issue? 

Any help is appreciated. 

thank you 

11/20/12 2:04 PM
Road Warrior Fin
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try and see if there are more up to date drivers for your network card AND/OR - see if you can hardset the port (full duplex/1000 (On the router) and then connect it.

11/20/12 3:25 PM
MarkRobinson
1139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks

5/30/13 12:35 PM
ReneH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you by chance upgrade to a faster broadband? If so, you might wanna check out your modem and see if it is compatible with the newer speeds. Google your modem model and see it is up to par. Did you buy a router and a switch router? You might wanna check to see that both are strictly routers.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.