UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Best leg routine you've done?

11/22/12 2:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HULC
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - JC Leg Cranks.

BW Squats 24 reps
Alternate Lunges 12 reps (each leg)
Alternate Split Jump 12 reps (each leg)
Squat Jumps 24 reps

Repeat for a total of 4-6 times.

I love the leg cranks too, but i think the jump squats should be 12 rather than 24.
11/22/12 2:37 AM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/22/12 2:39 AM
You're absolutely right, HULC. That should be 12 jump squats.

Careless typing on my part.
11/22/12 8:17 PM
Taku
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys,

The JC leg cranks (like anything) are open to interpretation. As I mentioned above, I sometimes add weight to them, or I'll increase all the reps for my stronger athletes.

Change reps from 24-24-24-12 to 36-36-36-18.

Another leg crank style series I like is: JUMP - SQUAT - HOLD

Jump for 30 seconds, squat for 30 seconds, and then hold the lower squat position for 30 seconds. This one is brutal. The secret is to jump as high as possible (if you can jump 24 inches, your feet better not be only 2 inches of the ground). Try this one for yourself or on your clients etc. For my tougher guys I'll have them do two or three of these in a row.

TAKU

11/23/12 7:47 AM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku - 

When I was a competitive skateboarder I used to skate pools for hours. On my way home, I would get cramps in my entire leg...The quads would start to go, and when I would bend my leg to relax the quads, the hamstrings would light up. AGONY.

Would have made a funny YouTube video watching me trying to find a pain free position.

TAKU

lol! Same thing has happened to me at a couple ultra events. It's funny but it sucks.
11/23/12 9:49 AM
None So Blind
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Rippetoe: "Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep (breathing squat) program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he will ask if he can work in."
11/23/12 10:14 AM
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squat & Lunge superset.

The lunges were done in different planes/motions each set and the squat was heavy.

3 reps on the squat, 12 reps on each lunge, 5 sets.

Torture, just torture.
11/27/12 3:38 AM
andyman011
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got to know what all these different squats Target. All I do is traditional back squats slow down, explode up. What's the difference between all of them or is it preference. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.