UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vote Downs are Cyber Bullying on UG

12/11/12 5:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ufc98newb
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

Dreamer, I never got an answer on this....and I asked before almost everybody.

back in '86 there would've been consequences for the sausage king being treated this way

12/11/12 5:19 PM
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA - 

ABE FROMAN:  Did you get my PM?

I am checking now.....

12/11/12 5:29 PM
ABE FROMAN

Sent you PM back.

12/11/12 5:34 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8, exactly. I don't care about the arrows, but I care about getting frozen like I'm some kinda pezza di merda posting garbage.

12/11/12 5:35 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Abe, he brought it up several times. He tried. As did I.

12/11/12 5:38 PM
ABE FROMAN

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Well according to the PM you both succeeded. I am satisfied with the answer I got even if it's not what I expected.

Like I said to Dreamer, thank you both for going out of your way, I'm sure both of you have more important shit to attend to than this.

12/11/12 6:02 PM
DreamerMMA
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
ABE FROMAN - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Well according to the PM you both succeeded. I am satisfied with the answer I got even if it's not what I expected.

Like I said to Dreamer, thank you both for going out of your way, I'm sure both of you have more important shit to attend to than this.

IMO, there is nothing more important to this site than the members who populate it.

This place is a community, it exists because of, and for, the people in it.

A mods job isn't just to punish trolls, we also try to help members who are having problems.  We don't always succeed but we do try.

We catch some flak, we get called glorified hall monitors, nerds, whatever.  I could care less.

Several of the mods here are military veterans, fighters, police officers and so on so many of us are or were public servants in one way or another, this is just another way for us to continue doing what we enjoy.

I like helping people, I enjoy being able to solve problems and I think that goes for the mods and admins here as well.  This is our community too, most of us were just members here like everyone else before we became mods.

Like the forums we argue and disagree about things but at the end of the day we have each others backs, however, any of us can lose our modships for many reasons and some have.  We are not above reproach or consequences for our actions.

If this place wasn't a community I never would have wanted to mod here.  I've seen this place come together and do some amazing things for people, we've collectively mourned our fallen and reached out to those in need.

So again, nothing is more important than the people in this community when it comes to moderating IMO.

12/11/12 6:57 PM
DonFrye_Fan

People who post on this forum that care about a number next to their name are nothing more than cyber pussies!

12/11/12 7:38 PM
StretchPlum

I did a post about Nick Diaz looking like a middle schooler when he gives someone the finger, and got 30 VDs within a couple days.
12/11/12 7:40 PM
ABE FROMAN

StretchPlum - I did a post about Nick Diaz looking like a middle schooler when he gives someone the finger, and got 30 VDs within a couple days.

Yea well, you're going to get a votedown on Spladdle too ;)

12/11/12 11:56 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA - 
UGCTT_EnderTL - 

Bumping this to point out I'm consistently losing roughly 3 a day for the last week. This is also the least active I've been on the UG for a long, long time.. now all of a sudden my votes are dropping? Seems strange. Is there some sort of karma punishment for inactivity?

Also, my previous request to clarify a certain situation has not been addressed, even though I was told it would be. After I was told that admins would look into sketchy situations involving the karma system, I agreed to drop my campaign for votes to be made public. It appears I have been lied to, so I have no other choice than to TTT this thread and bring up this whole mess again.

It's not fun being lied to and ignored when all I've tried to do is offer solutions to fix a system many believe is broken.

Ok, Savage Napkin is on it, he has found you do indeed have a stalker that's voted you down for the last 6 days straight.

That's all the info I have for now, I'll update when I know more.

Thank you for looking into it. It's funny and sad that is the case.

12/12/12 12:41 AM
DreamerMMA
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
UGCTT_EnderTL - 
DreamerMMA - 
UGCTT_EnderTL - 

Bumping this to point out I'm consistently losing roughly 3 a day for the last week. This is also the least active I've been on the UG for a long, long time.. now all of a sudden my votes are dropping? Seems strange. Is there some sort of karma punishment for inactivity?

Also, my previous request to clarify a certain situation has not been addressed, even though I was told it would be. After I was told that admins would look into sketchy situations involving the karma system, I agreed to drop my campaign for votes to be made public. It appears I have been lied to, so I have no other choice than to TTT this thread and bring up this whole mess again.

It's not fun being lied to and ignored when all I've tried to do is offer solutions to fix a system many believe is broken.

Ok, Savage Napkin is on it, he has found you do indeed have a stalker that's voted you down for the last 6 days straight.

No problem, I really hope this is an issue that can somehow be fixed.

12/12/12 12:53 AM
vaginal tear
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA -
UGCTT_EnderTL - 
DreamerMMA - 
UGCTT_EnderTL - 

No problem, I really hope this is an issue that can somehow be fixed.

Can you go ahead and let me know if I have one as well? A month or 2 ago I went from neg 11 to 30. It was a steady stream of -3 a day. Phone Post
12/12/12 7:03 AM
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MVP, Most Valuable Poster, Bobby Lupo AKA Olive Garden...would also like to know about who's stalking my life and voting me down. 

You would never, ever vote me down to my face. 

12/12/12 7:08 AM
6ULDV8

I really don't get it.  If it is the same kids and for no reason, it should be stopped.

Thanks for sticking it out Lupo.  You make this a better place.

For real.

12/12/12 8:11 AM

Kirik has been a gentleman in all of this and sorted me out a few times, but I shouldn't have to go straight to the boss with a problem. His red named cappos should be able to pre emtively problem solve. The boss shouldn't have to be bothered with such nonsense. I was frozen the day before a UFC. How you gonna let that happen when money is flying around the Lupo Locks thread? I wish someone froze my account with my bookie before the Fox card...what a disaster with the changing of the garb and all.

12/12/12 8:44 AM
6ULDV8

LOL, too true!  The Fox card reminded me why I stopped betting serious money on MMA.

12/12/12 9:14 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

What DreamerMMA said.

*smiles. My boy is all growed up now

12/12/12 9:25 AM

We need to stop vetting with emotion. Shogun, nog, Bj, Mir, faber, Gomi, wand, rampage, Barnett, will never win another meaningful fight again. Phone Post
7/21/14 1:08 AM
Enemies

Old thread. Sorry for bumping but I figured it was better than starting a new thread.

I know quite a while back vote downs showed up but it was removed. Is it possible to see how many vote downs somebody has somewhere on the site? I checked, couldn't find any.

I know I got a bunch of vote downs for my opinions on Rousey. Curious if I'm at -50 or -500. :P
7/21/14 6:30 AM
TBA11

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - LOL. Its just a stupid number Brah. I have a legion of losers who vote me down every day too. Who cares? Phone Post
Lol I so agree Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 7:54 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA - 
ABE FROMAN - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

IMO, there is nothing more important to this site than the members who populate it.

This place is a community, it exists because of, and for, the people in it.

A mods job isn't just to punish trolls, we also try to help members who are having problems.  We don't always succeed but we do try.

We catch some flak, we get called glorified hall monitors, nerds, whatever.  I could care less.

Several of the mods here are military veterans, fighters, police officers and so on so many of us are or were public servants in one way or another, this is just another way for us to continue doing what we enjoy.

I like helping people, I enjoy being able to solve problems and I think that goes for the mods and admins here as well.  This is our community too, most of us were just members here like everyone else before we became mods.

Like the forums we argue and disagree about things but at the end of the day we have each others backs, however, any of us can lose our modships for many reasons and some have.  We are not above reproach or consequences for our actions.

If this place wasn't a community I never would have wanted to mod here.  I've seen this place come together and do some amazing things for people, we've collectively mourned our fallen and reached out to those in need.

So again, nothing is more important than the people in this community when it comes to moderating IMO.

Well, I love you all

XX
7/21/14 8:59 AM
CowboyIsMillersSandman
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - LOL. Its just a stupid number Brah. I have a legion of losers who vote me down every day too. Who cares? Phone Post
This my life on the ug, I make the same post as usual and it just goes up and down. I am just happy to have a little green. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 9:47 AM
LeaTher_fAcE

KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist - I want a cyber nerd to say to my face that he voted me down! We will see how tough his keyboard is then! Phone Post
Haha Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 10:57 AM
VinegarStrokes
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think mods can tell you how low you are. But I think they removed the negative number so trolls would stop wearing that shit like a badge of honor. Oh I am so edgy I have -900 votes because I suck at life and troll everyone.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.