UnderGround Forums >> Vote Downs are Cyber Bullying on UG

11/20/12 3:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - 
ABE FROMAN - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Ftr I have nothing to do with it. The boss set it up.

Yea, and you're the only one who's responsive.

I emailed 2 mods - no answer

lol

You didn't email me. Do I smell? :(

Sorry dude, I'm unaware of who can and cannot see these things. Thanks for making yourself available though.

For what it's worth, I've been voted down on this thread 3 times.

There needs to be some kind of reasoning system behind vote downs, just like bullets need to cost 20 dollars a piece.

11/20/12 3:26 PM
Neil McCauley

Edited: 11/20/12 3:27 PM
a few weeks back i talked some smack on cigarette smokers and ever since i have been getting -3 votes every day, all within a couple minutes of eachother. The votes also occur right around the same time everyday. It doesnt matter if I post or not, the angry individual searches out old posts to vote down. Obviously its one butt hurt person voting me down from 3 different accounts. I dont even care, i think its hilarious that i would have that much of an effect on someone. Embrace your vote downs people!
11/20/12 3:32 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 11/20/12 3:33 PM
Neil McCauley - a few weeks back i talked some smack on cigarette smokers and ever since i have been getting -3 votes every day, all within a couple minutes of eachother. The votes also occur right around the same time everyday. It doesnt matter if I post or not, the angry individual searches out old posts to vote down. Obviously its one butt hurt person voting me down from 3 different accounts. I dont even care, i think its hilarious that i would have that much of an effect on someone. Embrace your vote downs people!

I find it hard to believe but your case is EXACTLY like mine. I can go a week without posting but the votedowns never stop.

There's a pattern going on here.

Tomorrow at roughly 10AM-ish I will get 3 votedowns.

11/20/12 3:35 PM
Ludelow

i don't mind the vote downs, but they get you frozen for a period time
11/20/12 3:38 PM
Neil McCauley

ABE FROMAN - 
Neil McCauley - a few weeks back i talked some smack on cigarette smokers and ever since i have been getting -3 votes every day, all within a couple minutes of eachother. The votes also occur right around the same time everyday. It doesnt matter if I post or not, the angry individual searches out old posts to vote down. Obviously its one butt hurt person voting me down from 3 different accounts. I dont even care, i think its hilarious that i would have that much of an effect on someone. Embrace your vote downs people!

I find it hard to believe but your case is EXACTLY like mine. I can go a week without posting but the votedowns never stop.

You may find it hard to believe, but a mod can confirm that is indeed happening. I went from about -15 to - 77 in a few weeks, 3 votes at a time.
11/20/12 3:40 PM
ABE FROMAN

Ludelow - i don't mind the vote downs, but they get you frozen for a period time

That's the only reason I'm diligant about. LMAO if it were just about colored arrows. It's about troll accounts having the abiity to freeze members based on vendettas, and they wake up daily to do it.

11/20/12 3:42 PM
Tom O'BentOverByFitch
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
Tom O'BentOverByFitch - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

We also look at the system to see if it's being abused.

I just un-froze a guy who continues to get locked because people disagree with him.

Lies. I was just frozen recently for no reason. U say the system is in place to change behavior. But how can we change behavior if we have no clue why we were frozen. Phone Post

It wasn't for no reason.

Don't try to act like you aren't consistently an ass to other forum members.

first of all, being an "ass" isnt against the rules and therefore you shouldnt be voted down for that

second, i am not consistently an ass to other forum members...they are asses to me and i defend myself...go back and look at my posts..usually what happens is that I offer an unfiltered honest opinion about a fighter, which doesnt amount to bashing, and then his nuthuggers come out in full force to attack me..so i defend myself and end up trouncing them...i dont initiate any of this "ass" activity that you refer to

Bullshit.  De nile ain't just a river in Africa.

11/20/12 3:42 PM
ABE FROMAN

Neil McCauley - 
ABE FROMAN - 

You may find it hard to believe, but a mod can confirm that is indeed happening. I went from about -15 to - 77 in a few weeks, 3 votes at a time.

Oh, I believe you, I was just saying that it's hard to believe there is anybody obsessive enough to do this regulary. Your case is identical to mine except I went from +70 to what I am currently, and I did it while hardly being on the UG.

11/20/12 3:45 PM
SpiritualElixir

I wonder if mods are looking at the people voting me down.  It's comical.

Look at my threads, all positive and mind inspiring.  Fuck the haters

11/20/12 3:46 PM
MattyECB
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SavageNationFan - It pains me to see my fellow Pie Zan having to use that screen name. Kirik should intervene. Disgrazia.

Wow, just noticed what his SN was. The sicillian in me might be mildly offended, but godamn if that isn't a hillarious burn from an SN bet
11/20/12 3:53 PM
disbeliever
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
ABE FROMAN - 
disbeliever - 
ABE FROMAN - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

lol

Sorry dude, I'm unaware of who can and cannot see these things. Thanks for making yourself available though.

There needs to be some kind of reasoning system behind vote downs, just like bullets need to cost 20 dollars a piece.

Well I am here if you need anything
11/20/12 3:54 PM
voorhees

It's the stupidest thing the UG has ever done,and whether the OP was joking or not,it IS "bullying".

I get voted down at least once a day and for no reason.

Except last night,when I made a thread almost everyone hated and gave me a ton of shit for making,no one votes me down at all.

So yeah,it makes a LOT of sense,no?
11/20/12 3:55 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 11/20/12 3:56 PM
disbeliever - 
ABE FROMAN - 
disbeliever - 
ABE FROMAN - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

lol

Well I am here if you need anything

I would like to know who spends their time voting me down daily even for extended days when I'm not posting. I know you can't answer but I'd at least like to know if you see a pattern in this because a pattern does exist. Also, thanks for being responsive, I think everybody here noticed.

11/20/12 3:57 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of the speculation goes away if votes are public... lol

11/20/12 4:02 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

For drama's sake, I'd love to see the member who actually takes the time and takes something that personally on here to vote you down from three different accounts every single day.  I actually feel sorry for them.  *waits for my vd's to start tomorrow morning*

11/20/12 4:03 PM
MattyECB
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - Subbed for vtfus

it's a trap
11/20/12 4:04 PM
SJCOTTON
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude if you're worrying about how many votes you have on ug, then you have a pretty sweet life. Man the fuck up bro Phone Post
11/20/12 4:07 PM
ABE FROMAN

BrCutter - 
ABE FROMAN - 

For drama's sake, I'd love to see the member who actually takes the time and takes something that personally on here to vote you down from three different accounts every single day.  I actually feel sorry for them.  *waits for my vd's to start tomorrow morning*

Me too. I want to know what makes them tick. Everybody knows when they are pushing buttons around here, I'm not playing innocent and wondering why I get votedowns. I'm hardly controversial, very little reason to be controversial, the MMA world has been fairly tame, yet every day there it is.

Down +70 to 

11/20/12 4:14 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I too have a lone stalker. That solitary vote down per day haunts my existence, it follows me like the day version of Richard Ramirez. What have I done to deserve such torment? What have I done to this person to make them so vengeful? Alas, I may never find out. The most I can do now is wait, and weep, and do my darndest to avoid drinking the arsenic and putting an end to it all.

11/20/12 4:15 PM
disbeliever
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't looked into anything yet, but I will point out that peoples posts linger even after you log off.

I hear people say "I wasn't even online when I was voted down!". If someone makes a post people feel need voting down, that post is online even when you are not, and people may just be getting around to seeing it.
11/20/12 4:18 PM
ABE FROMAN

disbeliever - I haven't looked into anything yet, but I will point out that peoples posts linger even after you log off.

I hear people say "I wasn't even online when I was voted down!". If someone makes a post people feel need voting down, that post is online even when you are not, and people may just be getting around to seeing it.

If I thought anything I wrote merited votedowns I wouldn't even ask. Some people troll relentlessly and wonder why they have 800 red arrows.

I am hardly controversial. 

11/20/12 4:58 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you share your opinion, you risk being voted down simply because others may angrily disagree.

Their vote down is akin to a red faced shrieking "SHUT UP" if you were conversing in public.

I say this because the intelligent thing to do is to state YOUR opinion and engage the guy you feel is incorrect.

I feel vote downs should be used for abusing other members, threats, posting unsubstantiated rumors as facts and name calling of pros or any other member in an aggressive manner.

Quite frankly, if you want to be voted down quickly until frozen just state your opinion especially if such opinion relates to a fighter who posts here or is beloved here.

It's very simple how these people operate on here and if you want green, be agreeable and post pictures.

I've never voted. I haven't voted anyone down because I disagree with them because if I disagree with them I post why and engage them as an adult should.

Pathetic are those who cannot wait to vote certain people down and this sort of behavior takes away from that which such a system was meant for in the first place.

Why purchase a blue/grey name if you know you can't really state your opinion respectfully because those who disagree will vote you frozen? Phone Post
11/20/12 5:04 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was voted down until frozen over the weekend.

For stating my opinion.

Those who disagreed could have engaged me otherwise and been productive but instead simply voted down.

Which definitely made me decide to not buy a blue/grey name, made me order PPV instead of online to get the "free blue from Kirik" and caused me to check out of this community because it's too clear that the majority are incapable of being reasonable and are better suited to GIFs, romoshops and only those who agree with them wholeheartedly.

I get why everyone said posters chased the green pros away.

Because the vocal minority is definitely not making it seem worthwhile to become a paying member of the site.

I'd think Kirik would rather have more people buy blue/grey names.

But why buy anything if you are only going to get red arrows and freezings which can be done for free? Phone Post
11/20/12 5:18 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 11/20/12 5:20 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  I was voted down until frozen over the weekend.

For stating my opinion.

Those who disagreed could have engaged me otherwise and been productive but instead simply voted down.

Which definitely made me decide to not buy a blue/grey name, made me order PPV instead of online to get the "free blue from Kirik" and caused me to check out of this community because it's too clear that the majority are incapable of being reasonable and are better suited to GIFs, romoshops and only those who agree with them wholeheartedly.

I get why everyone said posters chased the green pros away.

Because the vocal minority is definitely not making it seem worthwhile to become a paying member of the site.

I'd think Kirik would rather have more people buy blue/grey names.

But why buy anything if you are only going to get red arrows and freezings which can be done for free? Phone Post

I voted you back up since both of us were just voted down in the last 5 minutes. 

Incredible.

Perhaps the UG shoud do as the OG does and form a coalition of voteup threads to cancel out votedowns if nobody is going to listen.

11/20/12 5:21 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I so enjoy your writing style with the spacing between sentences JDC. Are you a type A personality ?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.