UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vote Downs are Cyber Bullying on UG

11/20/12 5:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

I voted u up today Froman.   Don't hate da playa.....hate tha game ! lol

11/20/12 5:41 PM
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

11/20/12 5:45 PM
SugaFoot
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"just so you know that this thread is coming from a better and smarter poster than you and not just some catablasma jabroni."

How can you make such a hasty generalization about every poster on the UG?

11/20/12 5:46 PM
SugaFoot
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 5:46 PM

Making threads like this will not help you get more vote ups.

11/20/12 5:47 PM
jellyman
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I should be down two or three by now...

One poster pretty much said he hates me and likely he votes me down when he can. Said I have a "liberal/anti-white agenda". He's been stalking me for at least 6 years.

Figures the. "universe" will get me one day (for my hateful utterances I guess).

As a guy with some undergrad knowledge of psychology I find the whole thing pretty fascinating. I mean this guy is freaking unhinged. I put it down to post election madness. Phone Post
11/20/12 5:49 PM
Tolstolobic

Some posters had many negative votes and once it was visible all of sudden they got positive votes. So yes its crippling the honest votes.
And its childish as well this voting system is BS anyways. Phone Post
11/20/12 5:52 PM
jellyman
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still think an anonymous comment left with the vote down (optional for vote up) is a middle ground for the chicken hearted to at least speak their mind.

I mean if you can't even articulate why u mad, why u mad? Phone Post
11/20/12 5:59 PM
bruised
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - I've never been frozen to my knowledge, and I have some hugely differing opinions. Many times unpopular. But by being respectful and coming at topics with a sense of rationalism usually people may not like what I say but they respect it.
I mean sometimes I don't. But that's life.

And im by no means the most respectful or kindest but I make an effort even when I have really contrasting views with other members. Phone Post
Yeah, I have to agree with you here. I've gotten a couple of vote downs, but they were probably deserved. When I've disagreed with people and expressed my thoughts without being a dick, I haven't been VTFD.

I think there are a little of people who dislike the fact that the voting system is making it readily apparent that they're a troll. This is good for new members who may not know who the trolls are.

I think anonymity is good for the voting system and allows the community to adequately show who the positive members are. Removing the anonymity would start a 'tag, you're it!" mentality. The anonymous voting at least makes people consider the repercussions of posting something shitty.

For those being persecuted on a daily basis, I think the mods should investigate and take action against people who daily VTFD other members. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:07 PM
SkooterFanForLife
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had that clockwork three votedowns every day for a while. I went from +8 to -39 mostly from my "nick Diaz hasn't faced a wrestler in 6 years" thread. Lol, never cared!
11/20/12 6:12 PM
56sav

I kinda like the system...at least it's a way of knowing people actually are reading what you post, even if it does piss them off :-D
11/20/12 6:13 PM
bruised
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry. For the previous FRAT post. Two other points:

1) With posts that include statements like this, "just so you know that this thread is coming from a better and smarter poster than you and not just some catablasma jabroni." Can you be surprised that you are voted down?

2) What are your thoughts about two ideas to prevent abuse:

A) A timeframe (say 24 hours) for which a specific post can be voted down. This would make it so old posts aren't repeatedly voted down day after day.

B) Providing a way for members to see which comment is being voted down. That way, if someone is being voted down for a post that doesn't warrant it (e.g. Someone posts "Great fight suggestion!" and is voted down) it's apparent that they are being targeted and can ask mods for help.

What do you guys think? Phone Post
11/20/12 6:15 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One time I was cyber bullied. I remember how I logged in under free will, ignored the block button and read what my attackers said without being forced to.

People say sticks and stones my break my bones, but words will never hurt me....but numbers....they give you cancer =( Phone Post
11/20/12 6:23 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean, look at Skooter, that kid was the poster child of Down Vote Bullying. Poor kid.

Put in the wrong quote, get a down vote, then get Cyber KO'ed by the GOAT

11/20/12 6:23 PM
ABE FROMAN

bruised -  Sorry. For the previous FRAT post. Two other points:

1) With posts that include statements like this, "just so you know that this thread is coming from a better and smarter poster than you and not just some catablasma jabroni." Can you be surprised that you are voted down?

2) What are your thoughts about two ideas to prevent abuse:

A) A timeframe (say 24 hours) for which a specific post can be voted down. This would make it so old posts aren't repeatedly voted down day after day.

B) Providing a way for members to see which comment is being voted down. That way, if someone is being voted down for a post that doesn't warrant it (e.g. Someone posts "Great fight suggestion!" and is voted down) it's apparent that they are being targeted and can ask mods for help.

What do you guys think? Phone Post

Elementary suggestions (which means good in my book).

All of those things are easily implemented. My personal idea would be to enforce a 'reason' field that has a minimum of characters similar to Wordpress. That way when you look back in the field for abuse it references both the post and the 'reason' for a votedown.

If votedowns can implement a freeze then something like this must be done.

11/20/12 6:26 PM
ABE FROMAN

DoomFarmer - Bobby Lupo has now been frozen due to votes down.

As I stated earlier, THIS IS ONE BULLSHIT!

Horrible injustices continue to occur related to the Sakara/Cote fight...this may well be the biggest MMA controversy ever.

This is not right.

Mods you must remedy this situation at once.

Exhibit #1 why there needs to be more control of this process. There was no reason to freeze Bobby.

11/20/12 7:21 PM
DumpsterBaby
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Banana stickers. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:32 PM
dummythrust

people even vote me down in real life :(

11/20/12 7:44 PM
UGCTT_mousetrap
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA -

I love how computer nerds are the new bully.

This Phone Post
11/20/12 7:51 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you guys see somebody get bullshit voted down and frozen, just let me (or another Mod) know. Fixed. No problem.

11/20/12 7:53 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

If you guys see somebody get bullshit voted down and frozen, just let me (or another Mod) know. Fixed. No problem.

thanks. someone voted me down on here earler for making a harmless joke...can you please ban that person permanently?

11/20/12 7:58 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

If you want, we can take a vote (poll thread) about your sense of 'humor'. You don't think the 320 plus vote downs are an accident, do you ?

11/20/12 7:58 PM
Sourire
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's just a number, man. I'll probably be in the red forever because I don't tow the popular opinion around here.

95% of the votes I do are up. I would only vote someone down for a serious offense, never because they give a different opinion.
11/20/12 8:38 PM
Farewell Brock
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -
Ludelow - i don't mind the vote downs, but they get you frozen for a period time

That's the only reason I'm diligant about. LMAO if it were just about colored arrows. It's about troll accounts having the abiity to freeze members based on vendettas, and they wake up daily to do it.

The part that bothers me are the fanboys/nuthuggers. People can absolutkey blast a fighter (for this purpose ill use condit as the example) but the second you mention something negative about there hero (again its obvious I'm talking about nick) you get votedowns without reason.

I mentioned in a thread I don't like nick Diaz. Suddenly its "oh you hate 209 and cant stand the Diaz brothers" never once mentioned geography or nate Diaz but its worth 5 or 6 vd's then one the next day. Phone Post
11/20/12 9:11 PM
Sam9104
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed. I have not insulted anyone nor trolled or said anything bad except my own opinions about something yet people vote me down because they don't agree with me.

Hence, I'll lurk around here; state some neutral opinion and do most posting on sherdog or mmashare.. I like this forum more though..
11/20/12 9:18 PM
GeneraI
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Farewell Brock -
ABE FROMAN -
Ludelow - i don't mind the vote downs, but they get you frozen for a period time

That's the only reason I'm diligant about. LMAO if it were just about colored arrows. It's about troll accounts having the abiity to freeze members based on vendettas, and they wake up daily to do it.

The part that bothers me are the fanboys/nuthuggers. People can absolutkey blast a fighter (for this purpose ill use condit as the example) but the second you mention something negative about there hero (again its obvious I'm talking about nick) you get votedowns without reason.

I mentioned in a thread I don't like nick Diaz. Suddenly its "oh you hate 209 and cant stand the Diaz brothers" never once mentioned geography or nate Diaz but its worth 5 or 6 vd's then one the next day. Phone Post
Nothing is more idiotic then voting someone down because their opinions differ.
Something just as worse are people voting each other up, not based on good posts but because they beg for it and make threads dedicated to vote each other up (take a look at the 209 thread above); this is something you see on the OG all the time. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.