UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vote Downs are Cyber Bullying on UG

11/21/12 6:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Krypstonite
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

We also look at the system to see if it's being abused.

I just un-froze a guy who continues to get locked because people disagree with him.

if only Han Solo had this kind of support.

That's an awesome comment and made me LOL in public.

Thanks. Phone Post
11/21/12 7:13 AM
TenOfSwords
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One - 

This is Bobby Lupo (I too was robbed in Montreal along with Lawlor and Sakara), just so you know that this thread is coming from a better and smarter poster than you and not just some catablasma jabroni.

Almost 100% of the time, I express the correct, yet sometimes unpopular, opinion. Most dummies like being wrong and not having their beliefs challenged, so they are inclined to vote someone like me down because they can't handle the truth.

In 2 weeks I went from +26 to -17. You people are disgraceful for this actions. This is nothing more than cyber bullying, and I am the victim.

Kirik should make all the bullies vote me up and restore my good name.

You mean a catablasma jaboni like me?

Of course I've been called much worse on here - most notably in a certain afterparty thread!

11/21/12 7:23 AM
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really think being able to see who votes you up/down would be a terrible idea.

Vote someone up and they'll feel they have to 'get you back' even if you post crap.

Vote someone down and 'Cyber Bullying' would jump to a whole new level.

I think it would make the circlejerking hivemind as bad as Reddit, where very few people really have an opinion and everyone just jumps on the circlejerk train for Karma, which at the end of the day don't mean jack shit.

There have been some kinks, but overall it has helped clean up the retarded trolls quite a bit.  Heck, it even made me buy a blue name again, which I said I'd never do because the place had gone full retard with stupid trolls.

People downvoting for differences of opinion are idiots, but idiots are everywhere, especially on the internet.  People downvoting posters like Lupo are nigh on mentally retarded.  Dude is quality through and through.

And even though it might not be fair, his temporary new SN is hilarious.

11/21/12 7:45 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TenOfSwords - 
Olive Garden Table For One - 

This is Bobby Lupo (I too was robbed in Montreal along with Lawlor and Sakara), just so you know that this thread is coming from a better and smarter poster than you and not just some catablasma jabroni.

Almost 100% of the time, I express the correct, yet sometimes unpopular, opinion. Most dummies like being wrong and not having their beliefs challenged, so they are inclined to vote someone like me down because they can't handle the truth.

In 2 weeks I went from +26 to -17. You people are disgraceful for this actions. This is nothing more than cyber bullying, and I am the victim.

You mean a catablasma jaboni like me?

Of course I've been called much worse on here - most notably in a certain afterparty thread!

Cuzo, I had your back on that thread. The suit was sharp as a tack.

11/21/12 7:54 AM
DreamerMMA
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

I really think being able to see who votes you up/down would be a terrible idea.

Vote someone up and they'll feel they have to 'get you back' even if you post crap.

I think it would make the circlejerking hivemind as bad as Reddit, where very few people really have an opinion and everyone just jumps on the circlejerk train for Karma, which at the end of the day don't mean jack shit.

There have been some kinks, but overall it has helped clean up the retarded trolls quite a bit.  Heck, it even made me buy a blue name again, which I said I'd never do because the place had gone full retard with stupid trolls.

People downvoting for differences of opinion are idiots, but idiots are everywhere, especially on the internet.  People downvoting posters like Lupo are nigh on mentally retarded.  Dude is quality through and through.

I absolutely agree.

11/21/12 8:06 AM
Tom O'BentOverByFitch
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus, you all are still talking about this?

11/21/12 10:52 AM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 11/21/12 10:52 AM
DreamerMMA - 

I have no idea who you emailed and can't speak for them.

I understand that you feel ignored but it's more likely that the admins want to let the system work out it's bugs rather than do away with it altogether.

I understand you think you have a stalker who is voting you down, I'll bring this up to the admins to see if they can look into it.

What exactly do you want to bring to our attention Abe?  I know you don't like the vote down/up system but I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon. 

Is your main complaint the lack of oversight on the voting system or the lack of accountability on those who abuse this system or do you just feel that everyone should be able to see who is voting them up/down and why?

Oh no, I like the voting up system quite a bit, it's just the implementation that's the problem.

Too easy to vote down without oversight, no minimum character reason field, no checks and balances regarding stalking etc. Force a reason field for votedowns and you'll force people abusing the system to give a reason why every time they do it.

The fact that there are no less than 10 threads on the OG with posters exchanging votes also presents a problem that should be handled. It's like the system was put in place and the admins expected people's  good behavior to come out. 

I don't have any special need to see who votes down, but any mod should be able to see it so that they know abuse is happening when it is. 

I trust guys like you and Zipplock to handle these issues. Maybe somebody shoud think about making you an Admin.

11/21/12 11:01 AM
Lasko
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe there is a thread about this. Are you thinking about killing yourself or causing pain to yourself? Is your life in a downward spiral as a result of these down votes?

Clearly op has never been bullied or he wouldn't make such an ignorant comparison. Phone Post
11/21/12 11:42 AM
6ULDV8

It's because he's being frozen without doing anything wrong, which is kind of a big deal.

11/21/12 12:31 PM
Jive Turkey

Anybody seen Richie? Huh? I'm gonna keep coming back till somebody remembers seein' Richie...

Anybody know why Richie voted down Bobby Lupo?
11/21/12 12:32 PM
Lasko
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

It's because he's being frozen without doing anything wrong, which is kind of a big deal.

Ok, so chalk it up to a shitty thing that happened. Not bullying. This is hardly the same as some jock beating some small skinny kids ass while calling him a faggot.

Seriously guys, stop being so dramatic and act like the grown ass men you supposedly are.
11/21/12 12:53 PM
6ULDV8

It's worse because unless the bully broke little dude's jaw and cut his tongue out, skinny little dude still had a voice.

Disgrazia, imo.

11/21/12 12:54 PM
fourozgloves
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One -

You the man Loopz! Phone Post
11/21/12 12:59 PM
Lasko

6ULDV8 - 

It's worse because unless the bully broke little dude's jaw and cut his tongue out, skinny little dude still had a voice.

Disgrazia, imo.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Getting the shit kicked out of you for no reason is nowhere near as bad as something that happens on the internet.

You're an idiot.
11/21/12 1:02 PM
Mdson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup. Pretty much defeats the purpose when someone votes you down, only because they disagree with your _opinion_. I don't mind it, though. :)
11/21/12 1:18 PM
WidespreadPanic

Someone said (a mod) they couldn't reveal who voted someone down for PRIVACY reasons. What? I see no privacy issues regarding who votes whom up or down. Where's the privacy issue?

Anonymous ranking is the real cause of this being a bad system. Everyone voted up or down should get an email with the thread (AT LEAST) and the name of the person doing it. 

I don't see what the site owners are concerned about. Vengeance vote down wars? Wut? We already have those. Threats? If there's a system in place engendering threats member to member it is a BAD system and should be eliminated. I think it is tantamount to cyber bullying.

11/21/12 2:18 PM
Headkick420

If i could I would vote this thread down.
11/21/12 2:29 PM
TEN10TEN
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub

11/21/12 2:36 PM
bruised
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bruised - Sorry. For the previous FRAT post. Two other points:

1) With posts that include statements like this, "just so you know that this thread is coming from a better and smarter poster than you and not just some catablasma jabroni." Can you be surprised that you are voted down?

2) What are your thoughts about two ideas to prevent abuse:

A) A timeframe (say 24 hours) for which a specific post can be voted down. This would make it so old posts aren't repeatedly voted down day after day.

B) Providing a way for members to see which comment is being voted down. That way, if someone is being voted down for a post that doesn't warrant it (e.g. Someone posts "Great fight suggestion!" and is voted down) it's apparent that they are being targeted and can ask mods for help.

What do you guys think? Phone Post
Anyone else have thoughts about my suggestions? I think this would help a lot. Phone Post
11/21/12 2:37 PM
Chimp Strength
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Headkick420 - If i could I would vote this thread down.

Exactly.  Bitches about getting voted down, says its for no reason...  Continues to post how everyone else is wrong and he's right.  I have absolutely no idea why you were frozen OP, but if this is anything to do with it, seems legit imo.

11/21/12 2:38 PM
bruised
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was also thinking it'd make sense that a person can only vote a comment down once. This would prevent a person repeatedly voting down the same comment (which defeats the point of the karma system). Phone Post
11/21/12 2:44 PM
6ULDV8

Lasko - 
6ULDV8 - 

Disgrazia, imo.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Getting the shit kicked out of you for no reason is nowhere near as bad as something that happens on the internet.

You're an idiot.

I am truly sorry you get beat up a lot and called a faggot.

That's just not fair.

11/21/12 4:16 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA - 
6ULDV8 - 

I absolutely agree.

If it remains anonymous I think people should at least have to leave a comment when they vote people down.

11/21/12 4:33 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/21/12 9:45 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Couldn't care less about the topic of discussion....

"Olive Garden Table For One" is a brilliant name, brilliant.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.