Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom O'BentOverByFitch - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Tom O'BentOverByFitch - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

We are in the same boat ABE.

I was +30's after all the Frank'sFight stuff I was doing. Now here I am and even when I have not posted for 2-3 days I come back at least 4-8 lower. I think there is a little E-Nerd group who have multiple accounts and don't like the smack downs we have laid on the Anderson haters or something.

VD should be used for fighter bashers and troll only imho.

I randomly (as in every 24 hours on the dot) vote you down...

I know Tom, I know.

I have never been rooting against BJ Penn so much in my life BTW. He is my favorite fighter of all time but I NEED him lose lol.

lol I have actually never voted you down.  I voted everyone on this thread up though.

I was playing along. I know your a good guy. :) We just don't agree on shit most of the time.

I actually honestly hope I lose our bet. I am sure you will have fun with my SN but I really want to see BJ shut Rory down and tap him out. :)

11/23/12 6:54 PM
Tom O'BentOverByFitch
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Tom O'BentOverByFitch - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Tom O'BentOverByFitch - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

We are in the same boat ABE.

I was +30's after all the Frank'sFight stuff I was doing. Now here I am and even when I have not posted for 2-3 days I come back at least 4-8 lower. I think there is a little E-Nerd group who have multiple accounts and don't like the smack downs we have laid on the Anderson haters or something.

VD should be used for fighter bashers and troll only imho.

I randomly (as in every 24 hours on the dot) vote you down...

I know Tom, I know.

I have never been rooting against BJ Penn so much in my life BTW. He is my favorite fighter of all time but I NEED him lose lol.

lol I have actually never voted you down.  I voted everyone on this thread up though.

I was playing along. I know your a good guy. :) We just don't agree on shit most of the time.

I actually honestly hope I lose our bet. I am sure you will have fun with my SN but I really want to see BJ shut Rory down and tap him out. :)

I think we both know that BJ has to win in the 1st round or he will gas and Rory will make rape with BJ's soul.

11/23/12 7:22 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^^ BJ didn't gas until round 3 vs Fitch. I say he can do it in the first 2 rounds. Not that I'm buying the "motivated" BS this time around, but he does look great physically, and he sure does hate those Tri-Star boys :)

11/23/12 7:34 PM
Tom O'BentOverByFitch
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

^^^^^ BJ didn't gas until round 3 vs Fitch. I say he can do it in the first 2 rounds. Not that I'm buying the "motivated" BS this time around, but he does look great physically, and he sure does hate those Tri-Star boys :)

Check your male.... er uh, mail.

11/28/12 11:12 PM
Neil McCauley

hes back lol. got the usual evening -3 within a couple minutes.
11/29/12 5:59 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You cannot silence the truth with vote downs.....for long

11/29/12 8:24 AM
DreamerMMA
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
ABE FROMAN - 
DreamerMMA - 

I have no idea who you emailed and can't speak for them.

I understand that you feel ignored but it's more likely that the admins want to let the system work out it's bugs rather than do away with it altogether.

I understand you think you have a stalker who is voting you down, I'll bring this up to the admins to see if they can look into it.

What exactly do you want to bring to our attention Abe?  I know you don't like the vote down/up system but I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon. 

Is your main complaint the lack of oversight on the voting system or the lack of accountability on those who abuse this system or do you just feel that everyone should be able to see who is voting them up/down and why?

Oh no, I like the voting up system quite a bit, it's just the implementation that's the problem.

Too easy to vote down without oversight, no minimum character reason field, no checks and balances regarding stalking etc. Force a reason field for votedowns and you'll force people abusing the system to give a reason why every time they do it.

The fact that there are no less than 10 threads on the OG with posters exchanging votes also presents a problem that should be handled. It's like the system was put in place and the admins expected people's  good behavior to come out. 

I don't have any special need to see who votes down, but any mod should be able to see it so that they know abuse is happening when it is. 

I trust guys like you and Zipplock to handle these issues. Maybe somebody shoud think about making you an Admin.

I agree with a lot of this. 

I like the idea of a minimum character field so people have to somewhat justify their reason for voting down.

I also hate the circle jerk vote up threads and am campaigning to have them destroyed on site.  I'd be deleting them already but am waiting for word from an admin as to wether that would be appropriate or not.  Being as it's not against the TOS I won't move on it yet but if the admins give the word I will axe those threads on site and believe me when I say I'm not the only mod who hates those threads.

I know the people who make those threads generally mean well and are tring to help their fellows out with their post count, and some could argue it's how they counter the shitty stalker trolls who vote people down daily for unjustified reasons.

IMO it's just going from one extreme to another and is not the right answer to the voting problem.

The mods do discuss this issue frequently, one idea I liked that one of them suggested was having two vote counts, one for the user and one for the actual post.  The thinking behind this being that the mods/admins and users could see where the vote downs were coming from, if someone was being picked on simply because it's the popular thing to do or if someone just consistently posts stupid shit then has to pay the piper at the end of the day.

As far as me being an admin, I doubt that would happen as I'm pretty sure 3 out of the 4 admins are owners of the site.  I'm not really sure about Sagiv Lapkin in that case, but he is the only other admin I'm aware of.

I live a gypsy lifestyle roaming from national parks to ski resorts season to season and I often have little to no reliable internet so my presense on these forums is often sporadic at best.  At this stage of my life I don't feel that I would be reliable enough to take on the responsibilities of being an admin and am more than happy to leave that to the people doing it as they do just fine with it IMO.

I'm actually pretty happy where I'm at with being a high mod.  I feel really priviledged to be able to help out on these forums as this place is pretty much the hub of the MMA world.  The admins have placed a lot of trust in me to do this job when I'm fairly unknown in the MMA world unlike some of the other mods who've played much bigger roles in this sport.

They've actually promoted me a couple of times and granted me a lot more power than I originally had when I first started modding as just a weak OG mod with no real power beyond freezing/deleting threads, deleting posts or moving threads.  At this point I'm basically one level below an admin and am in really good company with the other mods here.  I'm content with it but I do appreciate the vote of confidence Abe, it means a lot coming from a poster of your caliber.

11/29/12 8:41 AM
BruceWayne23

Olive Garden Table For One - 

This is Bobby Lupo (I too was robbed in Montreal along with Lawlor and Sakara), just so you know that this thread is coming from a better and smarter poster than you and not just some catablasma jabroni.

Almost 100% of the time, I express the correct, yet sometimes unpopular, opinion. Most dummies like being wrong and not having their beliefs challenged, so they are inclined to vote someone like me down because they can't handle the truth.

In 2 weeks I went from +26 to -17. You people are disgraceful for this actions. This is nothing more than cyber bullying, and I am the victim.

Kirik should make all the bullies vote me up and restore my good name.

Hey Bobby Lupo.

I also agree vote downs are fucking stupid. MMA dot teevee now resembles a freshman class in high school where only the retard-ly happy and cool kids get to say anything because everyone else doesn't want to attract negative attention.

Disclosure: I am retard-ly happy and very cool.
11/29/12 8:50 AM
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil McCauley - hes back lol. got the usual evening -3 within a couple minutes.

and 6 more since your post. UG is a bunch of mezza finocchios

11/29/12 8:54 AM

#ItGetsBetter

11/29/12 8:56 AM
jellyman
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1003&thread=2078920&page=1&pc=4
11/29/12 1:30 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 11/29/12 1:33 PM
DreamerMMA - I agree with a lot of this. 

I like the idea of a minimum character field so people have to somewhat justify their reason for voting down.

I also hate the circle jerk vote up threads and am campaigning to have them destroyed on site.  I'd be deleting them already but am waiting for word from an admin as to wether that would be appropriate or not.  Being as it's not against the TOS I won't move on it yet but if the admins give the word I will axe those threads on site and believe me when I say I'm not the only mod who hates those threads.

I know the people who make those threads generally mean well and are tring to help their fellows out with their post count, and some could argue it's how they counter the shitty stalker trolls who vote people down daily for unjustified reasons.

IMO it's just going from one extreme to another and is not the right answer to the voting problem.

The mods do discuss this issue frequently, one idea I liked that one of them suggested was having two vote counts, one for the user and one for the actual post.  The thinking behind this being that the mods/admins and users could see where the vote downs were coming from, if someone was being picked on simply because it's the popular thing to do or if someone just consistently posts stupid shit then has to pay the piper at the end of the day.

As far as me being an admin, I doubt that would happen as I'm pretty sure 3 out of the 4 admins are owners of the site.  I'm not really sure about Sagiv Lapkin in that case, but he is the only other admin I'm aware of.

I live a gypsy lifestyle roaming from national parks to ski resorts season to season and I often have little to no reliable internet so my presense on these forums is often sporadic at best.  At this stage of my life I don't feel that I would be reliable enough to take on the responsibilities of being an admin and am more than happy to leave that to the people doing it as they do just fine with it IMO.

I'm actually pretty happy where I'm at with being a high mod.  I feel really priviledged to be able to help out on these forums as this place is pretty much the hub of the MMA world.  The admins have placed a lot of trust in me to do this job when I'm fairly unknown in the MMA world unlike some of the other mods who've played much bigger roles in this sport.

They've actually promoted me a couple of times and granted me a lot more power than I originally had when I first started modding as just a weak OG mod with no real power beyond freezing/deleting threads, deleting posts or moving threads.  At this point I'm basically one level below an admin and am in really good company with the other mods here.  I'm content with it but I do appreciate the vote of confidence Abe, it means a lot coming from a poster of your caliber.

Yea, something should be done to get the voting system more reigned in, it's like the wild, wild west. Simple suggestions can go a long way. Forcing a 'reason' field would deter 90% of vendetta votes. Def people's vendettas and pettiness drive the system more than authentically liking or hating posts. I have gotten to the point where I just shake my head at the fact that someone spends their days waking up with an Internet chip on their shoulder, not just with my case but with Neil's, Bobby's and others. I just got my latest 3 VD's about 15 minutes ago. I can't imagine someone that emotionally disturbed and with that much time on their hands. We have some weird characters on this board.

If any of the mods besides you or Zip cared, these kinds of problems would be gone overnight.

11/29/12 3:53 PM
6ULDV8
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If we have a difference of opinion, why is that a vote down?

Protip:  It's not.

If someone's being an asshole or an ass kisser or a complete and total offensive dipshit, then vote them down.

If you think someone disagreeing with you is a valid reason to vote them down, then you're a fucktard.

Save the VTFDs for the trolls and assholes.  Don't vote down people that don't have the same favorite fighter as you.

If you do that, you're a pathetic faggot and I'd love to meet you in real life so I could punch you full in the face, hard.

So please, use your vote downs wisely, and thank you for not being bitter beta faggots that vote down shit that shouldn't be.

'Nick Diaz won the fight against Condit because even though CC maybe landed more strikes, he was backing up the whole time.  No way that ever wins a fight.'

That's OK.

'GSP is a frenchy faggot that hasn't really fought in years because he's afraid of losing.'

Not OK, VTFD

If you're still too stupid to understand and ask about these little possible loophole faggot situations that just might happen, you're gay and should jump off a bridge.

In conclusion, I should not get wasted, come home and post on the UG or OG or wherever it is I am right now.

That be all like, front page bad news.

11/30/12 6:29 AM
DreamerMMA
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

LOL^^^

11/30/12 7:43 AM
6ULDV8
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh my.  I don't even remember writing that.  Good night last night.

11/30/12 7:50 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

Oh my.  I don't even remember writing that.  Good night last night.

^ lol and VTFU for entertainment value.

11/30/12 4:39 PM

Mods, I am getting frozen like every other day. Either a mod has a hardon for me or something funky is happening with the vote down system that stinks. 

Please un-fuck this situation.

12/2/12 3:46 PM
6ULDV8

Disgrazia and grazie to Loops for being Tutto Buono.  How in the fuck to betas vote down a paisan?

He teaches you how to dress, he helps you make money with bets and he's funny as balls.  That getting insta-froze is Mama Mia Shaddupaya You face!

Mods!  Vi prego!  Fix for the Lupo!  Vi Prego!

Grazie mille Mods!  Grazie mille!

Oh, and Olive Garden Table For One for mod, as soon as he can get a dinner date!

Tavolo da giardino Olive per uno per il presidente!!

Allons Y!

12/2/12 4:13 PM

Grazie mille, cuzo, sempre migliorie. Dai cazzo UG Phone Post
12/2/12 4:31 PM
6ULDV8

Il grosso cazzo enorme UG!

12/2/12 4:31 PM

Sex chicken. Dude is hilarious Phone Post
12/2/12 10:30 PM
vaginal tear
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT. Phone Post
12/2/12 11:47 PM
BrCutter
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lupo, who did you lose the sn bet to on that one?  Jesus man.  They put a crushin on you on that one.  

12/3/12 12:00 AM
Vote me down

Bully me plz

12/3/12 2:29 AM
SpiritualElixir

What nonsense I have been off forums since yesterday afternoon I log on and see I went from -249 to -270.

The forum is low quality jealous bitches gang voting down posters test own them.

YouBet Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.