UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Ultron War - (finally) in 2013

11/20/12 9:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paw
1564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's been teased for a couple years, but now it's finally happening.

From http://comicsbeat.com/marvels-2013-event-will-be-age-of-ultron/

Their first event, at any rate. Today’s conference call was with Brian Michael Bendis, who will be writing a 10-issue event story for Marvel Now in March 2013. Age of Ultron will be split in half, with the first five issues drawn by Bryan Hitch, and the back five by Carlos Pacheco and Brandon Peterson.

A story about Ultron finally winning and taking over the world/killing everybody, the book will see a small resistance of unlikely survivors (including Hawkeye, Spider-Man and Moon Knight) trying to win back the Earth from the robotic menace. Issue #1 is going to leap straight into the takeover, with Ultron already victorious in his ambitions and the superheroes attempting to stay alive, more than anything else. This will be a book which features the entire Marvel Universe, and not – as previously thought – just the Avengers.

To emphasise that point, it was announced that several Marvel books will tie in to the event, including Fantastic Four and Spider-Man. Weirdly though, these tie-ins will exist outside their own numbering. So Superior Spider-Man’s tie-in issue will be issue 6AU – but there will also apparently still be a regular issue 6. It’ll operate like the point one books did, more or less, from what I could tell. The story will start in March and end in June.

On the art side of things, Bryan Hitch has already completed his five issues, meaning there’ll be no worries about late shipping. At the halfway point will come some kind of ‘shift’ which will allow the book to bring in Carlos Pacheco and Brandon Peterson as artists. Bendis is trying to keep things secretive – allegedly only 6 people at Marvel currently know how this book will end. He invited people in the call to try and guess, with iFanboy’s Ron Richards wondering if this might provide an entryway for Marvelman.

All went silent. A tumble-weed gently rolled past.

11/20/12 1:06 PM
HEMAN
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alternative Universe event again. HOORAY.
11/20/12 4:01 PM
matt murdock
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alternative is ok, I guess, because then they don't have to do a stupid reset.
11/20/12 4:07 PM
Alger Hiss
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOw, there's no way this could be a colossal fuckup!
11/20/12 10:00 PM
MarkRobinson
1423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alternate universe that also will hold up the monthlies? That sounds about dumb as fuck. 

I love Ultron but the new Spiderman news has got me throwing salt on everything today. 

11/22/12 7:12 PM
Liyon
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bryan Hitch's art looks good. It looks up to The Ultimates level, imo.

Don't give a shit about Pacheco or Peterson.

Why couldn't Hitch have done the whole thing?

Hell, the Ultimate Galactus trilogy should have been Ultimates Vol. 3 with Hitch doing the art. Sure, it would have taken another 4 years to finish, but who's counting at that point?!?!
11/23/12 9:36 PM
Kneeblock
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - 

Alternate universe that also will hold up the monthlies? That sounds about dumb as fuck. 

I love Ultron but the new Spiderman news has got me throwing salt on everything today. 

Come on son.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.