UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Red Dead Redemption ...

11/21/12 7:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BKViper
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr mofo -
Nexuscrawlers -

i love the game. i usually like to save before the last mission though, and screw around like that. i dont want to spoil too much, but to me, the game is less fun after you do the final mission.

You mean the REAL final mission?

Spent a good few months just doing the hunting. Great game. Phone Post
I was wondering the same thing! Does he mean the "final" mission, or the REAL final mission. Phone Post
11/21/12 8:49 PM
Nexuscrawlers
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BKViper -
Mr mofo -
Nexuscrawlers -

i love the game. i usually like to save before the last mission though, and screw around like that. i dont want to spoil too much, but to me, the game is less fun after you do the final mission.

You mean the REAL final mission?

Spent a good few months just doing the hunting. Great game. Phone Post
I was wondering the same thing! Does he mean the "final" mission, or the REAL final mission. Phone Post
What I basically mean, is that I only like to play the game as John Marsden. Phone Post
11/21/12 9:08 PM
Mikusoraiden
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John was a great lead character! Phone Post
11/22/12 3:27 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaCrippler - I'm about to start playing Red Dead Redemption on the 360. Your thoughts on the game?

Amazing game, I wrote about here like 4-5-6 months back. I went to the game store to pick up the latest UFC game and I saw RDR on sale, so I got it. Ended up playing it a WHOLE lot more.

Loved it to death, and I also loved the undead expansion thing, that was quality too.
11/22/12 4:14 PM
nrallen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

also in the minority, really didn't like this. exploration was hampered by using horses. typical rockstar mission design i find infuriating. also the control felt slow and sluggish. on ps3 the game chugged along at a terrible framerate and was difficult to play.
11/22/12 7:25 PM
Nexuscrawlers
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Exploration was hampered by using horses"

Huh? Phone Post
11/22/12 11:04 PM
Tys
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool for about an hour.
11/23/12 12:35 AM
Stache
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I played for maybe 10 hours but just couldn't get into it. Keep hoping I'm missing something though. Never really liked GTA's game engine either. I find it hard to believe people put it in their top 5. Why?
11/23/12 12:51 AM
BKViper
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stache - I played for maybe 10 hours but just couldn't get into it. Keep hoping I'm missing something though. Never really liked GTA's game engine either. I find it hard to believe people put it in their top 5. Why?
I do understand what it's like to not enjoy a game that is loved and lauded by almost every other gamer. I could not stand Fallout 3, but almost everyone I know loved it. It's just a matter of whether a game speaks to your interests. I loved RDR, but I appreciate that it's not for everyone, no game is. Phone Post
11/23/12 2:15 AM
Nexuscrawlers

Stache - I played for maybe 10 hours but just couldn't get into it. Keep hoping I'm missing something though. Never really liked GTA's game engine either. I find it hard to believe people put it in their top 5. Why?
What I love most about RDR and the GTA games was the freedom to just wander around doing whatever you want. For me, the missions in those games always come second to just screwing around. Phone Post
11/23/12 8:01 AM
Psycho j
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In minority too.

Started it 3 separate times. Couldn't get into it. I also hated GTA 4 too.
11/23/12 3:48 PM
nrallen

The horses were slow and cumbersome. I liked GTA's modes of transport. Shame it has the same, sluggish game engine and fuzzy, blurry visuals.
11/23/12 4:24 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nrallen - The horses were slow and cumbersome. I liked GTA's modes of transport. Shame it has the same, sluggish game engine and fuzzy, blurry visuals.

That's console graphics in a nutshell. But what can we do...
11/24/12 8:58 AM
bogle1
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing game would love to see them continue this franchise one day

Used to love red dead revolver

Hunting was great and so was the story any1 hunt the legendary animals? They were pretty awesome Phone Post
11/24/12 11:24 AM
flowwiththego
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShadowPM - Enjoy man, it's one of my favorite games in the last few years. Great start to finish. Phone Post
Such a good game. Under rated Phone Post
11/24/12 3:25 PM
orcus

Motivated Penn - 
nrallen - The horses were slow and cumbersome. I liked GTA's modes of transport. Shame it has the same, sluggish game engine and fuzzy, blurry visuals.

I wouldn't say the 360 version is blurry.

11/24/12 7:32 PM
Motivated Penn

orcus - 
Motivated Penn - 

I wouldn't say the 360 version is blurry.

Hmm. I googled "red dead redemption blurry" to kind of prove you wrong, but I see tons of people writing about it being blurry on the PS3 compared to the Xbox 360.

I played it on the 360. I also played GTA 4 on the 360, and I constantly, while driving/riding really fast, have to squint at the screen and I just feel the details lack crispness that I have come to expect from PC gaming.

I have a 46" full-HD TV screen. I dunno, perhaps I am sitting too far away.
11/24/12 8:07 PM
orcus

Well, of course it's not going to be as crisp as a PC game.

11/25/12 1:34 AM
Forever12er

Hunting and dice all day. Got to be legend of the west or whatever eventually when you do a certain line of side quests I think.
I'd play it right now Phone Post
12/3/12 1:21 PM
Nakedwelshman
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

See you in 6months Phone Post
12/4/12 2:56 PM
Kanabull

I bet none of you pussies were man enough to kill a grizzly bear with the knife.

I wasn't :(
12/4/12 3:00 PM
BKViper

I killed 5 grizzly's with the knife.  It was one of the acheivements.  One of the hardest.  I think I remember stabbing, then jumping on my horse and running away to heal, then going back, jump off and start stabbing again!

12/4/12 5:17 PM
Nexuscrawlers

For me, easiest way to kill the bears with the knife was to run around a tree. Once you hit it once or twice they run away a little so u can hit them again. Phone Post
12/4/12 5:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got startled pretty good, when your with the dork in glasses going up the path on the horses...and that damn bear jumps out from the bushes. Bastard chopped my body in half lol, I was frozen like that, so had to start over.

12/19/12 6:12 AM
RedDragonUK
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have the game of the year edition and I love it. War horse and assassin costume add to it. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.