UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shallow WMMA talent pool?

11/21/12 1:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Son of Neckbone
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SavageNationFan - "Baby steps"

Do not belong in the UFC. Tell yourself whatever you want but woman do not have the attributes that men have. God didn't creat women to get punched in the face. I'm not paying for it ....I won't watch it if its free.

Make it sexy grappling with some hotties and ill pay to see it.

WMMA is just low class Sloppy fighting IMO

So you don't like WMMA in any context. We get it. Move along.

The question isn't "Do you like to watch women fight." It is "Are there enough female martial artists to support a competitive weight class."

If you aren't watching any of it, even if it is free, then you have no idea that Invicta just produced quality, awesome shows top to bottom and your comments are baseless.
11/21/12 1:45 PM
Son of Neckbone
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 
Son of Neckbone - 
Billytk - Sorry but just because the 125lb mens division has no interest doesn't mean that WMMA is any better. The womans division IS way too shallow for it to go anywhere, there is Cyborg then rousey then a gap in talent then Meisha and that's it, Caranno has been retired for ever which shows how weak the division is that someone trying to defend wmma still has to use her name.

I don't think Carano is even 30 yet, and she retired as the consensus #2 in the world.

She was also scheduled to fight on the Reem/Werdum undercard in 2011 but failed her prefight physical for an undisclosed reason.

Doesn't sound like someone that "has been retired forever" and we will likely see her again, particularly if there is a huge paycheck and a fuckload of publicity for being the first WMMA main in the UFC vs someone polarizing like Rousey.

Lol @ undisclosed med reason.

That was publicity for her movie and we all know it.  If she was dying to fight again so badly she'd be doing it.  Reem/Werdum was 1.5 years ago ffs.

Not sure how failing a prefight physical and being forced to back out of a scheduled fight is good publicity.

Anything from a failed blood test or a pregnancy or other health issue could have caused it, but no one knows for sure and if it was a publicity stunt it was a shoddy one.

Yes, Reem/Werdum was 1.5 years ago, in 2011, just like I said. This is roughly the same time period that GSP, an older fighter than Carano, sat out since his last fight nursing an injury.

It is not far fetched to believe that she can continue to fight at an elite, marketable level if her movie career goes tits up.
11/21/12 2:22 PM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SavageNationFan - "Baby steps"

Do not belong in the UFC. Tell yourself whatever you want but woman do not have the attributes that men have. God didn't creat women to get punched in the face. I'm not paying for it ....I won't watch it if its free.

Make it sexy grappling with some hotties and ill pay to see it.

WMMA is just low class Sloppy fighting IMO

Your probably trolling but I'll bite.

It's too bad you have such a narrow minded view because you have been missing some good fights. Frankly I'm beginining to enjoy WMMA more than the MMA. The women just seem to bring it with a wreckless abandon on a more consistant basis than the men do. One of the things I used to love about Pride is that it seemed like putting a good show on for the fans was just as important as winning. if you fought with heart, put on a show for the fans, you would be back, and the fans would love you for it. Top tens and championship belts are great but when it comes down to it, I just like a good fight and thats the kind of heart these women show regularly.

Plenty of good talent out there to keep me entertained for a good long time IMO.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.