UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Arlovski vs Mike Hayes Booked in Russia Dec 16th

11/20/12 10:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31722/former-ufc-champ-andrei-arlovski-books-december-return-to-russia-vs-mike-hayes.mma

Six weeks after a convincing knockout victory, Andrei Arlovski (18-9-1) is set for a December return.

Arlovski will meet Mike Hayes (18-5) on Dec. 16 in Moscow in the main event of "Battle of Moscow 9" under the Fight Nights banner. The heavyweight announced the news on his Twitter account.

A native of Belarus in the former Soviet Union, Arlovski will compete in Russia for the first time since his third professional fight.

After a four-fight skid over a more than two-year stretch that included three knockouts, Arlovski now is unbeaten in his past four fights.

Arlovski earlier this month made quick work of Strikeforce vet Devin Cole (20-10-1) for a first-round TKO in the main event of World Series of Fighting 1 in Las Vegas.

Hayes is a Bellator veteran who most recently dropped a unanimous decision to D.J. Linderman at Cage Warriors 47 in June, losing his heavyweight title in the process. That loss, his second to Linderman, snapped a six-fight win streak that included a unanimous decision win over Neil Grove at Bellator 52.
11/20/12 11:08 AM
AllAmericanBoxing
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arlovski is staying active! WAR PITBULL! Phone Post
11/20/12 11:38 AM
TheRealMrBeefy

I hope he wins - it would be great to see him in the UFC again if he can get enough of a streak going.. Phone Post
11/20/12 12:03 PM
JoeMimic
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's go 300! Phone Post
11/20/12 5:58 PM
knuckleballs

Why is the shallow UFC HW division lacking Andrei? Who would not want to see Arlovski vs Big Nog?

I guess the UFC doesn't think he's worth the asking price.

That is too bad...
11/20/12 6:45 PM
JoeMimic
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knuckleballs - Why is the shallow UFC HW division lacking Andrei? Who would not want to see Arlovski vs Big Nog?

That is too bad...

I don't think it's the asking price, I think it's Arlovski/Sylvia 3.
11/21/12 2:04 AM
knuckleballs

JoeMimic - 
knuckleballs - Why is the shallow UFC HW division lacking Andrei? Who would not want to see Arlovski vs Big Nog?

That is too bad...

Didn't he break his foot in that fight early on, which was why he stopped kicking and coming forward?

He definitely left on bad terms, as Rogan was told to not let him speak after he beat O'Brian in his last match, which was cold as fuck when it happened.
11/21/12 3:46 AM
yellow wrkahlc
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another fight Arlovski wins by KO/TKO. I don't care enough to watch. Get him back in the UFC before he's old. Phone Post
11/21/12 4:09 AM
JoeMimic

knuckleballs -
JoeMimic - 

That is too bad...

Didn't he break his foot in that fight early on, which was why he stopped kicking and coming forward?

He definitely left on bad terms, as Rogan was told to not let him speak after he beat O'Brian in his last match, which was cold as fuck when it happened.
Wasn't that fight put on the un aired prelims too? Phone Post
11/21/12 6:20 AM
Nexuscrawlers
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR Arlovski

11/21/12 6:58 AM
UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG!
782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AllAmericanBoxing - Arlovski is staying active! WAR PITBULL! Phone Post
Yes! Just the fact that he's staying active and in shape means he's going to get called back to the UFC sooner than later, especially with fighters getting injured left and right. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.