UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit had a year to train for GSP

11/20/12 11:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit had almost a year to solely prepare for GSP, and it allowed him to flash Georges with a headkick and survive 5 rounds.

Will Condit ever come close to the shot again? Or has the one year 'business decision' wait for GSP mixed with the lackluster Diaz performance proven he was only interested in the Benjamins?

Did Condit even believe he could beat GSP? Phone Post
11/20/12 12:08 PM
MakeMeBleed
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you could trane a lifetime to fight a lion but once you are in there with the beast its a whole different game. Condit fought his ass off and lost to a better man that night

11/20/12 12:10 PM
suess
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wtf else would he be fighting for if not money?  what is this shit?  

11/20/12 12:17 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That picture tells the story of how difficult it is to keep the belt. 

All the credit in the world to Carlos Condit. I look forward to his next fight. 

GSP is such a force at 170 and he had a lot to prove.

11/20/12 12:21 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

Condit did better against GSP than most of GSPs other opponents - he actually had him in trouble unlike Shields, Alves, Hardy, Penn, Fitch, Kos in the recent fights.

He did seem a bit tentative, I feel like had an opportunity to finish had he been more aggressive.

I could see a rematch after a win or two. The biggest problem with that is every rematch GSP has had, he's done significantly better in the rematch. So I have a feeling that he would completely route Condit the second time around, especially considering that he was coming off a major injury and hasn't fought in almost two years.
11/20/12 12:26 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - Condit did better against GSP than most of GSPs other opponents - he actually had him in trouble unlike Shields, Alves, Hardy, Penn, Fitch, Kos in the recent fights.

He did seem a bit tentative, I feel like had an opportunity to finish had he been more aggressive.

I could see a rematch after a win or two. The biggest problem with that is every rematch GSP has had, he's done significantly better in the rematch. So I have a feeling that he would completely route Condit the second time around, especially considering that he was coming off a major injury and hasn't fought in almost two years.
Good post! Phone Post
11/20/12 12:29 PM
MarcusRenatoBrownBelt

Greg believes in "Hard work" ..... "Dedication".

He practically Saved Diego Sanchez' life from drug addiction and other illicit activities when he allowed Diego to come crawling back to his dojo after Diego's career fizzled out and Dana White was done with him. THAT - is the mark of a man with morals.
11/20/12 12:30 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's a beast, a gent, and will fight for the title again.

Do you guys even watch fights?

He took George to the brinkk and almost Ko'd him in Montreal....

Fuck me.
11/20/12 12:37 PM
UGCTT_AdamD
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheAxeMurderer84 -
suess -

Exactly, these guys don't do it for a hobby hahaha Phone Post
Ha! Phone Post
11/20/12 12:42 PM
Hikikomori

Mma fans and journalists love to hand out Orange slices and 2nd place trophies. Phone Post
11/20/12 1:01 PM
Silverball
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get all the Condit is a beast comments after a 50-45 loss, but he did fight his heart out, and never showed any sign of giving up. GSP, and this is coming from a BJ Penn fan (i.e. I don't genrally root for GSP), was coming off a 18 month layoff due to reconstructive knee surgery, and he dominated Condit, who is in the absolute prime of his career. Condit kicking GSP in the head and hurting him for a minute and a half of a 25 minute fight is being seen as a real accomplishment for Carlos, which says a lot.
11/20/12 1:12 PM
GelderdEnd

I think you need to show some respect for Carlos Condit....

I have always been critical of GSP and how his fights sometimes tend to be on the boring side, but Carlos kept coming forward and made it into an exciting fight.

I gained a lot of respect for GSP out of that fight, but also for Condit because he never stopped trying, he still beats everyone else at WW, but no one beats GSP, until Silva Phone Post
11/20/12 1:19 PM
gusto

gsp does a running double /steps over the right leg and tries to hit you

everyone "knows" how to stop those moves. actually stopping them is another story
11/20/12 1:23 PM
Leghound
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can people NOT think Condit is a beast after that performance? It's rare that GSP loses a round and rarer still that he gets wobbled. The list of who GSP has fought and beat (and typically not just beat but made look childish) is insane - hell he made BJ Penn fucking quit, which is far worse than going 50-45.

"You could trane a lifetime to fight a lion but once you are in there with the beast its a whole different game." Well said.
11/20/12 1:30 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

MarcusRenatoBrownBelt - Greg believes in "Hard work" ..... "Dedication".

He practically Saved Diego Sanchez' life from drug addiction and other illicit activities when he allowed Diego to come crawling back to his dojo after Diego's career fizzled out and Dana White was done with him. THAT - is the mark of a man with morals.

When it comes to trolling, no one is as hard working and dedicated as MarcusRenatoBrownBelt... except maybe MarcusRenatoBlackBelt.
11/20/12 1:32 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

Joshua J King - 
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - Condit did better against GSP than most of GSPs other opponents - he actually had him in trouble unlike Shields, Alves, Hardy, Penn, Fitch, Kos in the recent fights.

Condit ain't hanging it up. He'll be back and he and George's paths will cross again. Best believe. Phone Post

I do believe their paths will cross again. I also believe it won't be at all competitive the second time around, based on StPierre's history with rematches.
11/20/12 1:52 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

9 months to get ready for Georges.. to say almost a year is kinda lame cause 3 months is a long time and is usually an entire camp. He def had 9 months though. Phone Post
11/20/12 1:56 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He gave it a good go and was more effective than most. Phone Post
11/20/12 1:57 PM
Rival School

Yea a least he didn't get starched line Fitch Phone Post
11/20/12 1:57 PM
MMALOGIC

GSP won every freaking round (unless you give the 3rd to condit)... this has been the story of GSP's ww career as of late.  Who the heck wants to see another 50-45 or 49-46 GSP fight?  That's what we're in store for at welterweight folks. 

GSP/Anderson... let's do it.

11/20/12 2:07 PM
sitchpack

suess -

Why didnt Carlos fight and defend the interim instead of letting the division go stagnant for a year?

ONLY for the increased payday for fighting Georges.

Im not saying Carlos didnt fight hard, but outside of that kick Kos had a better performance in his first run.

LOL @ the defensiveness, Carlos lost legit, every round outside of perhaps the 3rd.

That is one sided, thats a beatdown. Phone Post
11/20/12 2:15 PM
suess
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack - 
suess -

Why didnt Carlos fight and defend the interim instead of letting the division go stagnant for a year?

ONLY for the increased payday for fighting Georges.

Im not saying Carlos didnt fight hard, but outside of that kick Kos had a better performance in his first run.

LOL @ the defensiveness, Carlos lost legit, every round outside of perhaps the 3rd.

That is one sided, thats a beatdown. Phone Post

he accepted the rematch with Diaz before he failed the piss test. 

the interim belts in the UFC rarely get defended, especially now.

who cares if he waited for more money?

condit was more competetive than almost every other person that GSP has fought.  

wtf is your point?  

11/20/12 3:54 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

x Anchor x - I love GSP, he's so good and his body looked excellent. Phone Post
Holy beep Phone Post
11/20/12 3:56 PM
MattyECB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

GSP won every freaking round (unless you give the 3rd to condit)... this has been the story of GSP's ww career as of late.  Who the heck wants to see another 50-45 or 49-46 GSP fight?  That's what we're in store for at welterweight folks. 

GSP/Anderson... let's do it.

I do, if a fight is exciting either way I prefer it lasts longer. Hate the build up to a huge fight like the Shogun Machida rematch, only for it to last a minute lol

I'll be happy to see that superfight, but I'm still DYING to see GSP Diaz and also think Hendricks deserves a shot. Not to mention the ton of other great contenders at WW
11/20/12 3:57 PM
MattyECB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

x Anchor x -  GSP got hurt and then spent a ton of energy scrambling to his feet and still had enough in the tank to win the rest of the round. His cardio is amazing, I don't think I've ever really seen him tired. That's the difference between being one of the all time greats like he is and guys like Shogun. Phone Post

4 complete knee reconstructions will kinda do that to a man

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.