UnderGround Forums >> Condit had a year to train for GSP

11/20/12 4:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -
sitchpack - 
suess -

wtf else would he be fighting for if not money?  what is this shit?  

Why didnt Carlos fight and defend the interim instead of letting the division go stagnant for a year?

ONLY for the increased payday for fighting Georges.

Im not saying Carlos didnt fight hard, but outside of that kick Kos had a better performance in his first run.

LOL @ the defensiveness, Carlos lost legit, every round outside of perhaps the 3rd.

That is one sided, thats a beatdown. Phone Post

he accepted the rematch with Diaz before he failed the piss test. 

the interim belts in the UFC rarely get defended, especially now.

who cares if he waited for more money?

condit was more competetive than almost every other person that GSP has fought.  

wtf is your point?  

My point is that Carlos made a decision to not fight so he could.claim more money. Mixed with the fact that he knowingly fought.a terrible fight against Diaz just to win for money.

Carlos is a legit fighter, who.has changed during his last two fights.due to not wanting lose, all for the money.

Its sad. Phone Post
11/20/12 5:43 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack -
suess -
sitchpack - 
suess -

Why didnt Carlos fight and defend the interim instead of letting the division go stagnant for a year?

Im not saying Carlos didnt fight hard, but outside of that kick Kos had a better performance in his first run.

LOL @ the defensiveness, Carlos lost legit, every round outside of perhaps the 3rd.

wtf is your point?  

My point is that Carlos made a decision to not fight so he could.claim more money. Mixed with the fact that he knowingly fought.a terrible fight against Diaz just to win for money.

Carlos is a legit fighter, who.has changed during his last two fights.due to not wanting lose, all for the money.

Its sad. Phone Post
He adapted so he could win? What a fraud! Lmao Phone Post
11/20/12 5:48 PM
sitchpack

suess -
sitchpack -
suess -
sitchpack - 
suess -

wtf is your point?  

Its sad. Phone Post
He adapted so he could win? What a fraud! Lmao Phone Post
Its called selling out and becoming a less aggressive fighter for money.

Condit sold out. Phone Post
11/20/12 5:50 PM
sitchpack

Stretch Armbar -
sitchpack -
suess -
sitchpack - 
suess -

wtf is your point?  

Its sad. Phone Post
Or, perhaps, he's a guy who has trained his entire life and wanted to prove to himself that he could accept and rise to the challenge of fighting the greatest WW or all time. High level athletes relish in a challenge. Carlos even said, "this is the fight I've been training my whole life for." He won the interim belt fair and square and part of the concession prize was a fight with GSP. I can't begrudge the man for wanting to wait. What if he fought and lost by injury or cut or some other hard-luck manner? What if he had a career ending injury and never again got his shot at GSP? This idea that he is all about the money is utter nonsense. Did he make more money waiting for GSP? Certainly. Was it his sole motivation? No way. It's asinine to think otherwise. Phone Post
So high level athletes relish taking a year off fighting, just for a singular fight which brings them a 4 fight pay day for one fight?

LOL @ your defensive, and shit logic. Phone Post
11/20/12 5:55 PM
Tilla

GSP is a stud. An all-around stud.

Other than Fedor and Royce, he is the greatest fighter of my time.

He is incredible.
11/20/12 6:40 PM
sitchpack

Stretch Armbar -
sitchpack -
Stretch Armbar -
sitchpack -
suess -
sitchpack - 
suess -

wtf is your point?  

Its sad. Phone Post
Or, perhaps, he's a guy who has trained his entire life and wanted to prove to himself that he could accept and rise to the challenge of fighting the greatest WW or all time. High level athletes relish in a challenge. Carlos even said, "this is the fight I've been training my whole life for." He won the interim belt fair and square and part of the concession prize was a fight with GSP. I can't begrudge the man for wanting to wait. What if he fought and lost by injury or cut or some other hard-luck manner? What if he had a career ending injury and never again got his shot at GSP? This idea that he is all about the money is utter nonsense. Did he make more money waiting for GSP? Certainly. Was it his sole motivation? No way. It's asinine to think otherwise. Phone Post
So high level athletes relish taking a year off fighting, just for a singular fight which brings them a 4 fight pay day for one fight?

Are you a fucking retard? Did you read what I wrote? Is English your first language?

He wanted to fight GSP because it is the single most challenging fight in his weight class. If I was him I would have waited too. It wasn't about the money; it was about the challenge. Clearly, you have never competed in any sport at a high level. The logic is simple and so are you, obviously. Phone Post
So you personally know Condit? Thats the only way you could be so convinced of his motives.

Since you do not, its really quite sad your desperate attempt to defend Condit has fallen by.the wayside.

Condit let the division stagnate, gave the finger to every fan who wanted to see him fight in the meantime, and is now counting a losing salary which could be up to two or three winning salaries just because it was a title fight.

He got there by the skin of his teeth and he knew it, he rode the division out for a year all the way to the bank.

Does it feel like your parents have told you that Santa never existed? Or are you still living in a sheltered world where professional fighters take a year out for the love of the sport.

LOL @ you. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:54 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

Professional fighters are professionals. They fight for money. It's what they do for a living, their job or "profession".

I have no idea what you do for a living sitchpack, but whatever you job may be, consider this: if you had the chance to work for 3 months and take the rest of the year off, and make more money than you would for working all year... would you work all year just because you love your fucking job so much?
11/20/12 7:12 PM
The Overseer
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack -
Stretch Armbar -
sitchpack -
Stretch Armbar -
sitchpack -
suess -
sitchpack - 
suess -

wtf is your point?  

Its sad. Phone Post

Are you a fucking retard? Did you read what I wrote? Is English your first language?

He wanted to fight GSP because it is the single most challenging fight in his weight class. If I was him I would have waited too. It wasn't about the money; it was about the challenge. Clearly, you have never competed in any sport at a high level. The logic is simple and so are you, obviously. Phone Post
So you personally know Condit? Thats the only way you could be so convinced of his motives.

Since you do not, its really quite sad your desperate attempt to defend Condit has fallen by.the wayside.

Condit let the division stagnate, gave the finger to every fan who wanted to see him fight in the meantime, and is now counting a losing salary which could be up to two or three winning salaries just because it was a title fight.

He got there by the skin of his teeth and he knew it, he rode the division out for a year all the way to the bank.

Does it feel like your parents have told you that Santa never existed? Or are you still living in a sheltered world where professional fighters take a year out for the love of the sport.

LOL @ you. Phone Post
Do YOU know Condit on a personal level? No, so how do YOU know he did it for money? Your own argument is back firing on you, not to mention you're a complete tool.
Is it so hard to believe a guy wanted a challenge? If I was Condit, I would want to fight Pierre. Not Hendricks, or Diaz, or Fitch, no. I would want to fight Pierre.

If Condit was really in it for money, he WOULD have fought again. He was a champion, so he'd get portions of the PPV, and a paycheck, not to mention bonuses.

No. He wanted a challenge and you're fucking retarded. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:31 PM
sitchpack

Calm down now Condit fanboys, just because your saviour got his ass beat doesnt mean yall need.to.run around like kids on scooters with bitch tits going crazy.

Your boy waited for a year then got whooped, LOL @ butthurt. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:36 PM
The Overseer
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack - Calm down now Condit fanboys, just because your saviour got his ass beat doesnt mean yall need.to.run around like kids on scooters with bitch tits going crazy.

I hate people like you... Phone Post
11/20/12 7:38 PM
tjmitchiscool
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit did do the best, but he did fight a timid, doubtful gsp coming off a 19 month ACL knee injury layoff... Phone Post
11/20/12 7:39 PM
sitchpack

The Overseer -
sitchpack -
Stretch Armbar -
sitchpack -
Stretch Armbar -
sitchpack -
suess -
sitchpack - 
suess -

wtf is your point?  

Its sad. Phone Post

LOL @ you. Phone Post
Do YOU know Condit on a personal level? No, so how do YOU know he did it for money? Your own argument is back firing on you, not to mention you're a complete tool.
Is it so hard to believe a guy wanted a challenge? If I was Condit, I would want to fight Pierre. Not Hendricks, or Diaz, or Fitch, no. I would want to fight Pierre.

If Condit was really in it for money, he WOULD have fought again. He was a champion, so he'd get portions of the PPV, and a paycheck, not to mention bonuses.

No. He wanted a challenge and you're fucking retarded. Phone Post
The question is rhetorical. Why even swoop in here to defend your damsel in distress?

Looks like Condit has been taking business lessons from Jackson, first rule of order for Condit is to not defend his fake belt that he won by a hair then sit about all year and get ruined by Georges.

All the while you precious fanboys bet on Condit.and bought into the hype, only to have your dreams crushed.

I know yall are mad, but look at it this way, Condit couldnt be happier with his '3 fight in one just to lose worse than Koscheck did in his first fight' paycheck :) Phone Post
11/20/12 7:40 PM
Nexuscrawlers
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't condit say he wanted to four but the UFC gave him no offers after the diaz rematch fell through? The guy gives one of the goats the toughest fights of his career and people still want to hate on Carlos. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:45 PM
sitchpack

Nexuscrawlers - Didn't condit say he wanted to four but the UFC gave him no offers after the diaz rematch fell through? The guy gives one of the goats the toughest fights of his career and people still want to hate on Carlos. Phone Post
Hate on a dude who fought a shit fight against Diaz because it was the only way he could win

Or hate on him for getting ruined in a fight he had a year to prepare.for?

How absurd ;) Phone Post
11/20/12 7:47 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit did phenomenal. He trained and prepared well and it showed.
11/20/12 7:51 PM
sitchpack

Immaculata - Condit did phenomenal. He trained and prepared well and it showed.
Carlos worked hard but.it was.nowhere near enough. Dude had.his shot and failed, maybe his post fight bank account will help with.his woes. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:52 PM
sitchpack

Stretch Armbar -
The Overseer -
sitchpack - Calm down now Condit fanboys, just because your saviour got his ass beat doesnt mean yall need.to.run around like kids on scooters with bitch tits going crazy.

You mean know-it-all teenagers? Me too. School is out for the holiday and idiots like OP decide to log on to mommy's computer and run off at the mouth. Phone Post
How intelligent, accuse everyone who disagrees with you to be a teenager. You win the internet with your glorious logic. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:58 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trollllll Phone Post
11/20/12 8:21 PM
sitchpack

Stretch Armbar -
sitchpack -
Stretch Armbar -
The Overseer -

You mean know-it-all teenagers? Me too. School is out for the holiday and idiots like OP decide to log on to mommy's computer and run off at the mouth. Phone Post
How intelligent, accuse everyone who disagrees with you to be a teenager. You win the internet with your glorious logic. Phone Post
You say things like LOL and butthurt and instead of spelling "and" you use @. There are smiley faces at the end of half your posts. There is no fucking way you are over 16. It's called deductive reasoning. You'll learn about it when you repeat your junior year... Phone Post
Cool starry bra, real intelligent deduction bra. You are a modern day Sherlock Holmes with internet profiling powers such as yours. Phone Post
11/20/12 8:26 PM
sitchpack

Stretch Armbar -
sitchpack -
Stretch Armbar -
The Overseer -

You say things like LOL and butthurt and instead of spelling "and" you use @. There are smiley faces at the end of half your posts. There is no fucking way you are over 16. It's called deductive reasoning. You'll learn about it when you repeat your junior year... Phone Post
Oh and btw Mr. internet Columbo.defending us all from supposed teenagers, @ is the symbol for 'at' not 'and'.

Case closed inspector. Phone Post
11/20/12 8:37 PM
Masakyst
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this thread is a childish cry for attention, aka troll
11/20/12 8:42 PM
choadler
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just my opinion....

I don't like Condit at Jackson's. No question GJ is successful, but Condit should move on. Its a good "personality" fit, but not a good fighting fit.

Love Carlos, but want the NBK back. Have not seen him in last 2 fights. Phone Post
11/20/12 8:44 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ring rust and status of GSP's knee aside, it kinda went pretty much as many could predict imo when analyzing their mix of striking and tds was too much for Condit and Condit is not that hard to td.
Condit is however very active off his back with sweeps, sub attempts, reverse GSP and kept GSP busy with minding those.
GSP's top position is solid as is his passing but as usual couldnt really obtain fully advantageous positions. He had some GNP but not huge.
Condit has a very diverse set of striking arsenal and is also somewhat unorthodox. He was able to catch GSP with a head kick that dropped GSP though GSP also said his eye on the side he got caught with was a bit blurry from a striker from earlier.

To think that Condit didnt believe he could beat GSP when he had a chance to finish GSP and came closest to doing so thru everyone since Matt Serra is......
11/20/12 8:57 PM
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MakeMeBleed - you could trane a lifetime to fight a lion but once you are in there with the beast its a whole different game. Condit fought his ass off and lost to a better man that night

Simply put ... Spot on Phone Post
11/20/12 9:01 PM
sitchpack

choadler - Just my opinion....

I don't like Condit at Jackson's. No question GJ is successful, but Condit should move on. Its a good "personality" fit, but not a good fighting fit.

Love Carlos, but want the NBK back. Have not seen him in last 2 fights. Phone Post
Fucking this. I want good condit, not 'mo money condit. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.