UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit had a year to train for GSP

11/20/12 9:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
suess
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cry me a river. Condit's need to win is far more important than any of your needs. And he is still entertaining as hell. Phone Post
11/20/12 9:14 PM
Caught_clean
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm OP and his double spacing...
11/20/12 9:14 PM
Idgetmyasskicked
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At first i was disappointed Condit waited to fight GSP but then I thought who can really blame him. Money is often not enough of a reason for doing things but in this case it really really is. This one fight was probably by far the biggest pay day of his carreer which makes a difference in a sport when you never know when and how things will turn out from fight to fight. This one payday was huge for him and his family. I can NOT blame him even if he waited solely for the money and no other reason.
11/20/12 9:19 PM
Masakyst
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carlos accepted a rematch with Nick Diaz, but Diaz went and got himself suspended for a year.

So then Carlos called out Kampmann for a rematch, but the UFC never followed up to put that fight together.

So can we stop with the lies that Carlos refused to fight anyone for a year?

11/21/12 4:58 AM
Advocation
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ stretch armbar getting owned like an illiterate child! 

Ty sitchpack, very much enjoyed this thread, seems they still bite like bloated carp.

11/21/12 9:10 AM
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masakyst - Carlos accepted a rematch with Nick Diaz, but Diaz went and got himself suspended for a year.

So then Carlos called out Kampmann for a rematch, but the UFC never followed up to put that fight together.

So can we stop with the lies that Carlos refused to fight anyone for a year?

He refused to fight anyone for a year, ill post links to sources after work. Phone Post
11/21/12 9:39 AM
sacredhate
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wtf is happening on this thread?

Condit gave us the most exciting battle for a WW title we've seen in a while. GSP took control but Condit didn't wilt and go into "don't get finished mode" like many others have.

He was aggressive from the bottom for all 5 rounds.

Why are we questioning his motives, spirit, budo or whatever else.

He wanted to be champ, and made decisions that were in line with maximizing his opportunity to do so. From what I've seen he's never been anything but an exciting fighter and a respectable man.

It's not like the UFC was lacking drama or exciting fights and i don't remember Dana crying about Condit's plan. This questioning of motives, and challenging of Condit's character just seems incredibly petty.
11/21/12 2:12 PM
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sacredhate - wtf is happening on this thread?

Condit gave us the most exciting battle for a WW title we've seen in a while. GSP took control but Condit didn't wilt and go into "don't get finished mode" like many others have.

He was aggressive from the bottom for all 5 rounds.

Why are we questioning his motives, spirit, budo or whatever else.

He wanted to be champ, and made decisions that were in line with maximizing his opportunity to do so. From what I've seen he's never been anything but an exciting fighter and a respectable man.

It's not like the UFC was lacking drama or exciting fights and i don't remember Dana crying about Condit's plan. This questioning of motives, and challenging of Condit's character just seems incredibly petty.
Not questioning how.hard.he worked, just questioning whether taking the year out to focus on GSP and then getting dominated was a good career decision. Def was a good decision for.his bank.account, not sure.about how he is going to fare in the division now that he doesnt look for the finish.as much.against elite dudes. Phone Post
11/21/12 2:30 PM
suess
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he did awesome against the best WW on the planet.  i'm sure he'll be just fine.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.