UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Funny things I see at the gym

12/4/12 9:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Self-reliance was a big part of my upbringing, maybe that's not the case in the Cuba/Soviet Union (?)
12/4/12 9:48 PM
None So Blind
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

molsonman - 
Invisible Lats Syndrome - 
Maybe it's a generational thing or just a part of Obama's America, but I'm not going to impose myself onto other people if I can avoid it.

Asking for a spot is someone imposing their will on you? Wow.

I'm not American, I just come from a place where people are happy to help others. I guess you were not brought up that way.

Well, being helpful is cool, but asking a random scrawny kid to do something that the average scrawny kid does not know (lifting and spotting etiquette) is not too bright, and it's especially not cool to assault him afterwards when he unsurprisingly fucks up.

Personally, I have no problem with anyone in my gym, but I wouldn't trust a single one of them to spot me on a bench, either ;-)

Either do it with someone you know well and who knows what's up, or else use safety bars/pins...problem solved, and no one had to bring politics or personal attacks into it.
12/4/12 11:54 PM
scubalou83
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have worked out at the same Ymca for the past 12 years and in the last year alone I have seen some one fall asleep on an incline bench for a half hour , wake up and leave never to be seen again.( have a pic of my buddy crouching next to him giving a thumbs up) I have walked into the boxing room turned the light on and found a janitor sleeping. I have had an elderly woman ask me not to kick my feet while swimming near her since she didn't want to get her hair wet. And the grand finale I was in the hot tub in my private locker room and a gentleman walks in and proceeds to sit down directly across from me on the edge of the jacuzzi with just his feet in whole reading a news paper naked. This assholes cock was just swinging in my face while he read his paper without a care in the world. Phone Post
12/5/12 12:49 AM
ravenman2000
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/05/12 12:49 AM
scubalou83 -  have a pic of my buddy crouching next to him giving a thumbs up)

Let's see!

12/5/12 2:31 AM
Leigh
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't mind spotting anyone but I do understand the point of planning a workout that requires you to bother other people. Phone Post
12/5/12 12:25 PM
Tilla

People who Squat in the Curling Rack.

God that's so annoying.
12/5/12 4:19 PM
scubalou83
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ravenman2000 -

Let's see!

Can I email the photo and someone post it? Phone Post
12/5/12 6:31 PM
ravenman2000
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scubalou83 - 
ravenman2000 -

Let's see!

Can I email the photo and someone post it? Phone Post

If you upload it to photbucket or something similar, post the link to the photo in this thread and then I or some other blue namer will put it in the thread.

12/5/12 8:46 PM
scubalou83

http://instagr.am/p/S4Ifc6xO8F/ Phone Post
12/5/12 10:40 PM
ravenman2000

scubalou83 -  http://instagr.am/p/S4Ifc6xO8F/ Phone Post

12/5/12 11:18 PM
scubalou83

ravenman2000 -
scubalou83 -  http://instagr.am/p/S4Ifc6xO8F/ Phone Post

Thanks.. Phone Post
12/6/12 12:00 AM
Chocolate Shatner
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey man, you guys have Hammer Strength equipment? Nice.
12/6/12 4:05 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Can't believe people would get upset if someone asks for a spot. I'm more than happy to help out my fellow gym patrons. Phone Post
12/6/12 9:44 AM
LordSeano
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always ask an instructor for a spot and get a proper spot most times as Ive had the guy that pulls it up out of your hands on every rep before.

Today there was an indian guy at teh gym and my back hurt from watching him.

He was doing an exercise I can only describe as follows, picking a dumbell off the floor, standing up straight and then pressing it one handed.

However at the point he picked the dumbell up he was a perfect upside down U - straight legs, horribly rounded back. It looked horrendous for his back, especially as he was doing it one sided with dumbells.
12/6/12 11:27 AM
HUMBLED1
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any guys wearing leotards with ILS make me laugh...but there was this one guy on the elliptical the other day who was playing a wicked set of air drums randomly hahahahah. It was funny .I think I kept hearing him talk about the carls jr commercial, with the dripping bbq sauce greasy burger and how it was wrong to watch that while working out hahah

12/6/12 9:29 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

HUMBLED1 - 

Any guys wearing leotards with ILS make me laugh...but there was this one guy on the elliptical the other day who was playing a wicked set of air drums randomly hahahahah. It was funny .I think I kept hearing him talk about the carls jr commercial, with the dripping bbq sauce greasy burger and how it was wrong to watch that while working out hahah

They're alright guys once you get to know them. I have them with me if I need a spot.
12/7/12 11:45 AM
DrMcTeepyourface
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have this scrawny chavvy guy who works out at the YMCA I go to. Whenever he's there and my friend and I are lifting heavy he insists on coming over, standing next to us with his hood up and shadow boxes, terribly I might add. He started talking to us one time and told us he can't lift heavy because he doesn't want to get too big as he's a professional boxer......Maybe feels like he has something to prove, or just a weirdo.

I don't care what other people do or lift in the gym when I'm there and would be nice to be left alone by everyone else in return.
12/8/12 1:39 AM
Chael Sonnen Money
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.