UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sara McMann: "All I know is me to the UFC is...

11/20/12 5:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crowbar
776 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sara McMann vs Sara Kaufman winner fights Ronda for the strap.

11/20/12 5:10 PM
World Peace's Left Elbow
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Which do you guys see as more likely...

Zuffa buying Invicta or the UFC co-promoting with them? Phone Post
11/20/12 5:14 PM
crowbar
776 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At this point....probably co-promoting.Dana has an ok relationship with Shannon.

11/20/12 5:18 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

aren't they close/family friends ?

11/20/12 5:45 PM
Fernando Alonso
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -

At this point....probably co-promoting.Dana has an ok relationship with Shannon.

I don't see the UFC co-promoting with Invicta. SF didn't and just used each others fighters. The UFC can pretty much hand pick whoever they want to fight for them. Phone Post
11/20/12 5:49 PM
Fernando Alonso
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -

I don't see the UFC co-promoting with Invicta. SF didn't and just used each others fighters. The UFC can pretty much hand pick whoever they want to fight for them. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:02 PM
Nexuscrawlers
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fernando Alonso -
crowbar -

The UFC will have to copromote or buy out Invicta. Otherwise they would have to add a lot of female fighters to keep the ones they have active. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:03 PM
Nexuscrawlers
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom -
BrCutter - Yeah I agree Cyrille. Loads more now from 105 to 125. Phone Post
Exactly. The 115 and 105ers are nuts. Nicdali is fucking gorgeous and fights like prime old vitor. Phone Post
I don't get the obsession with 135/145 women's. Imo, 105 and 115 are where all the talent and excitement are. Phone Post
11/20/12 9:54 PM
World Peace's Left Elbow
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet a talent exchange happens. Phone Post
11/20/12 9:59 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
World Peace's Left Elbow - Which do you guys see as more likely...

Zuffa buying Invicta or the UFC co-promoting with them? Phone Post
I don't see "co-promoting" happening, and I don't see Shan selling for cheap, should be some good times ahead for Women's MMA! Phone Post
11/20/12 10:13 PM
Chromium
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see Shannon Knapp selling, but maybe she might be okay with Zuffa buying a minority stake in them.

This would make talent-sharing very, very smooth and help open a lot of doors for Invicta as far as marketing. Invicta would also be able to continue to develop the various divisions until the UFC adds them (including W145 I suppose, which is becoming a wasteland yet still necessary at this point imo).
11/20/12 11:45 PM
shootfightermike
842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 

100%

yes

11/21/12 8:06 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
11/21/12 8:55 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - 
Exactly. The 115 and 105ers are nuts. Nicdali is fucking gorgeous and fights like prime old vitor. Phone Post

The good thing  about the progression of wmma has been getting women fighters fights at their real fight weight.  They've all fought many fights way above their own weight class, sometimes 2 weight classes to just get fights.  

I mean, even look at Shayna for example and many of the 135 women.  Shayne still got a shot at Cyborg at 145 and took, but seriously, she's a 135'er (very toned,tight, solid).  

How's everybody's local circuit for wmma?  Is there at least a fight on most cards, maybe 2?  or is local and regional pretty flat in those terms?  We're still doing maybe one wmma fight a show around here, but I would say the quality has moved up a little.  

11/21/12 9:37 AM
Cyril Jeff

BrCutter - 
Ryann Von Doom - 

The good thing  about the progression of wmma has been getting women fighters fights at their real fight weight.  They've all fought many fights way above their own weight class, sometimes 2 weight classes to just get fights.  

I mean, even look at Shayna for example and many of the 135 women.  Shayne still got a shot at Cyborg at 145 and took, but seriously, she's a 135'er (very toned,tight, solid).  

How's everybody's local circuit for wmma?  Is there at least a fight on most cards, maybe 2?  or is local and regional pretty flat in those terms?  We're still doing maybe one wmma fight a show around here, but I would say the quality has moved up a little.  

there is obviously fewer women fighting, but I believe the ones that do are training with guys who are at a high level.

might sound strange, but I think that even though there are not as many, their level is higher than the lack of participants should actually dictate...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.