UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> why is ufc so hell bent on forcing GSP/silva?

11/20/12 4:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

".its not a safe assumption to make that if anderson destroys gsp in rich franklin like fashion that gsp will ever be the same"

By the way, another counter to this: Before getting wrecked by Anderson, Franklin's biggest career wins were Evan Tanner and Ken Shamrock. After getting wrecked, he beat Okami, Liddell, Wanderlei x2, and many think he deserved the decision over Hendo. Not much of a career collapse if you ask me.

first, its not just one guy, anderson has made a career of ruining lives...second, ace's record before and after is indisputable, no matter how u try to spin it..and we know that guys like lidell and wanderlei were destroyed from ALL OF THE DAMAGE THEY TOOK IN THEIR CAREERs by the time they fought ace and okami was andersonned as well...

11/20/12 4:09 PM
BaraoKix

Ive said it before but its now 100%...

Forbes: UFC lost 38%/$760M of it's value in 2012
by mmaisbetterthancorn
11/20/12 5:32 PM
knuckleballs

Edited: 11/20/12 5:38 PM
A superfight to me entails that two great fighters are going to fight and that it is two opponents who are so great and evenly matched that the hype is warranted.

GSP vs Anderson is not a superfight under this definition.

Fedor vs Crocop = superfight
Sakuraba vs Royce= superfight
Couture vs Liddel 1,2 & 3= superfight
GSP vs Hughes 2= superfight
(Wanderlai vs Liddel would have been, if it had happened two to three years before it actually did)

I don't want to see the fight because i don't think that GSP has much of a shot. I think weidman has a much better shot, which is why i want to see Weidman fight Silva.

BUT! All this changes if Silva could make 170. Then it would be a fair fight and a superfight for the ages...
11/20/12 5:47 PM
redeye2000

highest ppv shows how stupid mma fans are now.

who cares about this match up? another boring fight?

anderson can be very boring as well. or did anyone forget his fights against maia and patrick. boring boring boring.
does anderson silva puts pressure in his fights? no he always runs away then counterpunch or kick.

dana himself is complaining fighters dont take fights. well in pride that never happened. people at lightheavy weight fought heavy weights and no one was complaining.

maybe dana should take a hardlook and kick out 90% of the people that dont fight to finnish.

keep guys like hommick and his last opponent and hendricks. now those guys are fighters. they dont come to play nice. they fight.

that is what iw ant to see. win or lose i dont fucking care. fight !

11/20/12 6:02 PM
BaraoKix

^ You are a complete tool
11/20/12 6:02 PM
MisterFixit
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont care to see this fight. I'd rather see GSP/Diaz and Silva/Jones.
11/20/12 6:32 PM
jaytrainwreck
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope the fight happens, I have been wanting to see it happen for awhile. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:07 PM
Mattefrost
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly don't want to see this fight.

Still plenty left for both of them in there own division . I don't think it makes sense to make a loser out of one of your most dominant champions for a single ppv. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:31 PM
cdmontgo
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

easedel - 
cdmontgo - And there is a lot less risk in GSP/Silva than Silva/Jones for the UFC. If Silva wins they are left with the GOAT which is nearing the end of his career and an investment who just got beat by a smaller man who was nearing retirement.

GSP/Silva are two guys nearing retirement. Let them bang, bro!

GSP nearing retirement? WTF?

I hope GSP doesn't take this fight. He has zero reason to do it.

Did you miss all of the talk about how he doesn't want to fight anymore?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.