UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Where does Mauro go now?

11/20/12 3:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the ridler
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With no strikeforce, does he go to the wsof and be back with Bas again? Idont think the UFC has anything for him. Anybody know or care? I know he gets hate but I think he does a good job.
11/20/12 3:08 PM
6ULDV8
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always been one of his haters, but think he's improved quite a bit.  Not sure where he goes though.

11/20/12 3:09 PM
caposa
1764 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I assume he'll still work for Showtime doing boxing commentary. He has actually been doing a pretty decent job. Phone Post
11/20/12 3:12 PM
stickman
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he does a lot of smaller shows, like the Score Fighting Series, and Invicta, etc. He'll prolly continue with that, as well as the aforementioned Showtime Boxing.
11/20/12 3:13 PM
Joe_Drogan420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take Anik's spot?
11/20/12 3:16 PM
Drunkenirishfc
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe_Drogan420 - Take Anik's spot?
Honestly wouldn't mind that Phone Post
11/20/12 3:17 PM
SpiritualElixir

Mauro is fucking awesome, fuck the haters.  It's the same assholes who bitch about Goldie.  Both do a good job.  Play by play is a tough gig, I would love for the armchair qb's to be doing it live.  They would fuck up royally.

Personally I would love for Mauro to take Anik's spot.  And for Anik to take Ariel's spot.  And for Ariel to bring coffee to Anik lol.

Maruo has the charisma Anik dont, Mauro and Kenny would be a great team on those free cards.

Who is with me?

11/20/12 3:17 PM
Joe_Drogan420

The fuel/fx broadcasts are missing some emotion/excitement.
11/20/12 3:18 PM
MarcusRenatoBrownBelt

i definitely see UFC replacing either Joe or Goldie with Mauro's talents after his Strikeforce contract is "officially up"
11/20/12 3:19 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 3:20 PM

I honestly don't like his style that much, but I would feel bad if he didn't get another good job.. he knows MMA, but when he talks I feel like a gimmicky salesmen is trying to sell me something. A good guy though.. after a couple of beers I would tell him the same thing to his face and hope we were cool. haha

edit: I said "i don't like him" but that's a lie.. 

11/20/12 3:28 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see him being in the UFC. Showtime probably picks up some other promotion and continues to use Mauro and Shamrock Phone Post
11/20/12 3:30 PM
jTheHybridwolff
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Home Phone Post
11/20/12 3:35 PM
WatchinMMA

Don't care lol Phone Post
11/20/12 3:38 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SpiritualElixir -

Mauro is fucking awesome, fuck the haters.  It's the same assholes who bitch about Goldie.  Both do a good job.  Play by play is a tough gig, I would love for the armchair qb's to be doing it live.  They would fuck up royally.

Personally I would love for Mauro to take Anik's spot.  And for Anik to take Ariel's spot.  And for Ariel to bring coffee to Anik lol.

Maruo has the charisma Anik dont, Mauro and Kenny would be a great team on those free cards.

Who is with me?

This. He is what the fox network shows are missing. He would add passion as rogan does at the ppv events. Give anik post fight interviews, his commentary is awful. Phone Post
11/20/12 3:38 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcusRenatoBrownBelt - i definitely see UFC replacing either Joe or Goldie with Mauro's talents after his Strikeforce contract is "officially up"
No. Fake voice Mauro is cringe worthy. Phone Post
11/20/12 3:40 PM
JoeMimic
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back to Japan where the competition is easier... Wait what? Phone Post
11/20/12 3:41 PM
roperninja
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Away Phone Post
11/20/12 3:44 PM
Caleb R
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully Ill never have to hear him speak ever again. Phone Post
11/20/12 3:45 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the IDEA of liking Mauro

11/20/12 3:45 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also like the IDEA of dividing by zero

11/20/12 3:51 PM
2JupitersTooMany

But seriously, I'll tell my little girl that we took him to a nice commentator farm with lots of fresh air and room to walk around barking quirky scripted lines about nuclear weapons and poles.

11/20/12 3:52 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany -

I also like the IDEA of dividing by zero

Lol Phone Post
11/20/12 3:55 PM
Beastro

Goldie and Mauro = Event muted.
11/20/12 4:02 PM
Neil McCauley

mauro is unbelievably talented and will find great success in anything he does.
11/20/12 4:33 PM
Kings21
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SpiritualElixir - 

Who is with me?

Just because Play by Plan is a tough gig doesn't mean we can't hope for someone thats good at it. Yea Goldie does a good job with telling us about whatever dumb sponsor is being forced into our ears while two fighters are slugging it out (often right as one gets rocked. Multiple times fights have been stopped as Goldie has been doing his sponsor crap. I dont mind the sponsor crap its just always bad timing) or telling us about future UFC events. He also is good at filling dead air but really some dead air during a fight is nice once in a while.

For a guy thats been doing his job for as long as he has, he has a serious lack for the technical aspect of the sport and hes been spouting the same key phrases for many years. Did you know that when a guy lands a leg kick and you just hear a thud rather than a slap then its a good, solid kick but when its a loud slap it wasnt a good kick? And thats not just once per event. He'll say that shit every fight if someone throws a leg kick.

The guy is a broken record. Hes god a good voice for the booth but he appears to not have learned anything over the years.

His job can't be that hard when you have many professional play by play guys in other sports that do a great job AND know their shit. Hell just using hockey as an example, the play by play guy not only knows a ton about the sport but he has to memorize every players name AND jersey number...including opposing team players, some that only visit once or twice a year. They also are able to tell us about sponsors, upcoming events, etc.

Saying the job is hard doesn't mean Goldie (and Mauro..who i dont think is all that bad, he just sounds awful) should get a free pass to suck.

Just cause I'm an armchair qb doesn't mean that I cant tell that one person is not on par with his professional peers.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.