UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Where does Mauro go now?

11/20/12 4:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1800champagne
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He goes to the peninsula south of the equator. Phone Post
11/20/12 4:47 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

he worked a boxing card for Showtime that I saw a bit back and KILLED imo...

11/20/12 5:32 PM
jaytrainwreck
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the ridler - With no strikeforce, does he go to the wsof and be back with Bas again? Idont think the UFC has anything for him. Anybody know or care? I know he gets hate but I think he does a good job.

Mauro has been comentating for Showtime boxing events.

11/20/12 5:35 PM
Sardinian pride

I like Mauro and I wouldn't mind see him in UFC.. Phone Post
11/20/12 5:37 PM
And Wagners Cut

A shrink? Phone Post
11/20/12 5:39 PM
Poop Doodle
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Sometimes these things happen in mergers and acquisitions."
11/20/12 5:41 PM
Masakyst
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give him a seat in between Anik and Florian
11/20/12 5:43 PM
BIGLuke

A nice guy from what I hear, but absolutely hideous delivery. Makes me wish I was deaf, every single time. Work the wrestling circuit, Mauro. You'll fit right in.
11/20/12 5:44 PM
Don_Dada
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fan of Mauro!!! get this man a job.
11/20/12 5:52 PM
Forrest Spliffn

Mauro > Goldberg

All day every day.

Goldberg is flat out one of the worst announcers in any sport. Phone Post
11/20/12 5:52 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

I've always been one of his haters, but think he's improved quite a bit.  Not sure where he goes though.

For real?
I liked him much better when he was in Pride. He has been on the downslide.
11/20/12 6:00 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - 

But seriously, I'll tell my little girl that we took him to a nice commentator farm with lots of fresh air and room to walk around barking quirky scripted lines about nuclear weapons and poles.

11/20/12 6:11 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should replace Anik who's fucking terrible. Mauro, Miletich, and Florian for FX and Fuel. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:31 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KevinMcAllister - 
2JupitersTooMany - 

But seriously, I'll tell my little girl that we took him to a nice commentator farm with lots of fresh air and room to walk around barking quirky scripted lines about nuclear weapons and poles.

Jesus. That gif alone should keep him from working for the UFC. I can only imagine wtf was going through Jakes mind at that moment.
11/20/12 7:41 PM
cheesesteak
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I

11/20/12 7:46 PM
6ULDV8

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - 
6ULDV8 - 

I've always been one of his haters, but think he's improved quite a bit.  Not sure where he goes though.

For real?
I liked him much better when he was in Pride. He has been on the downslide.

Yeah for real.  Right after I saw the first Pride where he replaced Quadros I wrote to them and explained that they had made a huge mistake.

They didn't listen and look what happened to them.

11/20/12 7:47 PM
6ULDV8

I've always thought Goldie was nice to listen to though.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.

11/20/12 7:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
895 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's doing a great job with Showtime Boxing.

11/20/12 7:51 PM
Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 -
SpiritualElixir - 

Mauro is fucking awesome, fuck the haters.  It's the same assholes who bitch about Goldie.  Both do a good job.  Play by play is a tough gig, I would love for the armchair qb's to be doing it live.  They would fuck up royally.

Personally I would love for Mauro to take Anik's spot.  And for Anik to take Ariel's spot.  And for Ariel to bring coffee to Anik lol.

Maruo has the charisma Anik dont, Mauro and Kenny would be a great team on those free cards.

Who is with me?

Just because Play by Plan is a tough gig doesn't mean we can't hope for someone thats good at it. Yea Goldie does a good job with telling us about whatever dumb sponsor is being forced into our ears while two fighters are slugging it out (often right as one gets rocked. Multiple times fights have been stopped as Goldie has been doing his sponsor crap. I dont mind the sponsor crap its just always bad timing) or telling us about future UFC events. He also is good at filling dead air but really some dead air during a fight is nice once in a while.

For a guy thats been doing his job for as long as he has, he has a serious lack for the technical aspect of the sport and hes been spouting the same key phrases for many years. Did you know that when a guy lands a leg kick and you just hear a thud rather than a slap then its a good, solid kick but when its a loud slap it wasnt a good kick? And thats not just once per event. He'll say that shit every fight if someone throws a leg kick.

The guy is a broken record. Hes god a good voice for the booth but he appears to not have learned anything over the years.

His job can't be that hard when you have many professional play by play guys in other sports that do a great job AND know their shit. Hell just using hockey as an example, the play by play guy not only knows a ton about the sport but he has to memorize every players name AND jersey number...including opposing team players, some that only visit once or twice a year. They also are able to tell us about sponsors, upcoming events, etc.

Saying the job is hard doesn't mean Goldie (and Mauro..who i dont think is all that bad, he just sounds awful) should get a free pass to suck.

Just cause I'm an armchair qb doesn't mean that I cant tell that one person is not on par with his professional peers.
If there were tons of people better than these guys then I would agree that they suck, but since there aren't I will have to say they are some of the best in the biz. You can name one or two people you prefer but that is all because there is no one else that can do it as well. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:53 PM
Chris27

I hope to hell the UFC doesnt bring him in, dont think they will. He is terrible. LOL people think cause he screams some nonsense he is good, oh he yells so he is good.

He will stay with Showtime and maybe do another Showtime mma org or he will do little minor league orgs. He'll get work, it wont be the high profile number 2 mma org like he had with SF but he will find work.
11/20/12 7:54 PM
Delightone
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dream/glory together with bas rutten Phone Post
11/20/12 7:54 PM
gabemadrid
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drunkenirishfc -
Joe_Drogan420 - Take Anik's spot?
Honestly wouldn't mind that Phone Post
This! Phone Post
11/20/12 8:00 PM
caposa
1582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 8:00 PM

I repeat, he is likely staying with Showtime. He still does Boxing commentary for them and does a pretty damn good job. I cannot stand Mauro's voice but no one can deny that there are FEW play-by-play guys in MMA who actually know the sport and actually do real PBP. He has noticably toned down the "proverbial" bullshit and the puns. If he was to replace Anik I honestly would not mind one bit, but I don't know if his voice is what Zuffa is looking for.

11/20/12 8:10 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III - 
Kings21 -
SpiritualElixir - 

Mauro is fucking awesome, fuck the haters.  It's the same assholes who bitch about Goldie.  Both do a good job.  Play by play is a tough gig, I would love for the armchair qb's to be doing it live.  They would fuck up royally.

Personally I would love for Mauro to take Anik's spot.  And for Anik to take Ariel's spot.  And for Ariel to bring coffee to Anik lol.

Maruo has the charisma Anik dont, Mauro and Kenny would be a great team on those free cards.

Who is with me?

Just because Play by Plan is a tough gig doesn't mean we can't hope for someone thats good at it. Yea Goldie does a good job with telling us about whatever dumb sponsor is being forced into our ears while two fighters are slugging it out (often right as one gets rocked. Multiple times fights have been stopped as Goldie has been doing his sponsor crap. I dont mind the sponsor crap its just always bad timing) or telling us about future UFC events. He also is good at filling dead air but really some dead air during a fight is nice once in a while.

For a guy thats been doing his job for as long as he has, he has a serious lack for the technical aspect of the sport and hes been spouting the same key phrases for many years. Did you know that when a guy lands a leg kick and you just hear a thud rather than a slap then its a good, solid kick but when its a loud slap it wasnt a good kick? And thats not just once per event. He'll say that shit every fight if someone throws a leg kick.

The guy is a broken record. Hes god a good voice for the booth but he appears to not have learned anything over the years.

His job can't be that hard when you have many professional play by play guys in other sports that do a great job AND know their shit. Hell just using hockey as an example, the play by play guy not only knows a ton about the sport but he has to memorize every players name AND jersey number...including opposing team players, some that only visit once or twice a year. They also are able to tell us about sponsors, upcoming events, etc.

Saying the job is hard doesn't mean Goldie (and Mauro..who i dont think is all that bad, he just sounds awful) should get a free pass to suck.

Just cause I'm an armchair qb doesn't mean that I cant tell that one person is not on par with his professional peers.
If there were tons of people better than these guys then I would agree that they suck, but since there aren't I will have to say they are some of the best in the biz. You can name one or two people you prefer but that is all because there is no one else that can do it as well. Phone Post

My point is that sports teams in various sports are able to find pbp commentators that dont sound like they just picked up the sport last wednesday. Just in MMA off the top of my head you have Michael Schiavello, Pat Militech, Mauro (who like ive said can be annoying but he at least knows his stuff), and I'm blanking on the name but the dude that does Bellator..both of them actually. Then theres people that are unknown doing whatever jobs they can get. I can't accept the idea that Goldie is the best there could be and that theres no one else that could do his job just as well AND learn a few things about the sport along the way.

Theres always someone else. If you think that Goldie is as good as it can get then I feel sorry for you that you standards are so low.

Zuffa is loyal to a fault regarding people that have been their since they started.
11/20/12 8:23 PM
Chris27

Kings21 - 
Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III - 
Kings21 -
SpiritualElixir - 

Who is with me?

My point is that sports teams in various sports are able to find pbp commentators that dont sound like they just picked up the sport last wednesday. Just in MMA off the top of my head you have Michael Schiavello, Pat Militech, Mauro (who like ive said can be annoying but he at least knows his stuff), and I'm blanking on the name but the dude that does Bellator..both of them actually. Then theres people that are unknown doing whatever jobs they can get. I can't accept the idea that Goldie is the best there could be and that theres no one else that could do his job just as well AND learn a few things about the sport along the way.

Theres always someone else. If you think that Goldie is as good as it can get then I feel sorry for you that you standards are so low.

Zuffa is loyal to a fault regarding people that have been their since they started.

Mauro is too loud and animated, Voice is corny with his one liners, Isnt Pat color like Rogan not PBP. Sean Wheelock I think his name is from Bellator is solid.

I dont mind Anik/Florian, I think Anik needs time and he can get better.

Personally I think Anik would be best at the desk. I'd use him as the main desk guy for Fox shows, or running the pre/post fight desk with some fighters like Florian, Stann, Sonnen, Rashad, Randy etc.

He is good on Ultimate Insider. He was excellent on MMA Live, they should use him in that role, he should be hosting UFC Tonight show on Fuel. I think thats where he is best but they will continue to give him and Florian a shot and see how it goes.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.