UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Borderlands 2 DLC, Mr Torgue

11/20/12 4:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigWilliam
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Borderlands released the second DLC today, was this some kind of stealth release? I don't rememeber seeing anything about it ahead of time.

Again no level cap increase, and it is mostly an arena style one similiar to Mad Moxxi's.

They need to pick it up on the next two.
11/20/12 7:09 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm loving this dlc. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:51 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And once you play more, you'll see it's actually nothing like Moxxi's.

Plus the fact you can now BUY random legendary weapons and random heads from vending machines is damn awesome. Torgue is funny as fuck too.

11/20/12 9:30 PM
LittleKang
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im.still waiting on dragon born dlc for skyrim Phone Post
11/20/12 10:29 PM
BigWilliam
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am liking it more now that I am further in, it is funny. But am still disappointed that the level cap did not increase.
11/20/12 11:18 PM
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont care that much for this dlc...i hate that they didnt raise the level cap..im lvl 50 with all chars and have lvl 50 legendaries and the torgue weapons in the dlc only are lvl 48 and u need to buy them with torgue 'tokens' u pick up by beating enemies...it will take me a long time just to save up enough tokens to buy 1 weapon that isnt much different than the weapons i already have...wtf

i dunno, i was epecting more..
11/21/12 12:52 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

Edited: 11/21/12 12:56 AM
Bry Bry - i dont care that much for this dlc...i hate that they didnt raise the level cap..im lvl 50 with all chars and have lvl 50 legendaries and the torgue weapons in the dlc only are lvl 48 and u need to buy them with torgue 'tokens' u pick up by beating enemies...it will take me a long time just to save up enough tokens to buy 1 weapon that isnt much different than the weapons i already have...wtf

i dunno, i was epecting more..

I definitely don't like the coins thing. You need about 650 to buy 1 legendary weapon and I played through the whole thing and now have 250 coins??? That's stupid. And all the legendaries are torgue and lvl 48....

But the whole story and feel is a huge step up from the last DLC. And also remember that the first Bordelands didn't have level increase until the 3rd DLC. But jesus they need to do something with eridium......I'm sick of it and i don't need it.

11/21/12 10:39 AM
BigWilliam

Yeah hard to believe how much eridium drops in the DLC, thanks guys I was running out...

The difficulty curve in the boss fights is a little wonky. The first three are easy as fuck and the last one was fucking hard as hell.
11/21/12 11:28 AM
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah eridium is pointless..they need to give you some reason to keep collecting it..have some type of shop where you can go in and customize your own weapon..it would cost you hundreds of eridium but you could create a powerful weapon on par with legendaries...
11/22/12 1:51 AM
WikiTheWalrus
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It takes about an hour or so farming Pyro Pete's Bar to get the coins for a legendary weapon. Once you memorize the locations of the badasses in the bar it's pretty easy.

I think Torgue is pretty funny. He's a complete rip-off of Macho Man, but in a good way.
11/22/12 1:52 AM
WikiTheWalrus
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As far as a stealth release, Gearbox had been hinting at the release for about a month on Twitter.
11/22/12 3:26 PM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're level 50 with all characters? That's... insane...

My guy is like level.. I dunno 46? and I only have that one guy, and I feel like I've played a lot.

How do I even get to start with this DLC? I have it downloaded etc, do I have a mission in my log or something? I already finished the first DLC.
11/23/12 1:05 AM
BigWilliam

I don't go onto twitter, so that must be how I missed the announcement.

Penn just go to a fast travel station and travel to the bad ass canyon of badassitude.
11/23/12 1:58 AM
WikiTheWalrus

The only reason I have a twitter account is for this game. They release shift codes on the Gearbox twitter account.

The marketing was pretty funny on twitter. It was Torgue tweeting the vault hunters instead of a regular pitch campaign.
11/23/12 5:22 AM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank BigWilliam.

I noticed the DLC was released when I launched Steam and there was a.. 700? MB for the game.

I keep telling people who didn't like Borderlands 1 that the second one is a lot better :D Much more vibrant environments, the nr 1 flaw with the first game.
11/23/12 1:20 PM
BigWilliam

Has anyone had much luck killing Invincible Pete? Any tips or strategies?
11/23/12 4:22 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

BigWilliam - Has anyone had much luck killing Invincible Pete? Any tips or strategies?
I've killed him with axton and gaige so I had equipment to distract him. Have a good shock weapon to get that shield down quick. Phone Post
11/23/12 4:23 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

Wait until the final boss. Stupidly difficult compared to the others. Phone Post
11/23/12 4:25 PM
hbkurtis
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For killing invincible Pete, i was always ready with the water wheel for whenever he does his fire/caustic explosion. That was my last thing to figure out to finally beat him. One water wash brings spiderants for second winds and the other brings rat guys. (i prefer the spiderants)

I'm sporting a Sapping (electric) Kitten and a bee shield for taking his shield down quickly. After it's down, use whatever your best damage-per-second weapon is I guess. I think i finished with the Kitten too.

Oh, it helped that I was marking him for death with my assassin and my friend was kiting him around with his tanking Salvador. But hopefully you can do it without needing all of those elements.
11/26/12 12:52 AM
WikiTheWalrus

BigWilliam - Has anyone had much luck killing Invincible Pete? Any tips or strategies?

There's a glitch you can use. You can kill Pete with completely shit weapons using it, but it takes a long time.

Go to the part of the arena wall where there are two pillars close by one another. Jump into the inside corner of the right pillar. You get stuck for a second. Spam jump until you make it to the ledge. Now you can use the pillars for cover to kill Pete.

If Pete jumps onto the ledge he can't get back down. This makes it harder to kill him because you can't use the pillars for cover. You can use the overhang by the ammo dump and sewer wheel, and there's another cover spot behind the pillar by the elevator switch.
11/28/12 9:29 AM
Willybone
421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll have to pick this up.

I liked Scarlet.

11/28/12 9:38 AM
BigWilliam

It's better than Scarlet, funnier and more varied.
11/28/12 10:49 AM
Willybone
421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Nice.

The promo was hilarious. He had me at, "I have one question for you. Explosions?"

11/29/12 12:23 PM
Willybone

Definitely much funnier. Torque's killing me.

The humor in this series is the best and most consistent since Portal. Even on second and third playthroughs, the jokes are still funny.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.