UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> FX Will Air UFC on Fox 5 Prelims

11/20/12 4:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/11/20/3672502/fx-not-fuel-tv-to-air-ufc-on-fox-5-prelims-next-month

Next month's UFC on FOX 5 prelims will air on FX and Facebook, not FUEL TV.

Prior to this year's three UFC on FOX telecasts, the main prelims have aired on FUEL TV, however, the promotion and network have decided to move them to FX this time around. UFC president Dana White confirmed the switch with MMAFighting.com on Tuesday.

FX will air six fights prior to the Dec. 8 UFC on FOX 5 main card beginning at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT: Brendan Schaub vs. Lavar Johnson, Michael Chiesa vs. Marcus LeVesseur, Nam Phan vs. Dennis Siver, Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez, Ramsey Nijem vs. Joe Proctor, and Yves Edwards vs. John Cholish. Prior to the FX prelims, Facebook will also stream three fights beginning at 3:45 p.m. ET / 12:45 p.m PT: Bryan Caraway vs. Mike Easton, John Albert vs. Scott Jorgensen, and Tim Means vs. Abel Trujillo.

In addition, according to a UFC official, FX is also expected to air the main prelims prior to UFC on FOX 6 on Jan. 26.
11/20/12 4:41 PM
Chris27

I think its smart putting the prelims for Fox shows on FX instead of FUel but I would rather see Easton, Jorgensen and Means on the card over Daron/Martinez, Ramsey and even Yves/Cholish.

11/20/12 4:42 PM
OSBtro11

I've been looking forward to this card more than the last few to be honest. Always excited to see BJ fight. On top of that I'm happy to see Nate get a shot at the belt . Phone Post
11/20/12 4:48 PM
Pat Giles
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - I think its smart putting the prelims for Fox shows on FX instead of FUel but I would rather see Easton, Jorgensen and Means on the card over Daron/Martinez, Ramsey and even Yves/Cholish.

Yves was owed a favor for the Stephens fight being cancelled on the day of the show. Not saying he's not worthy of a tv spot. Phone Post
11/20/12 4:58 PM
Chris27

Pat Giles - 
Chris27 - I think its smart putting the prelims for Fox shows on FX instead of FUel but I would rather see Easton, Jorgensen and Means on the card over Daron/Martinez, Ramsey and even Yves/Cholish.

Yves was owed a favor for the Stephens fight being cancelled on the day of the show. Not saying he's not worthy of a tv spot. Phone Post

Ok but why the hell is Ramsey and the other fight on the card over Easton, Jorgensen? Easton is one of teh top rising BW in the UFC with 3 wins in a row including beating Ivan. I would think they would want to get him some tv time considering after Mayday Mike Easton might be the guy coming up that could be in line for a title shot with a few more wins.

Jorgensen is still a name in hte BW div and is solid and Means has I think two UFC wins and looked good.
11/20/12 5:00 PM
bram
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice! Should help draw some more eyeballs. Phone Post
11/20/12 5:19 PM
RickStorm
1753 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Be on the lookout for about 153 nut cases in section 101!

A Fhaka will sure to be flown!

-Until December 8th and the UG taking over the 101 bitches!

11/20/12 5:42 PM
caposa
1705 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the three FX prelims start at 5pm, but the main card starts at 8pm. Three hours for three prelims? Seems kinda weird.

11/20/12 5:49 PM
Chris27

caposa - 

So the three FX prelims start at 5pm, but the main card starts at 8pm. Three hours for three prelims? Seems kinda weird.

They are airing 6 fights on FX.

FX will air six fights prior to the Dec. 8 UFC on FOX 5 main card beginning at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT: Brendan Schaub vs. Lavar Johnson, Michael Chiesa vs. Marcus LeVesseur, Nam Phan vs. Dennis Siver, Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez, Ramsey Nijem vs. Joe Proctor, and Yves Edwards vs. John Cholish. Prior to the FX prelims, Facebook will also stream three fights beginning at 3:45 p.m. ET / 12:45 p.m PT: Bryan Caraway vs. Mike Easton, John Albert vs. Scott Jorgensen, and Tim Means vs. Abel Trujillo.
11/20/12 5:52 PM
caposa
1705 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ohh ok, earlier report i read only listed 3 fights for FX

11/20/12 6:35 PM
Dreamer
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really surprised Easton fight only on Facebook. Wouldve thought hes up there in 135 pecking order behind McDonald. Figured theyd want to showcase him Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.