UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva opens as slight favorite over GSP

11/20/12 5:16 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC President Dana White wants to make the fight, really bad.

“We’re trying to make this super fight happen so we’ll see how it goes," said White recently. "It’s the number one pound-for-pound best fighter in the world against the number two pound-for-pound best fighter in the world. It’s a big fight, we think people want to see it and we think the guys want to do it. So, we’ll do it."

Anderson Silva is game.

GSP has been non commital to date, but he has many millions of reasons to come around.

Odds are, the fight is going to happen.

And the odds are out!

Odds to win a UFC Fight Between Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre
Anderson ”The Spider” Silva -160     (5/8)
Georges “Rush” St. Pierre +150     (3/2)

Will Anderson Silva face Georges St. Pierre in 2013?
Yes                  1/3
No                    2/1

Where will Anderson Silva vs. Georges St. Pierre take place?
Dallas, Texas 5/4
Brazil 5/2
Toronto, Canada 5/2
Las Vegas, Nevada 6/1

11/20/12 5:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Teddy KGB
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant wait for this fight its going to be epic if/when it happens.
11/20/12 5:32 PM
SugaFoot
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this fight happens - it will be the biggest PPV sell in UFC history IMO

11/20/12 5:34 PM
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana should bet 10,000,000 at the Palms in regards to where the fight will take place.   He could make a killing!

11/20/12 5:39 PM
Sub Reactor
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good odds to bet on silva IMO Phone Post
11/20/12 5:40 PM
AZKIEL
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm surprised there isn't a line for what weight the bout would be fought at?

I think Anderson at -160 is worth a taste. If GSP got up to +200 I think that would be an interesting bet as well.
11/20/12 5:42 PM
gatorlaw
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's really intriguing is who they put as their undercard/prelim fights.  Do they make it epic like UFC 100 or do they bet the house on the main event?  I, of course, prefer the former.

11/20/12 5:43 PM
gatorlaw
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Reactor -  Good odds to bet on silva IMO Phone Post

I agree with this, also.  Barring news of sickness/injury, his stock should rise as the fight draws closer.

11/20/12 6:13 PM
Johnny Ringo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugar Dick -

If this fight happens I hope GSP beats his ass for Anderson bullying him. I lost a lot of respect for Anderson for bullying a small guy into a fight. Let's see you call out Jon Jones, Anderson.

THIS Phone Post
11/20/12 6:15 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gatorlaw - 
Sub Reactor -  Good odds to bet on silva IMO Phone Post

I agree with this, also.  Barring news of sickness/injury, his stock should rise as the fight draws closer.

i will wait to see what weight they fight at. If Silva is forced to 170 i would be much more weary of betting on him.
11/20/12 6:20 PM
orcus

What are some of the bullying comments Anderson made? 

11/20/12 6:24 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gatorlaw -

What's really intriguing is who they put as their undercard/prelim fights.  Do they make it epic like UFC 100 or do they bet the house on the main event?  I, of course, prefer the former.

They'll stack it. 3 of GSP's last 5 fights have had another title fight on the card. I'd be shocked if they don't put another title fight on it, like Barao vs McDonald Phone Post
11/20/12 6:24 PM
SickEyeDiaz
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait...I thought DFW said Frankie Edgar was the #2 PFP fighter lol! Phone Post
11/20/12 6:28 PM
SJCOTTON
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He called george's mum a fat bitch Phone Post
11/20/12 6:28 PM
The Overseer
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
gatorlaw -

They'll stack it. 3 of GSP's last 5 fights have had another title fight on the card. I'd be shocked if they don't put another title fight on it, like Barao vs McDonald Phone Post
I'd shit myself. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:29 PM
The Overseer
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
gatorlaw -

11/20/12 6:30 PM
SJCOTTON
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Overseer -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
gatorlaw -

He'd shit himself Phone Post
11/20/12 6:37 PM
The Overseer

SJCOTTON -
The Overseer -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
gatorlaw -

He'd shit himself Phone Post
Apparently twice, according to my posts. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:49 PM
orcus

Obviously the oddsmakers haven't seen enough pics of Anderson standing next to Forrest.

11/20/12 6:50 PM
Ironclad

Edited: 11/20/12 6:54 PM
No doubt this would be the biggest ppv in UFC history but it would also be the most bet on fight in UFC history.

I could see myself dropping at least a few hundred on this fight and I'm not a sports better. Everybody thinks their guy is the sure thing, including myself lol.
11/20/12 6:51 PM
easedel

They are trying to force GSP to take this fight so fucking badly. I
11/20/12 7:14 PM
AK-BJJ

I'll take a loan out to bet those odds if the fight is actually made...
11/20/12 7:18 PM
rampageforpresident

This is a risky fight for both guys. It's all about whether or not they want to do something really special for the sport, the ufc, and the fans.
11/20/12 7:30 PM
40oztofreedom
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the best odd's are that the fight is officially booked and then GSP re-injures his knee and is out... and no one steps up on short notice except Chael. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:34 PM
MMARAIDER

What's that in merican? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.