UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rashad: GSP 'definitely' beats Silva

11/20/12 7:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

" one thing with Anderson is that he has such a problem with defending the takedown."

Didn't they say Anderson has the second-highest takedown defense rate in the UFC?

Anyone who is any good at takedowns in MW took him down effortlessly, he has fought a lot of guys who are not great at takedowns as mw is the weakest division in the history of combat sports, especially when it comes to wrestlers, or wrestlers that Silva has faced
11/20/12 7:55 PM

Geoff G Electric - 
Entreri - Rashad knows how incredible GSP's wrestling abilities are. If he can hold down LHW's, he can hold Silva down.

The only thing left is Silva's amazing striking. GSP will have to prepare extensively for that. GSP has the speed and athleticism to survive Silva's striking.
Condit is a sloppy striker and he couldn't avoid those strikes !!!! AS will make Gsp knock his self out !!!! Phone Post

Condit won 1 round because of a kick, where are all of these shots that GSP couldn't avoid? I'll grab a snickers
11/20/12 7:57 PM

Nucky - 
Leigh -  GSP couldn't finish Dan Hardy (or plenty of other WWs) but he's going to finish Anderson Silva? No, I think not. He will have to take him down consistently for 5 rounds without getting hit and bigger, better wrestlers have tried and failed.

I don't even think this should happen due to size difference and its poor form from Silva to call out a guy in the weight class below. Phone Post

You could have stopped at GSP finishing anyone period.  How many decisions has he had since Terra Serra caught him and changed GSPs whole fight game?.

GSP is the Pauli Malinaggio of UFC he's mastered his craft and wins but we all know going in there will be no finish.

Malinaggio loses a lot and when he wins the fights are usually close. GSP is more like Mayweather pitching shutouts, on average he loses 1 round out of every 15 through his entire career, that level of domination will never be duplicated
11/20/12 7:58 PM

malignaggi lol at me quoting your ridiculous spelling
11/20/12 8:06 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If George spends 1/4 of the time he spent against Carlos Condit standing, he is going to get t.k.oed and fast.

Anderson is not THAT easy to be taken down. He ***can*** be taken down, just not that easily. And he will have a great strength and reach advantage against George.
11/20/12 8:07 PM
mark22
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Terrible title. Phone Post
11/20/12 8:09 PM
orcus

"Anyone who is any good at takedowns in MW took him down effortlessly,"

Who has taken him down effortlessly?

11/20/12 8:14 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

"Anyone who is any good at takedowns in MW took him down effortlessly,"

Who has taken him down effortlessly?

Seriously. And even when Chael got him down in the first, we saw the real fight in the 2nd Round. I see a similar outcome with GSP, just maybe later like in the 3rd. Phone Post
11/20/12 8:38 PM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys, pretty sure we've learned to take opinions involving teammates with a grain.....
11/20/12 9:05 PM
r_o_y

gsp is going to have to stay out of silvas range. i don't see gsp getting the ko or sub so he is going to have to stay out of range and be fast enough to get the takedown 5 rounds in a row. not sure if he can do that...
11/20/12 9:06 PM
Fairbanks Hotel
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing how he can transform himself from Cuba Gooding Jr to Lamont from Sanford & Son
11/20/12 10:18 PM
Bipolar

Bry Bry - i have no doubt that GSP can take Anderson down but what then??i dont see GSP finishing Anderson ever...on the feet GSP will get butchered..GSP has no chance standing with ANderson so he has to shoot in on him...Anderson will eventually catch him with strikes and end him..

Beat me to it.

Yes, GSP would be able to take Silva down, but that isn't enough to win the fight.
11/20/12 10:49 PM
canuck34
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut - Not sure why Rashad would perpetuate something as stupid as GSP giving Silva problems.

This is one of the most pathetic propaganda pieces from dips shit BLAF ever! GSP is tiny in comparison and gets beat up by Shields and Condit..imagine if Silva hits him.

GSP is the only one being smart about it, he knows Silva is too big and too skilled.

Um, Condit did land that nice kick but wft are you talking about Shields beating up GSP? Only good shot Shields landed was a finger to the eye. GSP knocked Shields down with a jab.

11/21/12 12:37 AM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

" one thing with Anderson is that he has such a problem with defending the takedown."

Didn't they say Anderson has the second-highest takedown defense rate in the UFC?

In fairness silva has fought a lot of bjj guys with mediocre takedowns, which may be inflating those stats. Seeing as how gsp has fought some of the best wrestlers in mma and taken them down pretty much at will, you would think he will take down Anderson. Minimal chance he finishes him tho. The question is will he get caught on the way in. I'd say it's 50/50 Phone Post
11/21/12 12:50 AM
patrice

BoilerBrawnByBeatdown - lol@people who bring up the 1st Sonnen fight, unless GSP comes in juiced and Anderson comes in injured, that ain't gonna happen.

and second, GSP's takedowns are NOTHING like Sonnen's.

Sonnen doesn't care if he gets hit coming in, he's going forward no matter what. If you think GSP is going to go in recklessly like Sonnen, you are a DUMB FUCK.

No disrespect but you drank too much of the cool aid.

sonnen td success rate is about %60.
GSP td success rate is about 77%.

this is a huge difference.

Sonnen faced only a few wrestlers in his whole carreer, actually he faced mainly bjj guys, while at least half of GSP's fights were against accomplished wrestlers.

It's comparing apple to oranges really.
11/21/12 1:18 AM
Bry Bry

burner does bring up a good point, mdwt division is not stacked to the brim with top wrestlers like welterweight is..mdwt division has guys like Maia, Lutter, Okami etc etc...
11/21/12 1:56 AM
MercWaMouth85

Sub Phone Post
11/21/12 2:34 AM
orcus

Edited: 11/21/12 2:34 AM
burner22 - 
orcus -

In fairness silva has fought a lot of bjj guys with mediocre takedowns, which may be inflating those stats. Seeing as how gsp has fought some of the best wrestlers in mma and taken them down pretty much at will, you would think he will take down Anderson. Minimal chance he finishes him tho. The question is will he get caught on the way in. I'd say it's 50/50 Phone Post

I think GSP would probably get him down, I'm just disagreeing that Anderson gets taken down "effortlessly". Even in the first fight Chael went 4 for 7 and in the second he was like 1 for 8 or something ridiculous.

Maia has great takedowns, Vitor took down Tito, Marquardt and Okami are strong wrestlers as well. Henderson is hit or miss but he took down Rampage more easily than Jon Jones did, and Rampage was a hell of a lot more motivated and in shape then, too.

11/21/12 2:57 AM
aluminum_rooster

LOL @ you guys thinking that wrestling is gonna get the job done.

GSP aint gots no finishing ability, we all agree on that.

TDD-wrestlers-blah

you means wrestlers like Dan Henderson?

Chael?

GSP rasslin is great but he doesnt bring a damn thing to the table to threaten Silva.

Anderson by fists.

11/21/12 3:31 AM
chaplinshouse
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rashad looks kinda old in that pic! 45 or 50

11/21/12 3:52 AM
jones182

Excuse me rashad but I moustache u about gsp vs silva Phone Post
11/21/12 7:11 AM
TenOfSwords
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut - Not sure why Rashad would perpetuate something as stupid as GSP giving Silva problems.

This is one of the most pathetic propaganda pieces from dips shit BLAF ever! GSP is tiny in comparison and gets beat up by Shields and Condit..imagine if Silva hits him.

GSP is the only one being smart about it, he knows Silva is too big and too skilled.

You mean you actually have to ask?

Rashad wants to get AS sufficiently mad at him so he will want to fight him!

And I'm all for it - anything to get Rashad down to 185.

11/21/12 7:23 AM
JamieHill

I think Rashad's got it about right.

Consider the opponents that Silva has faced, not one of them would beat GSP, imo. Sonnen, Okami, Bonnar, Belfort, Maia, Griffin, Leites, Cote, Irvin, Marquardt, Leben, Franklin, .. Henderson would put up a helluva scrap, for sure, but I'd say GSP would still take decision.

Of course, the same could be said of GSP's record, where I'd say Condit would give Anderson a run for his money as well. To say that GSP would lose definitely to Anderson is foolish.

That being said, Condit in the middleweight division.. interesting, very interesting.
11/21/12 9:10 AM
dabigchet

people are underestimating GSP in this fight, imo. i dount agree with hashad that he "definitely" wins but he can definitely take anderson down, definitely hold him there, definitely deliver damage and avoid submissions.

the question is, can he do it for 5 rounds without getting blasted? i doubt that very much but very much want to see it.

the size differential is greatly overstated. they are only around 10-12 pounds difference fighting weight in the cage as it is. a 177 lb catch weight will put them at around the same weight.
11/21/12 9:21 AM
spliff
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gsp wouldn't get one take down

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.