UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Confused about the Johny Hendricks hype

11/20/12 6:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DiazWasRobbed
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is no doubt about it, he has vicious power in his left hand. Also has some good wrestling.

I think people are forgetting that this is a five round fight. In my opinion, Hendricks was slowing down significantly in the 3rd round against Koscheck. The pace that GSP pressured Condit with is a whole different beast compared to Koscheck.

I believe he has very good power, standup, and wrestling. But, his cardio is average and no ones seen if he is good off his back....I think GSP will gass him out and dominate him, similar to Carlos Condit.

Anyone else agree with me on this?
11/20/12 6:14 PM
DiazWasRobbed

Bump
11/20/12 6:19 PM
DiazWasRobbed

TTT
11/20/12 6:31 PM
The Overseer
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do agree with the cardio part, but that's always fixable. Hendricks has some damn good tools to beat GSP, and if the super fight with Silva happens, if Hendricks is smart he would take all that extra time working on cardio, his stand up, his ground game. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:32 PM
White Buffalo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch, Koscheck, Kampmann...good start but not deserving of title shot imo. But who else in that division does? Phone Post
11/20/12 6:33 PM
The Overseer
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

Mother fucker. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:36 PM
Samoa
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First fighter GSP won't be able to take down? Phone Post
11/20/12 6:37 PM
orcus

Pierce and Story and Koscheck did, I don't see why GSP should have much trouble.

Hendricks has to land a KO punch in the first or second round or he's fucked. Not a high percentage route against GSP obviously.

11/20/12 6:41 PM
Nexuscrawlers
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks 100% has earned the next shot at GSP more than anyone else at 170. I think gsp will likely win, but Hendricks is a legit threat to ANY fighter at ww. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:41 PM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

Pierce and Story and Koscheck did, I don't see why GSP should have much trouble.

Hendricks has to land a KO punch in the first or second round or he's fucked. Not a high percentage route against GSP obviously.

There's probably a higher probability of that than anything else. No one is going to win a decision or tire GSP out. Maybe Diaz could do something, but I wouldn't give that good odds either. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:42 PM
Samoa
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't it ironic that the NCAA National Champion Wrestler's best chance is to land a homerun punch or he's gonna get taken down and put on his back? Phone Post
11/20/12 6:43 PM
GIBB0
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's Dan Henderson light.

He can beat anyone, even if he's not as good as them. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:44 PM
Smith1234
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read thread title on phone, which didnt show ”hype”. I thought you were going to say you were confused about the spelling of his name. Is it too late to save the thread and change topics? Phone Post
11/20/12 6:46 PM
jimbonice

Does anyone see GSP having a problem with a smaller fighter st this stage of his career? I don't.
Nine out of ten times he beats him. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:49 PM
JetSetter

I agree with you OP. most people on here think that every fighter is just gonna let Hendricks walk in the cage and land bombs on them!! Lol. That doesn't work at GSP's level.

Yes, GSP could get caught, everyone does but the chances of Hendricks beating GSP are very very slim right now. It doesn't matter how good the kid is GSP will take him to depths that he's never seen before and I really doubt that he can handle it at this point in his career. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:56 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 6:57 PM
GIBB0 -  He's Dan Henderson light.

He can beat anyone, even if he's not as good as them. Phone Post

in a nutshell. (and VTFU)

But I don't think he beats GSP

11/20/12 7:50 PM
SupesUp
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Youre mostly right OP. He has left quite an impression on fans with two huge knockouts. But what people dont remember is winning split decisions against kos and pierce.
He is definitely the most deserving guy in the division and I am amped for the fight but its still an uphill battle for hendricks to topple the champ. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:55 PM
Boofhead3
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers - Hendricks 100% has earned the next shot at GSP more than anyone else at 170. I think gsp will likely win, but Hendricks is a legit threat to ANY fighter at ww. Phone Post
This he has taken out all other legit contenders Phone Post
11/20/12 8:00 PM
Wasa-B
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think OP meant to title it "Hendricks deserves the shot, but not sure he beats GSP."
11/20/12 8:03 PM
Wasa-B
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SupesUp -  Youre mostly right OP. He has left quite an impression on fans with two huge knockouts. But what people dont remember is winning split decisions against kos and pierce.
He is definitely the most deserving guy in the division and I am amped for the fight but its still an uphill battle for hendricks to topple the champ. Phone Post

A split decision over Kos is still a win over Kos who is of course one of the elite WWs and has been for a while. And same goes for Pierce, minus the elite status but still a good win and when put together with Fitch and Kampmann, he has undeniably earned the title shot. Not many people are saying he's gonna beat GSP so not sure where this "hype" thing is getting mixed up. KTFO Fitch and Kampman is very much worthy of hype.
11/20/12 8:06 PM
DiazWasRobbed

Wasa-B - I think OP meant to title it "Hendricks deserves the shot, but not sure he beats GSP."

No I didn't.
11/20/12 8:07 PM
DiazWasRobbed

JetSetter -  I agree with you OP. most people on here think that every fighter is just gonna let Hendricks walk in the cage and land bombs on them!! Lol. That doesn't work at GSP's level.

Yes, GSP could get caught, everyone does but the chances of Hendricks beating GSP are very very slim right now. It doesn't matter how good the kid is GSP will take him to depths that he's never seen before and I really doubt that he can handle it at this point in his career. Phone Post

This.
11/20/12 8:14 PM
DiazWasRobbed

Nucky - 

ok now i get it i didnt read TS name before...Only thing he gets is Nick Diaz should be next up for GSP.  Which i guess you could argue but lets not go full retard and say Hendrix is all hype...your pretty much proven when u first round KO Fitch and Kampman like 1980's Mike Tyson.

When did I say that? Yeah, I'm fan of Diaz, doesn't mean I think he deserves the next shot. Has to beat a top contender first.
11/20/12 8:15 PM
Wasa-B

DiazWasRobbed - 
Wasa-B - I think OP meant to title it "Hendricks deserves the shot, but not sure he beats GSP."

No I didn't.

Ok. But you arent really confused about the hype.
11/20/12 8:47 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks said he trained for the Kampmann fight as if it was a 5 round fight incase he won and was next for GSP he would have already started improving his cardio

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.