UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Confused about the Johny Hendricks hype

11/20/12 8:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DiazWasRobbed
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stretch Armbar -  I'm confused by OP's screen name. Was Nick or Nate Diaz the victim of a hold up? Car jacking? Scam artist? What happened??? Now I am the one who is so very confused! Phone Post

Go back to Sherdog Stretch Anus
11/20/12 9:10 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz vs Hendricks

Kampmann vs Condit II.

i'm becoming of the mind that anything else is crazy-talk.

11/20/12 9:14 PM
SickEyeDiaz
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiazWasRobbed - 
Stretch Armbar -  I'm confused by OP's screen name. Was Nick or Nate Diaz the victim of a hold up? Car jacking? Scam artist? What happened??? Now I am the one who is so very confused! Phone Post

Go back to Sherdog Stretch Anus

LOL
11/20/12 9:31 PM
MMALOGIC

Im not sure if hype is appropriate for a guy who has beat:

Fitch

Kampmann

Koscheck

Pierce

That's not a guy who's "hyped".  he's legit.  Now does that mean GSP wont expose him? he probably will. 

11/20/12 9:33 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

Edited: 11/20/12 9:35 PM
Hendricks is the legitimate #1 contender.

That said, he is just too 1-dimensional to present a real threat to GSP.
11/20/12 9:36 PM
SilentSamurai8

Samoa - Isn't it ironic that the NCAA National Champion Wrestler's best chance is to land a homerun punch or he's gonna get taken down and put on his back? Phone Post
Right?
Interesting. Phone Post
11/20/12 9:47 PM
XcessiveZ
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His wrestling and huge power makes him a threat to GSP, as others have mentioned.Personally, I see him as a similar threat to GSP as Kos was, with a bit more power.Hendrix has been taken down before and outwrestled by Rick story so GSP could definitely have a lot of success in the wrestling department.

If the fight goes deep Johnny could be in trouble with the pace that Georges has in his fights.However,im a big fan of Hendrix and think he's most deserving of the shot and that it would be an interesting fight for sure.Hes similar to hendo in that he always has a chance to land that big bomb and knock out anyone in the division.I just think Georges is too smart and too good to let that happen. Phone Post
11/20/12 10:14 PM
Nader_Loves_SF_GIANTS
802 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White Buffalo - Fitch, Koscheck, Kampmann...good start but not deserving of title shot imo. But who else in that division does? Phone Post
Wat Phone Post
11/20/12 11:42 PM
big poooop

SilentSamurai8 - 
Samoa - Isn't it ironic that the NCAA National Champion Wrestler's best chance is to land a homerun punch or he's gonna get taken down and put on his back? Phone Post
Right?
Interesting. Phone Post

Its because GSP is playing chess while great wrestlers like fitch and koscheck are playing checkers. The good wrestlers can learn stand-up and be good wresling match wrestlers, but the combination of GSP's mixing up wrestling and stand-up and his overwhelming athleticism is just way too much. He has a much better feel for mixing up strikes and takedowns, and what the optimum move is at any given moment. Add world class athleticism and he wins the wrestling battle with ppl who would definitely give him a good battle in a pure wrestling match. Mentally and physically better is tough to overcome and the reason he dominates just about every minute of every one of his fights. He plays it safe so he doesnt get alot of finishes, but hes still as dominant as there is or ever been. He is rarely if ever in a competitive fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.