UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> BJJ for BJ?

11/20/12 7:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shiki31
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ has the Mendes bros in town for help with training. Hope he berimbolos rory mac and chokes his ass out. Phone Post
11/20/12 9:49 PM
JIMMYNAKS
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got false bonered from this clever thread title Phone Post
11/20/12 9:50 PM
JIMMYNAKS
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saw this on Rich Chou's FB.

Wasn't Ben Askren there the other week too? I heard his wrestling is SICK!! Phone Post
11/24/12 12:34 AM
shiki31

Yeah sorry the title is fucked. He had jay hieron tarrec saffedine and askren. Mendes bros josh thompson and pat healy. Lots of ground work. Lots of judo as well from what i heard. Hes actually gameplanning for this fight so we'll see how this goes. Phone Post
11/24/12 1:57 AM
JIMMYNAKS

Saw a pic on The UG, he's looking good.
No Homo Phone Post
11/24/12 6:59 AM
FCTV808
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judo?
11/24/12 3:02 PM
shiki31

I'm pretty sure BJ will be looking to take this fight to the ground with clinching, trips and throws. Shouldnt be looking for doubles as it seemed to drain him a lot in the fitch fight. Keeping macdonald down will be the hard part as edgar and fitch were both able to scramble to their feet. Hoping BJ goes back to his roots and gets a RNC that he holds for just a second or two too long. Phone Post
11/24/12 3:29 PM
FCTV808
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judo chop?
11/24/12 9:28 PM
shiki31

Judo kick Phone Post
11/24/12 9:51 PM
meatrokket
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shiki31 - I'm pretty sure BJ will be looking to take this fight to the ground with clinching, trips and throws. Shouldnt be looking for doubles as it seemed to drain him a lot in the fitch fight. Keeping macdonald down will be the hard part as edgar and fitch were both able to scramble to their feet. Hoping BJ goes back to his roots and gets a RNC that he holds for just a second or two too long. Phone Post
At 170 BJ gasses so bad trying to take guys down and when he does get then down he has an even harder time keeping then there. His best bet IMO to beat Hory is to punch him in his face repeatedly and to stay off the fence and out of the clinch. Phone Post
11/24/12 10:27 PM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FCTV808 - judo chop?

does the chop make a "PAK" type sound?

11/25/12 10:33 PM
shiki31

meatrokket -
shiki31 - I'm pretty sure BJ will be looking to take this fight to the ground with clinching, trips and throws. Shouldnt be looking for doubles as it seemed to drain him a lot in the fitch fight. Keeping macdonald down will be the hard part as edgar and fitch were both able to scramble to their feet. Hoping BJ goes back to his roots and gets a RNC that he holds for just a second or two too long. Phone Post
At 170 BJ gasses so bad trying to take guys down and when he does get then down he has an even harder time keeping then there. His best bet IMO to beat Hory is to punch him in his face repeatedly and to stay off the fence and out of the clinch. Phone Post
True, BJ does gas easily especially when attempting takedowns. Thats why i think his takedown attempts need to be more judo based, quicker leverage based throws and trips that will expend less energy, ala ronda rousey, karo parisyan, etc. the problem will still be keeping these bigger opponents down, I agree. I think BJ will actually expend more energy if the fight stays standing because macdonald will get lit up early and then he'll cage hump BJ and go for a takedown late in the round. Thats the gameplan v BJ that everyone uses. Hopefully BJ gameplans around that strategy. Phone Post
11/26/12 1:36 AM
FCTV808

Bj is gonna judo chop him if he tries that!
11/26/12 4:13 AM
Greg Southworth

Askren has SICK level changes and funky shoulder and head movement - he's like a snake charmer and you're the snake. No can defense. He came to TTT while still in school at Mizzou to trane UFC with us. Phone Post
11/27/12 2:48 PM
JIMMYNAKS

Ran into Josh Thompson yesterday. He was here for the weekend then back to Hilo for BJ's camp.

Reading these threads I'm getting excited for this fight like I haven't been excited for a UFC in a long time. I may actually watch this one. Phone Post
11/28/12 12:02 PM
FCTV808

wait a minute? is this thread about ufc?
11/28/12 6:29 PM
alewaboy52
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whats a ufc?
11/29/12 4:47 AM
JIMMYNAKS

I was wearing a "Fight shirt" recently.

Guy asked if I "trained".

I said "If I trained, I wouldn't need to be wearing this fight shirt now would I?"

True story

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.