UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Penn excited for another crack at Tri-Star

11/20/12 11:57 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“Training is coming along, I couldn’t be happier with how everything is going,” said Penn. “I’m in the gym trying to put in my time and I’ve used the last few months to get into shape. I think it was a blessing that the fight got pushed back (from UFC 152). I’ve had more time to train and I’ve been able to work out more. We’re giving it an honest effort and we’ll see how everything works out.”

“I wanted to have another match against Tri-Star and head coach Firas Zahabi and it’s not being done because of any bad blood,” admitted Penn. “I feel like I have more to show them and without a doubt Rory has a lot of hype surrounding him. I can see why, he’s done great so far. He’s in great condition, he can kick, punch, he can wrestle and he knows how to fight on the ground. Everyone is saying he’s going to be one of the top guys and those are the guys I like to fight. It works out two ways for me; I get to face a really good opponent and I get to compete against Firas again.”

read entire article...

11/21/12 12:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pizzeria Nova Uno
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

x Anchor x - So is GSP considered a Tri-Star fighter more so than a Jackson fighter now? Who does he self proclaim his affiliation to first and foremost? Anyone know? Phone Post
Your mom Phone Post
11/21/12 12:08 AM
phillyslice99

I would love to see rory vs gsp down the line Phone Post
11/21/12 12:10 AM
WoodenPupa
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Relieved that he didn't conjure up a kiss of death by saying he was "in the best shape of his life."
11/21/12 12:49 AM
chris curry
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

x Anchor x -  So is GSP considered a Tri-Star fighter more so than a Jackson fighter now? Who does he self proclaim his affiliation to first and foremost? Anyone know? Phone Post

he was never a Jackson fighter. He just sparred with some people their and game planned with Greg. Jackson was the the one who acted like he was a Jackson fighter just to try and act like the best we ever was from Jackson. GSP is ablnd always has been a Tristar fighter.
11/21/12 1:13 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chris curry -
x Anchor x -  So is GSP considered a Tri-Star fighter more so than a Jackson fighter now? Who does he self proclaim his affiliation to first and foremost? Anyone know? Phone Post

he was never a Jackson fighter. He just sparred with some people their and game planned with Greg. Jackson was the the one who acted like he was a Jackson fighter just to try and act like the best we ever was from Jackson. GSP is ablnd always has been a Tristar fighter.
This, Zahabi has never gotten the credit he deserves for GSP. Jackson has gotten all of it because GSP would spend a month of his year sparring down there and help him with his gameplan a couple weeks of his camp.

GSP is a Tri-Star fighter, the Jackson association has been blown out of proportion and marketed well. Phone Post
11/21/12 1:18 AM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pizzeria Nova Uno -
x Anchor x - So is GSP considered a Tri-Star fighter more so than a Jackson fighter now? Who does he self proclaim his affiliation to first and foremost? Anyone know? Phone Post
Your mom Phone Post
No one tells me how to run my pizzeria!

Win or lose, props to BJ fighting the ducked prospect.

After here is hoping BJ fights Marquardt. Phone Post
11/21/12 4:16 AM
chaplinshouse
704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's gonna be so bummed when all is said and done u watch, instant retirement.  again

if nick made him retire, what's a young gun like rory gonna do for his self esteem? no shame in losing to rory but he won't see it that way

11/21/12 4:25 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just want BJ to beat up a hipster. It really annoys me the way Rory dresses. Shallow of me yes, however, I'm a grown up and fucking hate hipsters. Phone Post
11/21/12 8:32 AM
SecondBase
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - love me a motivated bj

Put that one on a tee, didn't you.
11/21/12 9:12 AM
Motivated BJ
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i see rory eatin some uppercuts while hes tryin to take bj down

11/21/12 9:28 AM
zora_d_1991
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This could easily turn into a second Diego Sanchez-like beating. Starting with Rory eating uppercuts off a single leg. WAR PENN. Phone Post
11/21/12 9:37 AM
buckshot44
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - love me a motivated bj

11/21/12 10:36 AM
muay_jitsu

chaplinshouse - 

he's gonna be so bummed when all is said and done u watch, instant retirement.  again

if nick made him retire, what's a young gun like rory gonna do for his self esteem? no shame in losing to rory but he won't see it that way

I think thats why he is taking this fight....if he can't compete with the next gen fighter I do not believe he wants to fight. Of course BJ always takes loses really hard and can come off whiney but hey he is passionate.
11/21/12 10:40 AM
muay_jitsu

Cung knocked my ace out -  Im excited to see his whiny ass get retired again. Phone Post

nothing but a respectful complimentary BJ Penn and yet you still respond with this nonsense.
11/21/12 10:43 AM
MMALOGIC

after seeing Rory's stand up against che mills, BJ definately has a shot.

11/21/12 10:56 AM
aaronlynton
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bj is gonna hand this kid a beating Phone Post
11/21/12 12:38 PM
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/21/12 3:53 PM
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.