UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stout disappointed in Makdessi 'running away'

11/20/12 11:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Stout, who lost a unanimous decision to Makdessi on the preliminary portion of the card, feels Makdessi didn't come to fight at the Bell Centre, but rather to fight cautiously.

"He wasn't fighting," Stout told MMAmania.com moments after his defeat. "He was running the whole time. I wanted to fight, I came to fight and I didn't get the fight I wanted."

"I usually like to come out and put on an exciting fight and it takes two guys to do that, to do those kinds of fights," Stout explained. "And you know John, he ran, he kept on moving the whole time and I was expecting him to fight me a little more."

"He never really hurt me, obviously I have some superficial damage and my lips are little swollen but yeah, it's just a disappointing experience, it's not the end of the world, you know, I'll fight another day but, yeah, I guess that's the best word to describe how I feel -- disappointed."

read entire article...

11/21/12 12:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makdessi whooped that ass, it wasn't like the condit Diaz/Maynard guida fights. He was actually fighting. Phone Post
11/21/12 12:09 AM
Nexuscrawlers
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makdesi clearly won that fight no matter which way they were walking. Phone Post
11/21/12 12:11 AM
32Hunter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ortman166 -  Makdessi whooped that ass, it wasn't like the condit Diaz/Maynard guida fights. He was actually fighting. Phone Post

^
11/21/12 12:14 AM
shaqitup
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember the good ole days, when people used to let you punch them in the face.
11/21/12 12:15 AM
Poindexter
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sour grapes. Stout got his ears boxed. 

11/21/12 12:20 AM
Kings21
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - I remember the good ole days, when people used to let you punch them in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQkbVN_rA28
11/21/12 12:21 AM
damane08
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stand still and let me punch you! Do not move!
11/21/12 12:22 AM
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't see the fight but I'll side w Stout on this. Phone Post
11/21/12 12:23 AM
Kings21
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
Ryann Von Doom -
ortman166 -  Makdessi whooped that ass, it wasn't like the condit Diaz/Maynard guida fights. He was actually fighting. Phone Post

really? Condit/Diaz wasnt running you fucktard. 

Condit was running? Sure fucking looked like it to me. Phone Post

Condit was running without a doubt be he at least engaged in the fight. Maynard/Guida was Guida running circles around himself.

People tend to forget what real running in a fight looks like. Just to remind people I'd like to bring up Quarry vs Starnes.
11/21/12 12:32 AM
Acidic

That was some slow, horrible striking on Stouts part. 

11/21/12 12:33 AM
Sakurabaman
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else frustrated that Makdessi didn't throw more than one or two strikes at a time?

11/21/12 12:40 AM
32Hunter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - 
Ryann Von Doom -

Then you need to pull your head out of your ass so you can actually watch the fight, r-tard.

yeah I guess staying out of range and constantly backing way isn't really running. more the art of fighting by not fighting.
11/21/12 12:43 AM
BIGLuke

You got beat handily, Sam. Quit whining, and ditch your robotic technique. Makdessi's strength was his speed and unpredictability. LEARN.
11/21/12 12:46 AM
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Sakurabaman - 

Anyone else frustrated that Makdessi didn't throw more than one or two strikes at a time?

Sure. It was a boring fight.
11/21/12 12:49 AM
MasterofMartialArts
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makdessi didn't run at all, he boxed Stout up. He showed good movement and footwork. It was a little boring, cause I felt like Makdessi could have finished that fight whenever and however he wanted, but he seemed content to get the decision. Phone Post
11/21/12 12:54 AM
stonepony

32Hunter - 
Ryann Von Doom - 
Ryann Von Doom -

Then you need to pull your head out of your ass so you can actually watch the fight, r-tard.

yeah I guess staying out of range and constantly backing way isn't really running. more the art of fighting by not fighting.

He landed far more strikes. Diaz has bad footwork. That's all. It's not much different from fighters/fans who cry about wrestling. If Diaz ever wants to get near the belt, he's going to have to suck it up and learn to move his feet. Or, be content to throw little temper tantrums after losing every fight against every top contender.
11/21/12 1:09 AM
Kings21

NorthFromHere - 
Sakurabaman - 

Sure. It was a boring fight.

I quite enjoyed watching Stout charge at Makdessi from start to finish and eat punches every time he came in. Stout was pumped up to fight for a Canadian crowd and it showed in his focus. He was recklessly pushing the pace from the get go and never adjusted. Makdessi didnt run or avoid the fight. He simply let the fight come to him and picked Stout apart.

Some people actually enjoy a smart, calculated performance over the "he wont stand there and let me punch him" point of view.
11/21/12 1:12 AM
Argo

This is the new normal. When you lack the skills to fight when your opponent does not just stand there like an idiot ... you claim he was running.

As for Condit/Diaz. Diaz never changed his gameplan. He just lumbered like a zombie in one direction. (Didn't help his corner told him he won every round) Condit used footwork and out striked the guy who usual does most of the striking.

Fast forward to GSP v Condit. Condit tried his circling away and GSP didn't allow him to do it. Used the skills necessary to control the fight. Diaz failed at that.

Many today seem to think that fighting is only standing there like an idiot and doing the rockem sockem routine. Any fighter shows skills other than lumbering they call it "Fighting by not fighting" which is pretty ignorant.
11/21/12 1:13 AM
MasterofMartialArts
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Argo - This is the new normal. When you lack the skills to fight when your opponent does not just stand there like an idiot ... you claim he was running.

As for Condit/Diaz. Diaz never changed his gameplan. He just lumbered like a zombie in one direction. (Didn't help his corner told him he won every round) Condit used footwork and out striked the guy who usual does most of the striking.

Fast forward to GSP v Condit. Condit tried his circling away and GSP didn't allow him to do it. Used the skills necessary to control the fight. Diaz failed at that.

Many today seem to think that fighting is only standing there like an idiot and doing the rockem sockem routine. Any fighter shows skills other than lumbering they call it "Fighting by not fighting" which is pretty ignorant.
Fucking truth Phone Post
11/21/12 1:21 AM
ChaosOverkill
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So now its only toughman pocket fighting allowed Stout?

11/21/12 1:47 AM
2L4S

unfortunately both Stout and Hominick went a bit downhill since coach Thompson died. Man, Hominick fought Aldo!! And where's he now?! He might be cut. It's sad b/c both are capable of a lot more. Phone Post
11/21/12 2:21 AM
repseatown
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started to like Stout after he fought Fisher. But this statement really makes me not like the guy now. He ranted and raved how he was going to war against Fisher this last time around......only to fight how he claims this opponent did to him, but also took Fisher down to avoid the stand up fight he promised! So to bitch after this fight after he played Fisher is sooooo hypocritical
11/21/12 2:40 AM
aluminum_rooster

Sam.....you lost.

Makdessi put on a counterpunching clinic, son.

He was wayyyyyy too fast for you.

You fucking sound like Rampage, crying because the other fighter won't give you a stand-up war, the two of you standing there like goats on a cliff....

I'll be sure to try to miss your next fight Sam.

11/21/12 2:56 AM
And Wagners Cut

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -
Ryann Von Doom -

Here we go again Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.