UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stout disappointed in Makdessi 'running away'

11/21/12 3:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - 
ortman166 -  Makdessi whooped that ass, it wasn't like the condit Diaz/Maynard guida fights. He was actually fighting. Phone Post

really? Condit/Diaz wasnt running you fucktard. 

This
11/21/12 4:16 AM
ender852
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makdessi wouldn't let him bang
11/21/12 4:26 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this from the guy who was taking fisher down so he can win on points...

11/21/12 4:26 AM
rundymc

Argo - This is the new normal. When you lack the skills to fight when your opponent does not just stand there like an idiot ... you claim he was running.

As for Condit/Diaz. Diaz never changed his gameplan. He just lumbered like a zombie in one direction. (Didn't help his corner told him he won every round) Condit used footwork and out striked the guy who usual does most of the striking.

Fast forward to GSP v Condit. Condit tried his circling away and GSP didn't allow him to do it. Used the skills necessary to control the fight. Diaz failed at that.

Many today seem to think that fighting is only standing there like an idiot and doing the rockem sockem routine. Any fighter shows skills other than lumbering they call it "Fighting by not fighting" which is pretty ignorant.

Very good post.

The Diaz fight left a bad taste in my mouth, and I said as much to my friends, and on forums. After being reprimanded by a bunch of guys that actually know how striking works, I rewatched the fight and man...

Nick holds as much blame as Condit for the nature of that fight. Condit was fighting on his terms, true, the terms on which he had the best chance of winning. You can't fault him for that. You can fault Diaz for not switching it up. That said, yes Condit never appeared to be concerned about a finish, and that bugged me.

Fast forward to Gray/Clay. That's running. No effective offense, and attempting to win on the scorecards by looking busier. If Guida actually landed any decent shots, perhaps I would think different.
11/21/12 5:26 AM
dirtymfmoney

mrantistupiditay - The other day, I went and took an IQ test.

I was prepared but they didn't ask me the questions I wanted to be asked!

WTF?

Stupes.
. Phone Post
11/21/12 7:59 AM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stout is one of my favorite fighters... But he really seems to be not improving since the death of his coach. Same with Hominick. He just understood how to get them to fight right, and I dunno if anyone else can replicate it Phone Post
11/21/12 8:11 AM
Farewell Brock

Sadly neither stout or homminick have looked the same since Shawn passed away :( Phone Post
11/21/12 8:24 AM
SecondBase
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sam was beaten to the punch constantly. Makdessi's jab was a thing of beauty.
11/21/12 8:27 AM
SignsOfChaos
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Stout....fun guy to watch most nights but this is nothing but sour grapes. He got picked apart by a lightning jab all day from a guy who has equally fast head movement. Stout never really changed his game plan of trying to stand and trade which clearly wasn't going to work after the first round.

You got beat by a better fighter Sam....deal with it. Phone Post
11/21/12 8:28 AM
TARRat
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 - 
NorthFromHere - 
Sakurabaman - 

Anyone else frustrated that Makdessi didn't throw more than one or two strikes at a time?

Sure. It was a boring fight.

I quite enjoyed watching Stout charge at Makdessi from start to finish and eat punches every time he came in. Stout was pumped up to fight for a Canadian crowd and it showed in his focus. He was recklessly pushing the pace from the get go and never adjusted. Makdessi didnt run or avoid the fight. He simply let the fight come to him and picked Stout apart.

Some people actually enjoy a smart, calculated performance over the "he wont stand there and let me punch him" point of view.

This man speaks the truth. As have several others here, but I particularly like the way Kings put it.
11/21/12 8:29 AM
SonofJockstrap
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If someone is fighting at range like a pussy, just fucking sprint in, protect your head, and go for the takedown. Turn it into a fight. Problem solved. Stout needs to stop whining.

11/21/12 8:52 AM
French Fries Malone
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C'mon Sam, not this bs. You got beat, accept it. Fisher didn't complain when you failed to go toe to toe with him Phone Post
11/21/12 8:53 AM
Card
1908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/21/12 10:47 AM
MM-eh
688 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2L4S -  unfortunately both Stout and Hominick went a bit downhill since coach Thompson died. Man, Hominick fought Aldo!! And where's he now?! He might be cut. It's sad b/c both are capable of a lot more. Phone Post

Tompkins.

11/21/12 10:52 AM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!

Stout got boxed up. Glad to see Makdessi doing his thing. 

On another note, Stout lost that last fight with Fisher. Gift decision, imho.

11/21/12 11:00 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

The HYPOCRISY is full force here.

Makdessi lands 84 total strikes

Condit landed 151 total strikes

Condit RAN

Makdessi whooped that ass

- The UG

11/21/12 11:04 AM
ajl416az

Edited: 11/21/12 11:05 AM
i didn't see the fight so i have no opinion on whether he ran or not
but i find it hilarious that you dorks use punch count and fight metric and blablabla to dictate whether someone ran or not

as if every single strike landed has a chance of ending the fight, or is proof of some sort of aggression.
you should use your eyes and your brains instead
11/21/12 11:09 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mrantistupiditay - The other day, I went and took an IQ test.

I was prepared but they didn't ask me the questions I wanted to be asked!

WTF?

Stupes.

haha
11/21/12 11:09 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe I was watching a different fight, but I remember seeing Stout get outboxed and picked apart.

11/21/12 11:22 AM
Mica Kizbig
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makdessi put on a striking clinic against a very technical striker who seems to have moved from his bread and butter (effective striking) to brawling in hopes of a OTN bonus.
11/21/12 11:31 AM
BubblesNS
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom -
ortman166 -  Makdessi whooped that ass, it wasn't like the condit Diaz/Maynard guida fights. He was actually fighting. Phone Post

really? Condit/Diaz wasnt running you fucktard. 

I think you just committed a fucktard reversal for think condit wasnt running. Check a stop watch, he did a sub 4 min mile. Phone Post
11/21/12 1:03 PM
MasterofMartialArts
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

The HYPOCRISY is full force here.

Makdessi lands 84 total strikes

Condit landed 151 total strikes

Condit RAN

Makdessi whooped that ass

- The UG

LOL
Valid fucking point. It's because Stout doesn't have but nut hugging, delusional fans such as the Diaz fanboys. They will never accept that their boy was beat. Phone Post
11/21/12 1:34 PM
Koku_Ryuu

Stout was slow to every single punch.....and looked frustrated and forced so much that he was made an example of when it comes to counter-punching. He should re-evaluate his game..instead of faulting the better fighter that night.

11/21/12 5:15 PM
KneeUpperCut Ios

lol @ the top comment on that youtube video:

"Fuck me,? he wanted more of a fight? lol"
11/21/12 5:55 PM
supersonic
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What comes around goes around (fisher fight). And Stout has looked the same from the first time I have seen him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.