UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stout disappointed in Makdessi 'running away'

11/21/12 7:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmavixen
1110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't say he ran, but Makdessi's style is not to my liking.

11/21/12 8:14 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

The HYPOCRISY is full force here.

Makdessi lands 84 total strikes

Condit landed 151 total strikes

Condit RAN

Makdessi whooped that ass

- The UG

Not to argue you with you one way or the other...

But it's 3 round fight vs 5 round fight. Makdessi SHOULD land significantly less if there are similar strike outputs every round. Phone Post
11/21/12 8:31 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/21/12 8:31 PM
GriffinQ - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

The HYPOCRISY is full force here.

Makdessi lands 84 total strikes

Condit landed 151 total strikes

Condit RAN

Makdessi whooped that ass

- The UG

Not to argue you with you one way or the other...

But it's 3 round fight vs 5 round fight. Makdessi SHOULD land significantly less if there are similar strike outputs every round. Phone Post

I thought of that as I was posting it. Still:

Makdessi: 28 strikes per round

Condit: 30.2 strikes per round

Similar countering strikes. Jab to face vs. jabs and leg kicks. Opponent walking forward the whole fight. Etc etc etc. :)

:P

11/22/12 3:33 PM
KneeUpperCut Ios

Makdessis response to Stout:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=2092801&page=1#post-42052056
11/23/12 3:29 AM
Theonlyvivid

If anyone thought Makdessi's style was boring, don't appreciate technical striking, especially from a countering standpoint, with accuracy. He had some of the best jabs and evasiveness I've seen today. His overall striking skills is definitely something to appreciate.
11/23/12 3:32 AM
Theonlyvivid

Argo - This is the new normal. When you lack the skills to fight when your opponent does not just stand there like an idiot ... you claim he was running.

As for Condit/Diaz. Diaz never changed his gameplan. He just lumbered like a zombie in one direction. (Didn't help his corner told him he won every round) Condit used footwork and out striked the guy who usual does most of the striking.

Fast forward to GSP v Condit. Condit tried his circling away and GSP didn't allow him to do it. Used the skills necessary to control the fight. Diaz failed at that.

Many today seem to think that fighting is only standing there like an idiot and doing the rockem sockem routine. Any fighter shows skills other than lumbering they call it "Fighting by not fighting" which is pretty ignorant.

Agreed..thats how it should be.
11/23/12 4:38 AM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at running away, this is MMA and you are allowed to take people down or press them against the cage, if he felt like Makdessi was ''running away'' he should have tried to do either of these things or just rushed him like prime Wanderlei would.

11/23/12 4:42 AM
ChaosOverkill
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOAO - makdessi fought boring as hell only throwing one jab and then moving away.

always one full retard

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.