UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP is the best.

11/21/12 1:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EvanHayes
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems like a lot of people aren't giving gsp the credit he deserves, like they forgot how skilled he is, he is in my eyes the most well rounded MMA fighter alive and the p4p BEST. p4p!!! as in if everyone were the same size who would be the best. Some people are even saying Bisping would be too much for him, though Bisping is sometimes overrated, he is no gsp, even with the size advantage. Anderson might (and probably will) win if they ever fight, but if they were the same size... i don't see it happening. GSP = P4P BEST.
11/21/12 1:34 AM
Swayze Express

I agree but be prepared to be flamed.
11/21/12 1:36 AM
EvanHayes

Swayze Express - I agree but be prepared to be flamed.

I'm as prepared as i can be. Haha, but glad someone agrees.
11/21/12 1:39 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Silva beats him because of size (who has he ever beat with size?), but agree GSP isn't getting the credit he deserves. He has a much better chance against Silva than fans are giving him. Phone Post
11/21/12 1:43 AM
EvanHayes

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I don't think Silva beats him because of size (who has he ever beat with size?), but agree GSP isn't getting the credit he deserves. He has a much better chance against Silva than fans are giving him. Phone Post

I agree that Anderson hasn't beat anyone on size, but GSP's striking is primarily used on feints and his reach, he keeps ppl right at bay with his jab, and Anderson is def. the longer person, and is phenominal at knowing his own reach, anddddd MIGHT be too big for gsp to hold down.
11/21/12 1:47 AM
Neil Funk

Jon Jones is better p4p than GSP right now. Also, Anderson Silva is better than GSP overall. GSP is a close 3rd, I'll give you that. He doesn't finish fights consistently though. Anderson and JBJ go out there to ready to kill a motherfucker to win. Georges goes out there prepared to outlast someone for 25 minutes, finish be damned.

I'm not saying GSP isn't one of the all-time greats, because he is - but the best in the world? That's Jonny Bones. Check the record books.
11/21/12 1:51 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvanHayes -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I don't think Silva beats him because of size (who has he ever beat with size?), but agree GSP isn't getting the credit he deserves. He has a much better chance against Silva than fans are giving him. Phone Post

I agree that Anderson hasn't beat anyone on size, but GSP's striking is primarily used on feints and his reach, he keeps ppl right at bay with his jab, and Anderson is def. the longer person, and is phenominal at knowing his own reach, anddddd MIGHT be too big for gsp to hold down.
Silva's reach is only like an inch longer, just as tall as Condit too. I think Condit is a lot better off his back, if he can't create scrambles or sweeps I don't see Silva doing it.

Silva normally just locks up guys from his back and tries to avoid damage, doesn't scramble much. Unless he holds on for dear life with the body triangle off his back I don't even see him keeping GSP in his guard.

I think Silva finds an opening sometime and finishes it, but don't count out GSP. As a huge Silva fan the fight makes me super nervous that GSP will dominate him for 5 rounds. Phone Post
11/21/12 1:53 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Neil Funk - Jon Jones is better p4p than GSP right now. Also, Anderson Silva is better than GSP overall. GSP is a close 3rd, I'll give you that. He doesn't finish fights consistently though. Anderson and JBJ go out there to ready to kill a motherfucker to win. Georges goes out there prepared to outlast someone for 25 minutes, finish be damned.

I'm not saying GSP isn't one of the all-time greats, because he is - but the best in the world? That's Jonny Bones. Check the record books.
If GSP was 6'2", 225, and had a 78-80 inch reach I think he would beat Jones pretty badly. Phone Post
11/21/12 1:57 AM
EvanHayes

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Neil Funk - Jon Jones is better p4p than GSP right now. Also, Anderson Silva is better than GSP overall. GSP is a close 3rd, I'll give you that. He doesn't finish fights consistently though. Anderson and JBJ go out there to ready to kill a motherfucker to win. Georges goes out there prepared to outlast someone for 25 minutes, finish be damned.

If GSP was 6'2", 225, and had a 78-80 inch reach I think he would beat Jones pretty badly. Phone Post

Jon Jones beats just about every one with his reach so no... but OnlyTheStrong, you do post some great points about Anderson off his back. I feel like Silva would catch him eventually but i def. wouldn't be counting gsp out.
11/21/12 2:03 AM
ShakeR_

OnlyTSS pointed out something that I think is just as key as the size difference.

Im building here but... Silva's accuracy and ability to finish a fight at any point combined with GSP's love of 25 minute decisions could be what really puts AS over the top. Georges is going to give him far too many opportunities in that 25 minute window. If he's smart he'll make sure they're only standing the first 10 seconds of each round.

You dance with the devil for too long, and you goto sleep. Phone Post
11/21/12 2:07 AM
EvanHayes

ShakeR_ -  OnlyTSS pointed out something that I think is just as key as the size difference.

Im building here but... Silva's accuracy and ability to finish a fight at any point combined with GSP's love of 25 minute decisions could be what really puts AS over the top. Georges is going to give him far too many opportunities in that 25 minute window. If he's smart he'll make sure they're only standing the first 10 seconds of each round.

You dance with the devil for too long, and you goto sleep. Phone Post

Couldn't of said it any better.
11/21/12 2:21 AM
SinCityHustler

GSP himself will tell you that Frankie Edgar is a p4p better fighter than he is.  It's difficult to put GSP above guys like Anderson, Bones or Edgar with that statement in mind as well as by watching them all compete.  Anderson dismantles people, ending their night quick and in brutal fashion.  And not just guys his size but bigger opponents including former champions from the next weight class up.  Bones is a stone cold killer.  A trained assassin.  No one can get close enough to him in order to mount an offensive.  And once on top, Bones destroys them.  St. Pierre, although brilliant at 170, especially tactically, is absolutely an all time great, how great, however, we'll probably never know unless he chooses to challenge himself against bigger or more physical opponents.  That isn't very likely.  

11/21/12 2:23 AM
EvanHayes

I am surprised and pleased with how real the posters on this have been. Haha
11/21/12 2:24 AM
ParadigmRaep
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blue please

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2n6547p.jpg
11/21/12 2:26 AM
ParadigmRaep
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swayze Express - I agree but be prepared to be flamed.

Also, VTFU for username.
11/21/12 2:26 AM
Entreri

He is most well rounded MMA fighter.

If they were of similar size, he would beat Anderson or Jones.
The only thing he lacks in his game is 1 hit KO power. He is easily as athletic as Jones, best wrestling in MMA and has top tier BJJ.

11/21/12 5:02 AM
sage77

No. BJ is the bess! Phone Post
11/21/12 5:36 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 11/21/12 5:37 AM

a catchweight fight at 177.5 is the closest thing we have to ever finding out.  Everything else is just talk.

Even a parrot can talk... forunately, combat will happen.

11/21/12 6:24 AM
absoluteidiot
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon Jones will NEVER be the martial artist that GSP is. Phone Post
11/21/12 6:26 AM
PayItForward
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

silva's kryptonite is a good wrestler.

gsp is a great wrestler in mma.

it would be like the first chael vs. silva fight except i don't see silva catching gsp w/ a sub.
11/21/12 6:48 AM
The Thread Killer

The only way to settle this is full Vale Tudo rules fights between them.
11/21/12 6:55 AM
in_different
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

still seems like people dont understand what pound for pound means.

GSP is right up there. I can see giving him number 1 in the sense that his skillset matches up with the best of them.

TO BONES FANS:

I stand my ground when i say that Aldo is above Jones p4p though.. imagine the match up that would be. guy with length, various kicks, decent hands, great wrestling, and great GnP.

against guy with killer leg kicks, great boxing, great knees, speed, power, td defense, and world class jiu jitsu.

i give the advantage to Aldo's skill set all day
11/21/12 7:07 AM
MMARAIDER

Agree with op Phone Post
11/21/12 7:13 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 11/21/12 7:14 AM

This is GSP's face after winning a fight 5 rounds to Zero.

This is Andersons Face after taking more punches than any other fighter in UFC history and losing 4 rounds:

Anderson is GSP's daddy.

11/21/12 7:16 AM
tetris
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is funny listening to guys complain about gsp not finishing fights and going the distance too often. You have to remember that he has fought the #1. contender pretty much every time since winning the belt while silva has fought bonnar, griffin and sonnen. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.