UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks: GSP can't take me down

11/21/12 8:42 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Johny told MMA Fight Corner on Tuesday night why St-Pierre should challenge him next and not Silva.

“Well I’m not as good as Anderson, but I believe I have what it takes to beat GSP. I’m a wrestler, I’ve been wrestling since I was five. And, they say that’s what GSP is the strongest at and also I have knockout power. I can lay anybody out at any given moment. The only thing is that sometimes I like to fight, just because I like to fight. You know what I mean? I don’t like to end it fast. And sometimes I go in there and I know I have to make a statement and I know I have to do something to put myself above everybody else and that’s sort of what happened with Kampmann.”

This past weekend at UFC 154, GSP looked back his ol’ self, able to take down Carlos Condit at will. While a wrestler at Oklahoma State University, Hendricks was a NCAA four-time All-American and a three-time Big 12 conference champion. When Johny was asked if he thought St-Pierre could take him down, he said:

“No. No, I don’t. I’ve wrestled all my life and if I really wanted to I could go into a fight and take him down. I just haven’t had the thrill of wanting to take somebody down. For some reason, just hitting someone in the face is a lot more exciting to me, and also to the crowd.”

read entire article...

11/21/12 8:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wizgub
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has been out wrestled by far inferior wrasslers than gsp before Phone Post
11/21/12 8:49 AM
SonofJockstrap
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks is delusional if he doesn't think GSP can take him down at will and repeatedly. The man has been outwrestled by far inferior grapplers before. I'm guessing he's just hyping his fight.

11/21/12 8:55 AM
French Fries Malone
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny stuff. Kos also wrestled since he was five. Gsp took him down. Hendriks will be eating jabs until he's on his back, then maybe gsp subs him to make a point Phone Post
11/21/12 8:59 AM
wazzu19
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd give Hendricks one more fight since it sounds like GSP vs Silva is a go. Perhaps the winner of Rory vs Penn. or Maia. Or Carlos! Phone Post
11/21/12 9:04 AM
Winston Wolf

Diaz-Hendricks
11/21/12 9:07 AM
ComeatMeBro
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

which inferior wrestlers have taken hendricks down?
11/21/12 9:09 AM
Jarvis73
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't koscheck say the same thing about GSP Phone Post
11/21/12 9:12 AM
1800champagne

GSP would beat him standing, so it doesn't really matter. Phone Post
11/21/12 9:13 AM
pennviachoke
928 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - Yes he can Phone Post
This Phone Post
11/21/12 9:13 AM
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hendricks is pretty much koscheck but with more power

11/21/12 9:19 AM
Billyz

didn't story take him down as well as Kos?
11/21/12 9:20 AM
Radio Raheem
1317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol. Matt Hughes, Josh Koscheck, Jon Fitch, and Jake Shields all thought the same thing. Phone Post
11/21/12 9:22 AM
JHR
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Director of Handsome

"GSP can't take me down"

Said every fighter ever, before getting dumped on their ass.

SkooterFanForLife

Gsp wishes he had rick story's wrestling, lol
ComeatMeBro
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kos and story are well established wrestlers
11/21/12 9:23 AM
pennviachoke
928 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JHR -

"GSP can't take me down"

Said every fighter ever, before getting dumped on their ass.

Hahaha Phone Post
11/21/12 9:24 AM
Pessimist_Pete

I think GSP would go down against Hendricks. It would be hard, but he would finish him off. Phone Post
11/21/12 9:25 AM
New School

I feel like I've heard this before.
11/21/12 9:26 AM
RustyTrombone
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a wrestling match I don't doubt Hendricks would win, but in mma Georges will take him down at will. It's his speed, timing and athleticism that get him the takedown time and again. And I can see Hendricks being like a fish out of water on his back. All he has is a punchers chance against gsp Phone Post
11/21/12 9:29 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 11/21/12 9:39 AM

everybody says that until they get into the cage with him.  Once people think "ok it's striking time" GSP takes them down... once they think "OK it's wrestling time" GSP punches them in the face.

I dont care how good of a collegiate or olympic wrestler you are... in mma GSP is gonna take you down or you're gonna let him punch you in the face and then take you down..

Rick Story took hendricks down... and Koscheck took him down.  GSP will certainly take him down.  He may not be able to keep him down or do it at will but GSP can certainly tire him out enough where his hands arent that big of a factor anymore.

11/21/12 9:30 AM
UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG!
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If GSP wants you down, 9/10 you're going down. Phone Post
11/21/12 9:31 AM
danggook

ComeatMeBro - which inferior wrestlers have taken hendricks down?
Rick story Phone Post
11/21/12 9:35 AM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boring... heard it a million times.
Followed by a million takedowns. Phone Post
11/21/12 9:48 AM
Darth Ryase
1093 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SkooterFanForLife - Gsp wishes he had rick story's wrestling, lol

Rick Story wishes he were champion.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.