UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Any Nintendo DS owners?

11/21/12 10:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RLL
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hope this gets noticed in here...

Getting my daughter a Nintendo DSi for Christmas and I have a few questions.

Which games format does the DSi play? Will regular DS and 3DS play in it?

Any recommendations on a  carrying case? Preferably something that can hold games and the stylus too.

She is 5 but plays games on her moms ipad and computer (disney jr stuff). Any Recommendations on good games?

11/21/12 4:53 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DSi will NOT play 3ds games... only 3ds will play those.

11/23/12 11:48 AM
Nub
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If youre going for a ds get the dsi xl. Only $130 and the better bang for your buck. Phone Post
11/23/12 12:19 PM
Yossarian
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought my nephew one of those for his b-day when he turned 7. He fucking LOVED it. That being said, no idea what games a 5 year old girl would like. Perhaps nintendogs? Phone Post
11/23/12 1:49 PM
RLL
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got the reg dsi, princess and hello kitty game. Mario cart next maybe or reg mario bros. Phone Post
11/24/12 4:45 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A Dsi will play any games besides 3DS games. So anything prior to what's been coming out the last year or two.

My girlfriend loves Nintendogs. Basically you raise a virtual dog. You can feed it play with it etc. She has the same taste in games as most five year olds I'd say. Phone Post
11/24/12 8:16 PM
RLL

AbbeyRoadMe - A Dsi will play any games besides 3DS games. So anything prior to what's been coming out the last year or two.

My girlfriend loves Nintendogs. Basically you raise a virtual dog. You can feed it play with it etc. She has the same taste in games as most five year olds I'd say. Phone Post
Because she's five? Phone Post
11/24/12 10:17 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^
6 imo Phone Post
11/25/12 12:50 AM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RLL -
AbbeyRoadMe - A Dsi will play any games besides 3DS games. So anything prior to what's been coming out the last year or two.

I read this to her (she can't read yet) and she laughed herself right out of the carseat.

Oh god. I feel disgusting even joking about this :) Phone Post
11/28/12 3:59 PM
RLL

AbbeyRoadMe - 
RLL -

I read this to her (she can't read yet) and she laughed herself right out of the carseat.

Oh god. I feel disgusting even joking about this :) Phone Post

LOL, voted up.

So I bought 2 games at walmart (hello kitty and disney princess) and ordered two more on Cyber Monday (magic school bus and Barbie). Family member going to get her Marios bros. Also got her the cool Mario "pull & go" carrying case.

11/28/12 6:10 PM
WikiTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My niece was your daughters age when she had her first DS. There are a couple things to keep in mind.

She'll lose the stylus. By an extra one or a pack. Most games are going to be too complex for someone her age, even if the game features characters from age-appropriate cartoons.

Pinkie Pie's Party is a good choice.
11/28/12 11:16 PM
RLL

Thanks. She has her own computer and plays disney.com and pbs games online all the time.... plus shes an ipad wizard. She played mario world using her older cousins ds a few mnths ago and beat a level on her own. Shes a nerd like me. Phone Post
11/30/12 11:09 AM
FullyLoadedFists
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

POKEMON!!

Everybody (especially kids) are pretty much garunteed to love Pokemon games, even if they dont necessarily like Pokemon itself, the games are that awesome. Lol to this day I still remember when I turned 6 and my mom bought me a Game Boy Color and Pokemon Red Version. Without a doubt one of my greatest memories/experiences ever involving playing a video game or receiving a gift lol. Phone Post
11/30/12 12:47 PM
RML
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Played the fuck out of Pokemon blue and red on the original game boy. I was 12. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.