UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Mendes Bros Online Training

11/21/12 12:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ninjaplata
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone else signed up for this?

I signed up for one month just to take a look. I only intend on being a paying member for one month, however I have searched the site and all its functions and I cannot find where to cancel my subscription.

It say on the front page, "ALERT: auto-renew activated!" but nowhere to deactivate that function.

I do not want this activated, I only want to pay for the one month.

I have emailed them through their site function but have not gotten a response yet.

Anyone else a member on their site that knows how to manage your subscription?

Thanks
11/21/12 12:52 PM
Weinstein
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't expect much from someone that blatantly rips off the market leader.
11/21/12 6:02 PM
joelovesfishin
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm excited to try their site out, but I'm gonna give it about a year so they can work out all the bugs and add more content. I keep hearing they keep having a lot of IT problems with their site.

My MGinAction Tutorial: http://tinyurl.com/d78pavw

HOW TO FILLET A FISH: http://www.youtube.com/user/joelovesfishin?feature=mhsn
11/21/12 6:38 PM
joshjitsu

Weinstein - You can't expect much from someone that blatantly rips off the market leader.
Lol, butt hurt? Is Marcelo your uncle? Phone Post
11/21/12 6:40 PM
Beeran
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Top online instructional? Based on what?
11/21/12 10:12 PM
Ninjaplata
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the replies!

I chose to sign up for Mendes over MG because I am a 5'9" featherweight, so my style is more like the Mendes bros.

I only want a month right now because I can only learn so much so fast. So for this month I'm only concerned with learning the leg drag. so I'm going to study, drill, and play with that for this month and as long as I need until it's a reactive part of my game. Then I will sign up for another month, in a few months, and learn the next thing I want to add to my game.

online training on a budget.

That's why I want to be able to manually manage my subscription.
11/22/12 5:26 PM
Bjjudo

I have an account at both mginaction and as of yesterday mendes bros online.

First off ill say I'm not resubbing to mendes bros for at least 6 months after this first month.

The site is REALLY slow, and buggy. Search nogi, get to the 2nd page and as soon as I hit 3rd it goes to the 3rd page, of all techniques. Does this every time.

There is no good rolls on the site, just rafa basically getting mount or the back and stalling with maybe one or 2 taps from no one recognizable. MgInaction has him rolling with flow and multiple taps with never any parts that you feel like skipping.

Leaving out moves, its fairly noticeable they leave out a few moves and don't post up everything on mendes bros online. Especially in the rolling section.

Also why is it not just called rafa mendes online? There is literally only 1 video with gui I saw.

Extremely extremely disappointed in it Phone Post
11/22/12 6:01 PM
Ninjaplata

is there a direct email to cancel for next month? like I said i emailed them through the site function but no response yet. Phone Post
11/22/12 8:46 PM
joelovesfishin
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HolyAvengerP5 - 
Bjjudo -  I have an account at both mginaction and as of yesterday mendes bros online.

First off ill say I'm not resubbing to mendes bros for at least 6 months after this first month.

The site is REALLY slow, and buggy. Search nogi, get to the 2nd page and as soon as I hit 3rd it goes to the 3rd page, of all techniques. Does this every time.

There is no good rolls on the site, just rafa basically getting mount or the back and stalling with maybe one or 2 taps from no one recognizable. MgInaction has him rolling with flow and multiple taps with never any parts that you feel like skipping.

Leaving out moves, its fairly noticeable they leave out a few moves and don't post up everything on mendes bros online. Especially in the rolling section.

Also why is it not just called rafa mendes online? There is literally only 1 video with gui I saw.

Extremely extremely disappointed in it Phone Post

what crack are you smoking?

not sure what you mean with rolls and not showing stuff. I don't think they are editing the rolls. they just opened there school in june or july, so they do not have a ton of higher belts, plus you don't have guys coming in all the time like you do at marcelo's. on the MG vs conrinha roll they only show a few minutes of it and not the full thing for sure. you have to remember that both parties in the roll want to have their film on the website. also, mg has a ton more "famous" people drop in. but it is a bummer there have been no rafa vs gui rolls, but you still learn quite a bit from the rolls that are on the site if you watch.

mbo has been up since august, MG has been up like 4 years or so.

as far as the instruction goes, i do not think they are holding back and have already done a lot of vids on shit they use (leg drags in particular and that anaconda rafa hit in adcc)

they have 112 vids, but they will only put up 6 vids a week with 1 being a roll. no doubt mg crushes that in terms of volume.

as far as complaining about rafa doing most of the vids, i am going to say that you have not watched too much of the vids from this website period.
rafa is WAY better at instruction (on the vids anyway) that gui is. not even close.

as far as searching and shit. I never had a video buffer problem, but i never use the search either. I download all the videos and watch them from my hard drive.

content means more to me than anything. could give a shit about layout or search (just the way i am)

You can download the videos? That's a pretty sweet feature. Good to know.

I'm still gonna wait a while until they workout the bugs and add more content.

11/22/12 9:03 PM
joshjitsu

Here's the deal IMO

MB has way better instruction and already has a much more diverse selection of techniques. But that's it. MG has "in action" the site works flawlessly, and they hold NOTHING back. I have seen MG get tapped multiple times on there, which says a lot about the integrity of the MGinAction site as a whole. I canceled my MB online and went back to MG. Phone Post
11/22/12 11:11 PM
joshjitsu

HolyAvengerP5 - ^^ you can download from mg with download helper (free firefox addon) and from mbo with Replay Media Catcher ($35)

neither site has a "download" button

i really doubt that rafa is getting tapped by anyone that he rolls with at AOJ (other than gui). Now, maybe if they have a mundials camp yeah he would get tapped but I doubt either site would show too much of a mundial camp video.
That's fine but they don't show him in any even slightly competitive rolls. Show him and Gui, or other people that pass through.

The only one I really enjoyed was GUI training with G,Grippo Phone Post
11/22/12 11:36 PM
H
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally I watch Mendes bros for instruction and mginaction for rolls. Phone Post
11/23/12 12:39 AM
joshjitsu

H - Personally I watch Mendes bros for instruction and mginaction for rolls. Phone Post
That's really the best way, but I would like to see the techniques I am learning in action. Which is what makes MG's so nice. Even though the it seems like the content is basically the same thing over and over. I wish MG would have more of Paul,Henrique , and even Ryan Hall teaching and rolling together as well. Phone Post
11/23/12 1:33 AM
joelovesfishin

joshjitsu - 
H - Personally I watch Mendes bros for instruction and mginaction for rolls. Phone Post
That's really the best way, but I would like to see the techniques I am learning in action. Which is what makes MG's so nice. Even though the it seems like the content is basically the same thing over and over. I wish MG would have more of Paul,Henrique , and even Ryan Hall teaching and rolling together as well. Phone Post

That's a fantastic idea! You should mention it on the MGinAction forums and see what they say.

11/23/12 10:55 AM
pbody
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joshjitsu - 
HolyAvengerP5 - ^^ you can download from mg with download helper (free firefox addon) and from mbo with Replay Media Catcher ($35)

neither site has a "download" button

i really doubt that rafa is getting tapped by anyone that he rolls with at AOJ (other than gui). Now, maybe if they have a mundials camp yeah he would get tapped but I doubt either site would show too much of a mundial camp video.
That's fine but they don't show him in any even slightly competitive rolls. Show him and Gui, or other people that pass through.

The only one I really enjoyed was GUI training with G,Grippo Phone Post

In general I agree, however they have put up a couple of videos of Rafa sparring with Jason Manly, who is a very good black belt. They've also put up one of his rolls from his last ADCC camp in Brazil at Claudio Calasans' club, which was very good and seemed to be quite competitive. It would be nice to have more of this type of stuff though.

Their instruction is fantastic though. I feel like the guard passing videos alone have made it worthwhile for me to subscribe.

11/23/12 12:50 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will stick with mg for a while, just to good overall

A lot of the newer vids have more to them then the old ones, new twists on the "same techniques", maybe after mb gets more content and works out the bugs, Rafael teaches great details from what I have seen

I very underrated site is Eddies MTS, only 5 a month with a lot t of techniques
11/23/12 3:41 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Raf vs Marcelo is what I wanna see Phone Post
11/23/12 8:06 PM
HoldYerGround
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MGiA is leaps above the Mendes Online site.

At MO they barely upload any videos besides instruction and drills. The rolling sessions are against blue belts and the rolls are not chopped up to identify each individual technique like MGiA. The only reason I have MO and not MGiA (anymore) is because I prefer the Mendes game and am an Atos fanboy, otherwise MGiA blows Mendes Online out of the water.

I can't think of a single time I bothered watching a full rolling session (save big names) or watched Marcelo teach, why would you!? You can watch him do a single x guard sweep for an hour straight on 50 different opponents IN ACTION! The Mendes site pales in comparison.
11/24/12 1:28 AM
joshjitsu

Mr positive -
joshjitsu -  Here's the deal IMO

MB has way better instruction and already has a much more diverse selection of techniques. But that's it. MG has "in action" the site works flawlessly, and they hold NOTHING back. I have seen MG get tapped multiple times on there, which says a lot about the integrity of the MGinAction site as a whole. I canceled my MB online and went back to MG. Phone Post

How is the instruction on MB way better than MG? Only have MG and am thinking about getting MB.
Marcelo is an amazing practitioner. The best ever in my opinion, but I will say that his teaching ability leaves a lot to be desired. Rafa and GUI are both very detailed and their instruction is very very good.

Just my opinion, but it might be that Jiu Jitsu is just much simpler to MG and that's why his teaching style is that way.

That said, right now I am only a MGinAction member, but I will be rejoining MB in a couple months. Phone Post
11/24/12 3:03 AM
joelovesfishin

The few videos I've seen on MB the instruction is very detailed. Too detailed for my preferences. 11:00 instruction on how to do an Anaconda Choke was too much for me. I was zoning out at 4:00. Not to say their instruction isn't good, it's just too long for me.

16 hours ago
Ignore | Quote | Vo
11/24/12 4:22 AM
drx604
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does galvao's site stack up against mginaction and mendes bros? Phone Post
11/24/12 9:10 AM
kying418
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/12 9:12 AM
I really enjoy both Marcelo and Rafa's teaching method (I have watched a couple of Rafa's vids on youtube).

Marcelo has a more direct approach, often leaving out small details.

If you watch people do moves in class, right after the instructor teaches it, you will notice even high level belts (purple- black belts), that don't even do the move correctly..at least initially, until the teacher comes by and helps them.

I'm positive the Marcelo is aware of this- and doesnt see the need to fill their head with even smaller details, when they may be confused with the basic movements of the technique.

On the plus side, he constantly teaches the same type of movements, adding more details and refinements, as he sees his students making mistakes with them in training and in competition.

On the other hand, while I think Rafa teaches a ton of details- way too much for a normal classroom setting- it is great for a video, where you can go back and listen to all of his smaller details and add them to your game.

In the spirit of the holiday season, I say we just all get along. Both MG and Rafa Mendes rule (of course, MG rules more)
11/24/12 10:13 AM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoa marcelo got tapped on there? haha i never saw that... by who?
11/24/12 1:19 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcelo has tapped a couple times on the site, he just taps, jumps/slides right to a hand shake and keeps rolling, never slows down
11/24/12 11:16 PM
joshjitsu

Baroquen Record - 

whoa marcelo got tapped on there? haha i never saw that... by who?

Batista, Ryan Hall, Josh Watkins, I can't think of anyone else right now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.