| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/25/12 3:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bjjudo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joshjitsu -
Mr positive -
joshjitsu -  Here's the deal IMO

MB has way better instruction and already has a much more diverse selection of techniques. But that's it. MG has "in action" the site works flawlessly, and they hold NOTHING back. I have seen MG get tapped multiple times on there, which says a lot about the integrity of the MGinAction site as a whole. I canceled my MB online and went back to MG. Phone Post

How is the instruction on MB way better than MG? Only have MG and am thinking about getting MB.
Marcelo is an amazing practitioner. The best ever in my opinion, but I will say that his teaching ability leaves a lot to be desired. Rafa and GUI are both very detailed and their instruction is very very good.

Just my opinion, but it might be that Jiu Jitsu is just much simpler to MG and that's why his teaching style is that way.

That said, right now I am only a MGinAction member, but I will be rejoining MB in a couple months. Phone Post
Exact opposite for me.

Marcelo gets right to the point providing 2-4 moves in 4-10 minutes of video.

Mendes bros ramble on for 11:30 on how to do 1 anaconda. Phone Post
11/26/12 9:50 AM
joshjitsu

http://youtu.be/Tq37eYpCgPw

Slap discount??? Phone Post
11/26/12 12:49 PM
Tango_MF
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJudo - Exact opposite for me.

Mendes bros ramble on for 11:30 on how to do 1 anaconda

I like Marcelo's instruction a lot. Even though it's brief I get enough of a general understanding to put the technique into practice right away. The details can be added as your technique progresses. Also Marcelo's rolls are fun to watch.

I think the Mendes brothers instruction is great when you already know the basics of a technique. In ONLY 11 minutes Rafa can impart so many details that can take your technique to the next level. It might be a bit much for a beginner, but if your goal is to have the best Jiu Jitsu possible, than an 11 minute investment of your time is well worth it.

11/26/12 7:21 PM
Drew Foster
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bjjudo - 
joshjitsu -
Mr positive -
joshjitsu -  Here's the deal IMO

MB has way better instruction and already has a much more diverse selection of techniques. But that's it. MG has "in action" the site works flawlessly, and they hold NOTHING back. I have seen MG get tapped multiple times on there, which says a lot about the integrity of the MGinAction site as a whole. I canceled my MB online and went back to MG. Phone Post

How is the instruction on MB way better than MG? Only have MG and am thinking about getting MB.
Marcelo is an amazing practitioner. The best ever in my opinion, but I will say that his teaching ability leaves a lot to be desired. Rafa and GUI are both very detailed and their instruction is very very good.

Just my opinion, but it might be that Jiu Jitsu is just much simpler to MG and that's why his teaching style is that way.

That said, right now I am only a MGinAction member, but I will be rejoining MB in a couple months. Phone Post
Exact opposite for me.

Mendes bros ramble on for 11:30 on how to do 1 anaconda. Phone Post

That anaconda choke is actually covered in more like 5 minutes. It's just that it's covered again, only more briefly, and then a quick Q&A follows.

As with MG's instruction, you can get a lot more than just the choke. Between the lines there are great details in there for passing the half, controlling distance, the front headlock in general, etc.

11/26/12 9:49 PM
joshjitsu

HolyAvengerP5 -
joshjitsu -  http://youtu.be/Tq37eYpCgPw

Slap discount??? Phone Post

just be thankful that didn't happen at a diner
I thank my lucky stars daily. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.