UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> pp really believe silva closer to GSP than bones ?

11/21/12 1:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"ummm.soares said before the bonnar fight that anderson was cutting weight.."

lots of people use "cutting" and "dieting" interchangeably. To me, "cutting" refers to weight that you will gain back  between the weighin and the fight, but that's clearly not how everyone uses the word. 

11/21/12 1:23 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 11/21/12 1:23 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

ummm.soares said before the bonnar fight that anderson was cutting weight...he also previously said gsp would be crazy to fight anderson since anderson weights 230

and if its so played out..y do u keep posting? have to defend yourman's honor? lol

LMAO @ you ever talking about anyone posting on the subject. YOU make the threads, and YOU make the false statements. You're obsessed in a NEGATIVE way. At least my obsession is positive and I look at facts and reality.

198 vs Sonnen

202 on the scale vs Bonnar

194 a full month before the Maia fight

muffin top and chubby on the scale for 205 fights

You're right though, he must be totally dehydrated and regaining massive weight when he fights at 205....lol

11/21/12 1:23 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus, your logic has no place in a Goku thread.

Enjoy your vote up, brotha.
11/21/12 1:26 PM
orcus

"use your eyes and brain"

Your eyes tell you that picture of no definition, pudgy Anderson is a man who has cut significant amount of weight and will blow back up by fight time?

Your brain tells you that a man who was on the scale at 182 for a 185 fight must be closer to a guy who is 224 at fight time than a guy who is 188+ at fight time? Exactly how much does your brain suggest Anderson gained back after weighin?

11/21/12 1:27 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - 

anderson has to cut to make 205..he also rehydrats..i dont know the amount but according to vinny anderson walks around at 215+

You are wrong. Also, what they "walk around" at means nothing.

A guy who comes in at 202 on the scale and says himself he will be ~205 in the cage is not "rehydrating".

u really believe anderson is 205 in the cage when he fights at 205?

Yes. "Use your eyes"

You really believe a guy that is dehydrating water weight has a muffin top and no definition in his core on the scale at 202? You clearly have NEVER cut weight before in your life.

uhhh..actually i have cut weight since i was wrestling in 6th grade....do u understand that you can have a muffin top and no definition and still have cut weight? are you being serious now or trolling?

11/21/12 1:28 PM

orcus - 

lots of people use "cutting" and "dieting" interchangeably. To me, "cutting" refers to weight that you will gain back  between the weighin and the fight, but that's clearly not how everyone uses the word. 

ok..ill give u that distinction..i agree...

but do you agree that anderson both diets AND cuts weight when he fights at 205?

11/21/12 1:29 PM
orcus

As an experienced weightcutter, did you make a habit of overcutting by 3lb, as Anderson has apparently done twice now?

11/21/12 1:29 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

^^^^^ I am being serious. You CAN, but there is no reason for Anderson specifically to WANT to dehydrate and rehydrate himself. It is CLEAR AS DAY that he gets under the 200 mark just with a clean diet and exercise. Compare that photo to ANY of his weigh ins for 185 and "use your eyes"...lol

11/21/12 1:30 PM

orcus - 

"use your eyes and brain"

Your eyes tell you that picture of no definition, pudgy Anderson is a man who has cut significant amount of weight and will blow back up by fight time?

Your brain tells you that a man who was on the scale at 182 for a 185 fight must be closer to a guy who is 224 at fight time than a guy who is 188+ at fight time? Exactly how much does your brain suggest Anderson gained back after weighin?

get out of here with this no definition, pudgy hyper-spin nonsense...u are telling me this is pudgy and no definition?

11/21/12 1:31 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 11/21/12 1:32 PM

^^^^ LMAO that top photo is from OKAMI at 185. Thanks for proving my point. Even from the back in the Bonnar photo you can see the muffin top...

orcus - 

As an experienced weightcutter, did you make a habit of overcutting by 3lb, as Anderson has apparently done twice now?

no..but i was not cutting large amounts of weight...people have overcut weight many many many times in history..its not a unique phenomenon

orcus

orcus - 

ok..ill give u that distinction..i agree...

but do you agree that anderson both diets AND cuts weight when he fights at 205?

I don't think he cuts weight. Maybe a pound or two to make sure he hits the scale at the limit. Possibly for the short notice ones he may have had to, since he didn't have time to get in proper shape, but the 202 weighin suggests even that is unlikely. 

He looks the same in the fight as on the scale. 

11/21/12 1:32 PM
Foob
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the truth is, GSP isnt close to A. Silvas weight, and Andy isn't close to JBJs weight. simple as that
11/21/12 1:32 PM
Gin Tonic
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess - 

this thread is now hot chicks

Voted Up
11/21/12 1:33 PM

my mistake, here he is at 153...what an obese slob! need to call in medivac to get him out of bed!!!

11/21/12 1:33 PM
orcus

orcus - 

no..but i was not cutting large amounts of weight...people have overcut weight many many many times in history..its not a unique phenomenon

I would think it would be extremely rare for a professional athlete with a full team of full-time trainers, nutritionists, and managers. How often do we see it? 

Anderson has never, not once, been even a half pound OVER weight. Yet he has come in 3lb UNDER on two occasions.

Literally all the proven data we have suggests what his team says is true. And literally nothing suggests they are lying, except maybe your personal opinion as to how he LOOKS.

11/21/12 1:34 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

my mistake, here he is at 153...what an obese slob! need to call in medivac to get him out of bed!!!

For an expert on weight cutting you sure are not "using your eyes" if you cannot see the difference in definition between his 205 and 185 weigh ins. There is easily 10+ pounds of fat visible betwen the photos.

11/21/12 1:35 PM
orcus

Why would he be obese, he was only 202lb? He clearly doesn't look as ripped or drawn out as anyone else known to cut weight, though.

11/21/12 1:40 PM
orcus

Why does every thread on Anderson become all about pictures and opinions on what he looks like?

Isn't there a reason that MMA, like every single sport in human history that divides competitors by "size", uses WEIGHT as the determining factor?

Even if Anderson cuts weight at 205 and comes in the ring at 225, who gives a fuck? He is offering to fight GSP at 177, not at 205. 

Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goku makes thread asking if people really believe Anderson is closer to GSP in size than Jon Jones.

Lists evidence that suggests Anderson IS closer in size in GSP than he is to Jon Jones.

Thread fail

for comparison, bj penn at 155...not everyone is ripped and shredded...look at their frames fellas...the fact that you are even debating this is laugable...

11/21/12 1:42 PM

orcus - 

Why does every thread on Anderson become all about pictures and opinions on what he looks like?

Isn't there a reason that MMA, like every single sport in human history that divides competitors by "size", uses WEIGHT as the determining factor?

Even if Anderson cuts weight at 205 and comes in the ring at 225, who gives a fuck? He is offering to fight GSP at 177, not at 205. 

the point of this thread is who is closer in size..thats all..im not talking about a 5 5 bodybuilder that weighs 250...im talking frames....it seems people actually believe that anderson is closer in size as a general matter to gsp..that is not true...

11/21/12 1:44 PM

Goderson Silva - 

for comparison, bj penn at 155...not everyone is ripped and shredded...look at their frames fellas...the fact that you are even debating this is laugable...

BJ could make 145 easily.

Stop posting you're embarrasing yourself.

bj himself said it would be impossible

11/21/12 1:47 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/21/12 1:48 PM

As far as I'm concerned, Anderson is closer to being LHW size than GSP is to being MW size.

- Since Silva has fought at 205, and looked every bit as big (muscular also) as one of the biggest LHW's around.

Carefully selected/massaged stats from historic fights & word of mouth aren't going to change that.

Especially since NOONE here has seen any of these fighters weigh in on fight day. Noone.

None of this matters. Anderson would much rather fight Georges.

And I don't think anyone can really blame him for that.

Plus it looks like the fight is becoming a real possibility, as well as my long awaited pay day, from 'TuckNpray' : )

11/21/12 1:48 PM
ufc98newb
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there is a pic in "why i fight" where bj has a full six pack at 145. the guy could be ripped and shredded, but you know damn well the way he lives and eats prevents that

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.