UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> pp really believe silva closer to GSP than bones ?

11/21/12 1:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
orcus - 

Why does every thread on Anderson become all about pictures and opinions on what he looks like?

Isn't there a reason that MMA, like every single sport in human history that divides competitors by "size", uses WEIGHT as the determining factor?

Even if Anderson cuts weight at 205 and comes in the ring at 225, who gives a fuck? He is offering to fight GSP at 177, not at 205. 

the point of this thread is who is closer in size..thats all..im not talking about a 5 5 bodybuilder that weighs 250...im talking frames....it seems people actually believe that anderson is closer in size as a general matter to gsp..that is not true...

Well it is rue if you are looking at the weight they will be in the cage, and also factoring the MASSIVE reach advantage Jones has.

The reach is WAY closer between GSP/Andy and the weight in the cage is also noticably closer. HEIGHT is the only factor that is greater between GSP/Andy compared to Bones.

11/21/12 1:49 PM
orcus

".im talking frames...it seems people actually believe that anderson is closer in size as a general matter to gsp..that is not true..."

Is Carlos Condit closer in size to GSP or to Jon Jones? 

11/21/12 1:51 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

ufc98newb - 

for comparison, bj penn at 155...not everyone is ripped and shredded...look at their frames fellas...the fact that you are even debating this is laugable...

there is a pic in "why i fight" where bj has a full six pack at 145. the guy could be ripped and shredded, but you know damn well the way he lives and eats prevents that

and theres a pic of anderson fighting at 168..in fact, i believe it was posted on this thread

MMALOGIC

The odds makers have more faith in GSP than his supposed fans.

When BJ fought GSP or Matt Hughes, his fans nutted up and supported and believed in him.  GSP's fans have no heart. 

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 

As far as I'm concerned, Anderson is closer to being LHW size than GSP is to being MW size.

- Since Silva has fought at 205, and looked every bit as big (muscular also) as one of the biggest LHW's around.

Carefully selected/massaged stats from historic fights & word of mouth aren't going to change that.

Especially since NOONE here has seen any of these fighters weigh in on fight day. Noone.

None of this matters. Anderson would much rather fight Georges.

And I don't think anyone can really blame him for that.

Plus it looks like the fight is becoming a real possibility, as well as my long awaited pay day, from 'TuckNpray' : )

The fact that you honestly belive that Anderson looked "every bit as big (muscular also)" as Forrest or Bonnar speaks volumes to what you know....

What "pay day" are you talking about btw? I have a terrible memory.

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

orcus - 

".im talking frames...it seems people actually believe that anderson is closer in size as a general matter to gsp..that is not true..."

carlos has a very narrow frame so i would say gsp...

11/21/12 1:52 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

orcus - 

In for a terrible troll response from Goku on this. LMAO Condit and Anderson have almost identical frames...

11/21/12 1:52 PM
orcus

"Carefully selected/massaged stats from historic fights & word of mouth aren't going to change that."

lol @ carefully selected and massaged. What on earth are you talking about? 

"Especially since NOONE here has seen any of these fighters weigh in on fight day. Noone."

We saw Anderson weigh 191 two days before weighin against Okami, while Okami weighed 195 the day before weighin.

The skepticism over these weights is hilarious. It's like you guys don't believe that guys can LOOK the same size or bigger while WEIGHING less. 

11/21/12 1:53 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 11/21/12 1:53 PM
orcus - 

He has the same exact reach and height as Anderson....lmao @ "narrow". Orcus, can you post the pics of them poth since photos seem to be the only thing Goku believes?

11/21/12 1:54 PM
orcus

orcus - 

If his frame is narrow how on earth does he have the same wingspan as Anderson? Are his arms much longer than Anderson's to make up for his narrower shoulders?

11/21/12 1:55 PM
orcus

Photobucket Photobucket

These guys are just classic. They are ALL about appearance and pictures until you post ones that contradict them.

11/21/12 1:58 PM
orcus

Holy fuck Carlos's frame is comparable to Jon Jones who is a HW!!!

Dominick Cruz and Jon Jones - UFC on Fox:  Live Heavyweight Championship

11/21/12 1:58 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rofl at this thread. So much fail in such a short period of time.
11/21/12 2:00 PM
orcus

Edited: 11/21/12 2:06 PM

When is Carlos and his huge frame moving to HW where he belongs???

condit nelson

11/21/12 2:00 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Dominic looks so awkward in that photo!!!! So funny :)

11/21/12 2:03 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/21/12 2:04 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - 
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 

As far as I'm concerned, Anderson is closer to being LHW size than GSP is to being MW size.

- Since Silva has fought at 205, and looked every bit as big (muscular also) as one of the biggest LHW's around.

Carefully selected/massaged stats from historic fights & word of mouth aren't going to change that.

Especially since NOONE here has seen any of these fighters weigh in on fight day. Noone.

None of this matters. Anderson would much rather fight Georges.

And I don't think anyone can really blame him for that.

Plus it looks like the fight is becoming a real possibility, as well as my long awaited pay day, from 'TuckNpray' : )

The fact that you honestly belive that Anderson looked "every bit as big (muscular also)" as Forrest or Bonnar speaks volumes to what you know....

What "pay day" are you talking about btw? I have a terrible memory.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1958353&page=1

11/21/12 2:06 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 11/21/12 2:06 PM

Thanks for the link. Can you jsut tell me what we bet so I don't have to scan the 15 pages???lol

EDIT: NvM found it. You can set the dollar amount. Keep it under 500 please. No odds.

11/21/12 2:07 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LayNprayNINJA - 
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - ^^ I'll give you evens and you can name the amount.

Deal. Let's wait and see IF GSP is ever ready....I'll keep it under a hundski for you, out of pity :-)
11/21/12 2:09 PM
orcus

Edited: 11/21/12 2:10 PM

Ripped Carlos vs Blob Werdum, Zuffa make it happen.

condit werdum

...and that's Carlos on the scale at 170! My god, imagine if he put on 45lb to rival Anderson's supposed weight at his 205 fights! Is Carlos vs JDS in the cards???

11/21/12 2:13 PM
ufc98newb
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb - 

for comparison, bj penn at 155...not everyone is ripped and shredded...look at their frames fellas...the fact that you are even debating this is laugable...

there is a pic in "why i fight" where bj has a full six pack at 145. the guy could be ripped and shredded, but you know damn well the way he lives and eats prevents that

and theres a pic of anderson fighting at 168..in fact, i believe it was posted on this thread

typically people fighting at their optimal weight are fairly ripped. thus anderson having a 6-pack at 185 and a muffin top at 205. that extra fat isn't making anybody a better fighter. there are obviously exceptions, but given anderson's body of work and his body, he is not one of them. 

11/21/12 2:46 PM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Regarding BJ making 145, he's a pretty big LW even when he's in good shape. Just look at the diff in size between him and Frankie. Not saying he couldnt cut to 145, but it looks like 155 is his optimum weight esp today. He could have maybe fought at FW when he first came to the UFC (believe he won the Mundials at 140 something) but that was a few lbs and hair strands ago.
11/21/12 2:53 PM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Foob - the truth is, GSP isnt close to A. Silvas weight, and Andy isn't close to JBJs weight. simple as that

Yeah, no matter the babble, imo the shocking bottom line is this:

GSP is a WW
Anderson is a MW
JBJ is a LHW
11/21/12 3:02 PM
Wasa-B

ufc98newb - 
Wasa-B - 
MMALOGIC - 

anderson can cut to 177.  he has fought at 167.

Can bones cut to 195? 

And this is Anderson at 167 in 2002. Do you think its likely he can get to this weight again?

fair chance that at that time he was not rehydrating all that much and was actually close to 167. With professional nutritionists and weight cutting experience,now, if he fought at 167 weight class he would probably be significantly bigger than that . 

not saying thats the truth and nothing but the truth, but I think its likely the case

edit: this is purely speculation. I wonder how much he did or did not cut during this time period...I do not have any information that should make me say this likely or not likely

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Anderson there was way smaller than he is today.

Actually, does anyone remember when Anderson made his way to Pride that the CB team used to say that Andy's goal was to put on more weight and fight in K1?
11/21/12 3:15 PM
ufc98newb
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 
ufc98newb - 
Wasa-B - 
MMALOGIC - 

anderson can cut to 177.  he has fought at 167.

Can bones cut to 195? 

And this is Anderson at 167 in 2002. Do you think its likely he can get to this weight again?

fair chance that at that time he was not rehydrating all that much and was actually close to 167. With professional nutritionists and weight cutting experience,now, if he fought at 167 weight class he would probably be significantly bigger than that . 

not saying thats the truth and nothing but the truth, but I think its likely the case

edit: this is purely speculation. I wonder how much he did or did not cut during this time period...I do not have any information that should make me say this likely or not likely

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Anderson there was way smaller than he is today.

Actually, does anyone remember when Anderson made his way to Pride that the CB team used to say that Andy's goal was to put on more weight and fight in K1?

ya obviously smaller than today, where he is reported to fight at 198. but was he fighting near 167-170 or was he cutting down from 175-180 maybe? I'd guess if he had to weigh in at 167 today he would cut from around 185.

11/21/12 3:44 PM
orcus

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Anderson there was way smaller than he is today. Actually, does anyone remember when Anderson made his way to Pride that the CB team used to say that Andy's goal was to put on more weight and fight in K1?"

Yeah, but he was smaller because he was carrying less weight, not because he was smaller framed then. His frame hasn't changed. At least not since his 175 tournament when he was 30 years old. If he says he can make 177, I'm sure he can. He once said he would do it at 170 and I doubt it was something he didn't know he could do.

At the moment I imagine each side is just posturing and negotiating to try to give themselves the best advantage. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.