UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan explains fat ref and Lance Bass comments

11/21/12 6:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ufcman187
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rogan cracks me up. It's not like he said " Lance Bass is trying to get into the UFC so he can get behind some guys and bang bro ".
11/21/12 6:51 PM
BertR

joe's reasoning was dumb because the whole need to call out the guy for being "fat" when he just has a potbelly is dumb. The issue was stupid to bring up but joe had a need or compulsion to criticize the guy so he looked to justify it.
11/21/12 6:52 PM
greg155

the ref is fat and lance bass is gay. bam, just explained it
11/21/12 7:02 PM
behzad

stayrad -
behzad -
Sugar Dick -

Bunch of sensitive pussies. Who cares, that shit was funny

It was funny when i was 13. I grew up, so should u. Phone Post
Are you 14 now? Happy birthday Phone Post
I wish Phone Post
11/21/12 7:03 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

I guess if you live in Africa you would say that guy is fat, I thought he was carrying around a lil too much weight but nothing that would interfere with him taking 3 steps to stop a fight lol
11/21/12 7:05 PM
xXJayRobXx
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it was misinterpreted. Joe was really talkin about a speed factor, getting their in time to signal the end of the fight, usually by making contact with the fighter on the offensive. Not whether or not the ref is strong enough to wrestle a large fighter off another. Phone Post
11/21/12 7:06 PM
xXJayRobXx
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although he shouldn't have made the comments on the air. To which he said wouldn't happen again. Phone Post
11/21/12 7:13 PM
darmy
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Juggernautt -
UGCTT_Benwahwah -

Complete Bullshit on Joe Rogan's part if you ask me. I am fat (the pic of me should prove that), if I was reffing the fight then fair enough.

Ok that guy was biggish but nowhere near as fat as Rogan is making out. He goes on about the guy not being able to stop people from beating each other up but he doesn't question Steve Mazzagatti or Mario Yamasaki who are smaller dudes. I'm pretty sure if the heavy weights wanted to continue fighting there isn't a lot they could do.

So nice try on worming out of it Joe, but I ain't buying it.

I agree on that. No way a tiny dude like yves lavigne gets a fighter to stop who doesnt want to Phone Post
They aren't there to be personnel protection, they're there to ref a fight. If he calls a stop to it and a heavyweight killing machine decides he wants to carry on bludgeoning someone, who the fuck is gonna be able to stop him?

Simple answer, we need ten refs, all in the cage at the same time. Phone Post
11/21/12 7:39 PM
Kostakio
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -

i like that joe is real instead of politically correct

Me too. But you can be real and not insult people unwarrantedly. Just my opinion. Phone Post
11/21/12 7:40 PM
Domenico

FatLoser - Joe Rogan is a terrible comedian bullish, loud, using terrible stereotypes this is just par for the course.

the UFC has a culture of puffed up big men types who are desperate to be domineering and controlling to the "weak". these comments were firstly nonsensical and secondly offensive. but people shouldn't be surprised.
The comments were not nonsensical. Phone Post
11/21/12 7:40 PM
rockfists

Using Joe Rogans logic (I like Joe and his commentary), women refs should not be in there either? Has he mentioned this in air? He is correct though, a woman would have a hard time breaking up two alpha males.

However, Joe is back peddling. The fat joke was a fat joke. If he had a problem with the refs, the ufc has had the female in there more than a few times. Phone Post
11/21/12 8:09 PM
r_o_y

FatLoser - Joe Rogan is a terrible comedian bullish, loud, using terrible stereotypes this is just par for the course.

the UFC has a culture of puffed up big men types who are desperate to be domineering and controlling to the "weak". these comments were firstly nonsensical and secondly offensive. but people shouldn't be surprised.

i think he is pretty funny. Listening to him on pandora is probably the most i have laughed in years. Only joke i thought wasnt funny was something about real men eat pussy or something like that lol
11/21/12 9:15 PM
MattyECB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - 
MattyECB - 
Zed Wayne Zed - Joe came off like a douche that time.

Whatever, still a fan, just needs to watch his mouth like everyone else on TV.

All goods.

I thought he was on point about the gay comment. It was wrong to do because of the medium and that there might be younger people watching, but he said absolutely nothing derogatory or homophobic.
Not a single element of that joke portrayed homosexuals or homosexual sex in a negative light, nor did it imply a discomfort or fear of homosexuals.

I mean if he said that Hendricks' right hand finishes more consistently than a 13 year old's, or that Diaz likes to pound in the pocket harder than a straight man leaving prison, or that Chonan scissors harder than Rachel Maddow -- I wouldn't expect sex-starved teenagers, straight men or lesbians to get offended.

He'd be simply picking a dominant form of sexual activity for each demographic, and making a silly comparison to a fighter.

Well, it did imply that Lance Bass does ass fucking, which is a stereotype. Not all gay dudes do ass fucking. And believe it or not, plenty of straight dudes assfuck. So while I see your point, it was still basically poking fun at the particular stereotype of gay men that Joe happens to buy into.

Yes he's a comedian, we all know this, and he is expected to say shocking stuff in the name of jokes, but when it mixes in with his role as a representative of the sport is where it gets weird.

Huge Rogan fan here, btw.

I get what you're saying fully and absolutely straight people have anal sex too, but you lost me at not all gay people have anal sex...

I mean, not all straight people enjoy anal sex for whatever reason, but if you're homosexual, unless you're a poor soul limiting yourself to oral, you kinda need to be fucking someone's asshole. I'd agree not all gay people get fucked, but you're probably going to be putting your dick in a dude at some point lol

And having had a pretty large amount of gay friends, older sister is a ballet dancer so I've always grown up around homosexuals, I can't say I've met one who only had blowjobs or handies... that would really suck for them :/
11/21/12 9:17 PM
rockafella

Since when did it stop being funny making fun of fat and gay people?

What am I missing here?
11/21/12 9:22 PM
MattyECB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ But not to come off as defending his comments as appropriate, I'm totally on board with this being a stupid thing to say -- which Rogan agreed with.

And as Octowussy mentioned above, I can see someone finding it offensive if they interpreted it as implying that homosexuals are all promiscuous.

I guess I just never think of gay men as wanting to fuck more, just as only being able to fuck other gay men, i.e. fuck anally. So if someone wants to make a mediocre joke about it, meh. Anyways, the funny thing in this thread is almost no one really disagrees lol

Everyone thinks the joke was either mildly funny or mildly offensive, and everyone thinks it was inappropriate lol So I'll stop arguing across people who I actually agree with XD

11/21/12 10:47 PM
thebasher

I thought the gay joke was offensive because that's who they are and their lifestyle whereas fatties choose to be fat and should be targets for fun as a result imho
11/21/12 10:49 PM
32Hunter

DamirioN - lol @ male grandmothers. Awesome.

^
11/21/12 10:52 PM
32Hunter

Joe needs to speak up about female refs then. if he's worried about refs being able to seperate fighters.
11/21/12 11:16 PM
MMARAIDER

<> Phone Post
11/21/12 11:29 PM
ausgepicht

This world is being taken over by weepy vaginas. 

11/21/12 11:46 PM
NavyCorpsman
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do yourselves a favor. Hang up the phone with your Mommy, turn off Glee, push your kitty-cat off your lap and switch out of your tighty-whities so your balls can finally drop ....

IT'S - A - JOKE!!!

Ever heard of Don Rickles? Jesus .... He'd make you Nancy's have a conniption! Phone Post
11/22/12 12:34 AM
ontilt
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On top of that too, he's just bsing, what if the ref looked like Roy Nelson, you would never know that he's actually very athletic and in shape.
11/22/12 12:48 AM
Bentleysuper8
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NavyCorpsman -  Do yourselves a favor. Hang up the phone with your Mommy, turn off Glee, push your kitty-cat off your lap and switch out of your tighty-whities so your balls can finally drop ....

IT'S - A - JOKE!!!

Ever heard of Don Rickles? Jesus .... He'd make you Nancy's have a conniption! Phone Post

How did you know I was watching Glee? Fin is so misunderstood.
11/22/12 12:49 AM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm personally going to stop eating Corn Nuts forever.

I'm just that upset/offended.
11/22/12 12:51 AM
HexRei

Edited: 11/22/12 12:58 AM
MattyECB - 
HexRei - 
MattyECB - 
Zed Wayne Zed - Joe came off like a douche that time.

Whatever, still a fan, just needs to watch his mouth like everyone else on TV.

All goods.

I thought he was on point about the gay comment. It was wrong to do because of the medium and that there might be younger people watching, but he said absolutely nothing derogatory or homophobic.
Not a single element of that joke portrayed homosexuals or homosexual sex in a negative light, nor did it imply a discomfort or fear of homosexuals.

I mean if he said that Hendricks' right hand finishes more consistently than a 13 year old's, or that Diaz likes to pound in the pocket harder than a straight man leaving prison, or that Chonan scissors harder than Rachel Maddow -- I wouldn't expect sex-starved teenagers, straight men or lesbians to get offended.

He'd be simply picking a dominant form of sexual activity for each demographic, and making a silly comparison to a fighter.

Well, it did imply that Lance Bass does ass fucking, which is a stereotype. Not all gay dudes do ass fucking. And believe it or not, plenty of straight dudes assfuck. So while I see your point, it was still basically poking fun at the particular stereotype of gay men that Joe happens to buy into.

Yes he's a comedian, we all know this, and he is expected to say shocking stuff in the name of jokes, but when it mixes in with his role as a representative of the sport is where it gets weird.

Huge Rogan fan here, btw.

I get what you're saying fully and absolutely straight people have anal sex too, but you lost me at not all gay people have anal sex...

I mean, not all straight people enjoy anal sex for whatever reason, but if you're homosexual, unless you're a poor soul limiting yourself to oral, you kinda need to be fucking someone's asshole. I'd agree not all gay people get fucked, but you're probably going to be putting your dick in a dude at some point lol

And having had a pretty large amount of gay friends, older sister is a ballet dancer so I've always grown up around homosexuals, I can't say I've met one who only had blowjobs or handies... that would really suck for them :/

There's poop in there, dude. Not all gay dudes (or people in general) are down with poop. All I'm sayin', lol.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.