UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gegard Mousasi Says He's UFC Bound, Can Beat Anyon

11/21/12 4:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tom O'BentOverByFitch
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - 
caposa -

Interesting, just read that he's fighting Mike Kyle at the final Strikeforce in January. Can't wait to see him in the UFC

Was unaware of that. I'd rather see him in the UFC at 185 though. But I'm sure he could use the fight to stay active and improve. Phone Post

He's said multiple times there is no way for him to make 185 anymore.

11/21/12 5:01 PM
Jons Forsberg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gee I must be on crack!! wish I heard this news 2007 but better late than never.
11/21/12 5:02 PM
Jons Forsberg

can he still make 185? scrap all the Anderson superfights and give this man an instant title shot, and I could care less if he's earned it.
11/21/12 5:10 PM
MdGeist

Been waiting along time for this guy to return, can't wait to see him in the UFC. A Shogun fight will be perfect to show off what he's capable of.

This guy is a legitimate threat Jones but I think he's got an even better chance at taking out Anderson. Hope he drops down to MW eventually.

11/21/12 5:16 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

love it!

11/21/12 5:28 PM
honeyman
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to see mousasi in action again. Really hope he goes to the UFC soon. Phone Post
11/21/12 5:28 PM
Loser Born Natural
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very interested! Phone Post
11/21/12 5:32 PM
caseharts
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The dream catcher returns. :)

Phone Post
11/21/12 5:47 PM
Delightone
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is this Anyon you speak of. Phone Post
11/21/12 5:54 PM
Tolstolobic

Looking forward to it! Phone Post
11/21/12 6:03 PM
THP

Wishful thinking to believe in this guy
11/21/12 6:16 PM
Harmon Whistler
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to believe he just turned 27 in Sept and has already had so many fights.. I think if you count his kickboxing/boxing fights, he has nearly 60.. just unreal.

11/21/12 6:39 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let him retire Franklin. Then he beats Shogun or Gus. Only people in the division he struggles against are Rashad, Phil, Bader, and Jones. Phone Post
11/21/12 6:40 PM
Rahjai
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm ready for this!!!!! long time coming, he will be a beast if he joins a good team and works on his wrestling!
11/21/12 6:41 PM
orcus

Neil McCauley - gegard is like nick diaz, too dangerous on the feet, too dangerous off his back, one of the best pound for pound fighters on the planet and will only lose via crooked top "control" judge decisions.

Except when guys like Jones or Shogun take him down and pound his head in.

11/21/12 6:45 PM
fuckingkimura

He wants none of the monsters at LHW if he struggles to wrestle with Keith Jardine Phone Post
11/21/12 6:48 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's what they all say then they go 2-2, 1-3, 2-3 etc. Phone Post
11/21/12 6:51 PM
Neil McCauley

orcus - 
Neil McCauley - gegard is like nick diaz, too dangerous on the feet, too dangerous off his back, one of the best pound for pound fighters on the planet and will only lose via crooked top "control" judge decisions.

has anyone ever damaged mousasi on the feet or on the ground before? Didnt shogun just have a life and death battle with brandon vera? I would favor jones over mousasi, but i wouldnt be confident in anyone else beating him (im not talking winning decision while getting beat up ala king mo either).
11/21/12 6:54 PM
greg155

awesome
11/21/12 6:57 PM
Neil McCauley

FlaccidJoe Isn't Elite - 
Neil McCauley - 
orcus - 

has anyone ever damaged mousasi on the feet or on the ground before? Didnt shogun just have a life and death battle with brandon vera? I would favor jones over mousasi, but i wouldnt be confident in anyone else beating him (im not talking winning decision while getting beat up ala king mo either).

Jones, Rashad, Machida, Shogun, Davis, Little Nog, Gustafsson, and Glover would and should all be favorites over Mousasi.

Mousasi ko's these guys, submits them, or takes no damage while beating them up to a decision loss.
11/21/12 7:00 PM
caseharts
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

I think mousasi is a better grappler. But that's just an opinion. I think shogun had underrated wrestling. We saw it against his last few opponents. Phone Post
11/21/12 7:14 PM
MdGeist

FlaccidJoe Isn't Elite - 
Neil McCauley - 
orcus - 

Jones, Rashad, Machida, Shogun, Davis, Little Nog, Gustafsson, and Glover would and should all be favorites over Mousasi.

If he were to fight Shogun and absolutely destroys him, which I would expect him to do, he would more than likely be the favorite in all of those matches except Jones.

11/21/12 7:16 PM
orcus

Neil McCauley - 
orcus - 

Brandon Vera actually has takedown defense.

Who has taken Mousasi down who has any kind of GnP? Shogun knocks guys out on the ground and Jones breaks their faces or submits them, Mousasi has never had to deal with that kind of thing.

Mousasi's awesome but at least up to this point, he has shown some big holes in his game imo.

11/21/12 7:18 PM
orcus

By the way I wouldn't mind seeing Mousasi against Vera. Although I hope they throw him in with the best right away.

11/21/12 7:26 PM
Neil McCauley

orcus - 
Neil McCauley - 
orcus - 

Brandon Vera actually has takedown defense.

Who has taken Mousasi down who has any kind of GnP? Shogun knocks guys out on the ground and Jones breaks their faces or submits them, Mousasi has never had to deal with that kind of thing.

Mousasi's awesome but at least up to this point, he has shown some big holes in his game imo.

brandon vera was outwrestled by jardine in their fight, yet jardine struggled to take mousasi down, couldnt keep him down and got beat up for trying.

King mo certainly has some GNP. He just put a savage rape choke gnp clinic on lorenz larkin.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.