UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gegard Mousasi Says He's UFC Bound, Can Beat Anyon

11/21/12 7:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Doc T
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please get him in the ufc I have been waiting years for this !!! Phone Post
11/21/12 7:39 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/21/12 7:41 PM

"Mousasi ko's these guys, submits them, or takes no damage while beating them up to a decision loss."

Who has Mousasi submitted from his back that is worth a shit? If he's not submitting green OSP and Mo he is damn sure not submitting guys like Rashad, Shogun, Rogerio, Lyoto, Davis off his back.

"King mo certainly has some GNP. He just put a savage rape choke gnp clinic on lorenz larkin."

True, not from guard though iirc, and this was two years after the Mousasi fight.

"brandon vera was outwrestled by jardine in their fight, yet jardine struggled to take mousasi down, couldnt keep him down and got beat up for trying."

Compustrike says Jardine went 2 for 4 on takedowns against Vera, while Vera's lone attempt was successful. Against Mousasi, Jardine had been in the middle of his first ever cut to 185 before getting the call to fight Mousasi at 205 on one week's notice, and he still got 6 takedowns.

11/21/12 7:45 PM
Neil McCauley

-Dennis kang is legit black belt = submitted off back in 2 minutes

- jacare is an elite world class blackbelt = ko'd off back in 2 minutes

- Yes it was from the guard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0QDyPFYi9s

- fuck your compustrike stats im using my memory!
11/21/12 8:12 PM
pi6el

So many exciting fights for Mousasi in the UFC. I really want to see him at 185 though
11/21/12 8:23 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/21/12 8:48 PM
91W209
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi vs Rampage. Make it happen Dana! Phone Post
11/21/12 8:54 PM
Neil McCauley

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

even though this ufc legal strike. how many guys could do anything to mousasi with upkicks to a downed opponent? Thats the only thing that kept mo and jardine alive. Anderson is a boss with upkicks off his back as well. We are seriously hindering fighters with that rule.
11/21/12 8:57 PM
orcus

Yeah, Mousasi would be winning by upkick KOs left and right, it's super high percentage.

11/21/12 8:59 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He used upkicks to set up kang too. Best upkicks in the game 

11/21/12 9:00 PM
Theonlyvivid

I think its just a matter of time before Mousasi comes to the UFC. ATTN: Joe Silva/DFW - Bring Mousasi to the UFC man. The LHW or MW div need more contenders. Make it happen!
11/21/12 9:21 PM
JLTECH

I personally thought he beat king mo off his back mo was taking him down but getting beat up from the top position Phone Post
11/21/12 9:27 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

JLTECH -  I personally thought he beat king mo off his back mo was taking him down but getting beat up from the top position Phone Post

Spot on 

11/21/12 9:30 PM
plyme69

Have him start off against cung lee. Phone Post
11/21/12 9:54 PM
ender852
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DJmixmasterMobbie - I don’t feel a lot before the fight or after the fight or during the fight,” Mousasi said. “I don’t have any emotion. I don’t feel a lot. I am a little bit numb.”

stone cold killer

haha, vote up

11/21/12 10:15 PM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil McCauley - gegard is like nick diaz, too dangerous on the feet, too dangerous off his back, one of the best pound for pound fighters on the planet and will only lose via crooked top "control" judge decisions.

Love the guy, long overdue in the UFC but he's not that good off his back and losing via top "control" is like death and taxes in MMA, you better learn to deal with it.
11/21/12 10:20 PM
Chris27

I like that he said he would consider 185 if he lost at LHW.

I like him better at LHW because that adds more contenders for Jones but Mousasi I think could be a serious player at MW.
11/21/12 10:20 PM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil McCauley - -Dennis kang is legit black belt = submitted off back in 2 minutes

Kang is a legit bb, Jacare is one of BJJs best and those were awesome but both happened off transitions from standing into the guard, not saying 'not legit' but i dont think he's come close to making those kind of things happen since (2008) off his back and he's had far lesser guys in terms of BJJ in his guard.

Again, fan of the guy but imo he's not that money off his back. Def not as good as Diaz.
11/21/12 10:22 PM
Wasa-B

orcus - 

Yeah, Mousasi would be winning by upkick KOs left and right, it's super high percentage.

Another way of saying what i was saying.

Kang also kinda walked into that triangle off an upkick or transition from standing into the guard. Again, legit but those were 2 kinda isolated cases.
Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Yeah I've heard rumblings about him and Kyle on that SF card, I say scratch that and get this man in the UFC asap.

Man I cant wait for SF to be over, Feiajo, DC, Mousasi, Jacare, Luke, Kennedy, Gilbert, Nate M and then even solid guys like Gracie, Larkin, OSP, Healy, Punk, some big fights can be made.

I say just scratch that last SF card, fuck it.
. Phone Post
Wasa-B

Anyone know why he wants LHW and not MW. Isnt he a MW?
11/21/12 10:26 PM
Neil McCauley

gotta disagree wasa b and ill never learn to deal with poor judging.

lets keep the gegard train rolling

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4273/gegardtrianglemanhoef.gif
http://imageshack.us/a/img846/9229/gegardpoundsoutbabalu.gif
http://imageshack.us/a/img72/42/gegardmusashi.gif
http://imageshack.us/a/img197/3769/gegardlandsonjardine.gif
http://imageshack.us/a/img528/5276/mousasimo100.gif
http://imageshack.us/a/img546/3650/mousasigoodridge.gif
http://imageshack.us/a/img685/4964/mousasivsmizuno.gif
11/21/12 10:28 PM
RKing85
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gegard will win more than he will lose in the UFC, but I don't think he will ever be champ.
11/21/12 10:34 PM
Neil McCauley

Wasa-B - 
orcus - 

Another way of saying what i was saying.

Kang also kinda walked into that triangle off an upkick or transition from standing into the guard. Again, legit but those were 2 kinda isolated cases.

what about anderson setting up lutter with the upkick into the triangle or nearly taking okamis head off? upkicks to a downed opponent would be a game changer.

gegards been fighting at 205 for a while, but says he would cut to 185 for anderson.
11/21/12 10:40 PM
ender852
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil McCauley - gotta disagree wasa b and ill never learn to deal with poor judging.

lets keep the gegard train rolling

11/21/12 10:43 PM
Neil McCauley

Wasa-B - 
Neil McCauley - -Dennis kang is legit black belt = submitted off back in 2 minutes

Kang is a legit bb, Jacare is one of BJJs best and those were awesome but both happened off transitions from standing into the guard, not saying 'not legit' but i dont think he's come close to making those kind of things happen since (2008) off his back and he's had far lesser guys in terms of BJJ in his guard.

Again, fan of the guy but imo he's not that money off his back. Def not as good as Diaz.

the only time hes been on his back since 2008 was against king mo and jardine. Jardine is a blackbelt with solid grappling, mo a world class wrestler. Both guys had the advantage of no upkicks to down opponents. both guys didnt get finished but got beat up while doing no damage. gegard even got deducted a point for upkicking jardrine. You know he just wanted to kick his face off. I think mousasi got in shit for upkicking mo as well, even though he purposely hit the chest?

Agreed diaz is better. diaz himself has one of, if not the best guards in mma.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.