UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gegard Mousasi Says He's UFC Bound, Can Beat Anyon

11/21/12 11:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ender852
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mousasi is gonna fuck some people up, and a lot of mouth breathers that only know him from the jardine fight will be eating their words.

11/21/12 11:41 PM
ender852
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THAT DOESN'T EXACTLY LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF SOMEBODY WHO DOMINATED

11/21/12 11:43 PM
ender852

Dude looks like a troll or something

11/22/12 12:47 AM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CLINTK9 -
Neil McCauley - gegard is like nick diaz, too dangerous on the feet, too dangerous off his back, one of the best pound for pound fighters on the planet and will only lose via crooked top "control" judge decisions.

This
Yep Phone Post
11/22/12 12:50 AM
sureshock

The sooner the better.

This is GREAT NEWS.

LOOONG time comming.

The guy kills any TUF winner except for Rashad.
11/22/12 1:11 AM
SpiritualElixir

Finally

Mousasi and Vitor are my favorite fighters

No one has beaten Mousasi since he was a kid. King Mo and Keith Jardine are recipients of bad MMA judging. They did not beat or have a draw like Jardine was wrong awarded.

Mousasi is one of the best talents in MMA but he will need to bolster his wrestling. And against Osp he looked like he did.

Also he is out of place for weightclass. He's undersized for Lhw but he don't like feeling he has post weightcut and he's bigger since his skinny days.

Perfect for a 195 weightclass. Tremendous fighter

DasRy Phone Post
11/22/12 1:17 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see saucey fight Vitor. Phone Post
11/22/12 1:18 AM
orcus

"the only time hes been on his back since 2008 was against king mo and jardine."

What about OSP and Sokodjou?

Has anyone who tried been unable to take him down? Maybe Babalu I guess, can't remember if he actually attempted a takedown before getting smashed himself.

11/22/12 1:18 AM
orcus

"the only time hes been on his back since 2008 was against king mo and jardine."

Has anyone who tried been unable to take him down? Maybe Babalu I guess, can't remember if he actually attempted a takedown before getting smashed himself.

11/22/12 3:12 AM
ender852

Gustafsson is gonna pick Shogun apart from range, and Shogun is gonna shoot takedowns and get stuffed. Shogun starts to huff and puff and gets TKOd in the third.
11/22/12 3:34 AM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - Mousasi has all the tools to be a certified killer.

He just needs to quit being so non-chalant.

It's almost as if could care less about being taken down...it he would just turn the aggression up one notch, not many out there could fuck with him.

lol, why do people rarely comment on this? The King Mo fight was bizarre because Mousasi offered so little resistance on the takedowns. He did damage from his back, but not enough to overcome all of the takedowns and top control.

11/22/12 3:42 AM
BertR

really rooting for gegard to do well. It'd be great if he teamed up with Mo/Cormier and worked almost exclusively on tdd
11/22/12 3:52 AM
VitorSuckedBonesToes

Mousasi is a champ. He can do whatever he puts his mind to . No doubt.

11/22/12 4:09 AM
Bucephalus

Neil McCauley - gegard is like nick diaz, too dangerous on the feet, too dangerous off his back, one of the best pound for pound fighters on the planet and will only lose via crooked top "control" judge decisions.

+1
11/22/12 4:42 AM
Neil McCauley

orcus - 

I dont remember osp taking gegard down (did he?), blanked on the sokodjou sorry. The soko fight was weird as gegard initiated all the takedowns (from the clinch no less)which soko stuffed and ended on top of gegard. soko couldnt do any damage, couldnt keep him down, got swept, eventually taken down and pounded out. Just another example of gegards great ability off his back.

Who cares if he gets taken down when he takes no damage and beats up guys off his back. I think i recall Mousasi saying in the past hes never made a concerned effort to defend takedowns and only wanted to start doing it for the american judges. I think he said that after the jardine fight and looked better with his wrestling against OSP no?
11/22/12 5:01 AM
madmav
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome.. 

11/22/12 5:03 AM
AndrewJitsu
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a possible champ when Anderson retires. Phone Post
11/22/12 5:13 AM
IrishMMAFanatic

Love mousasi great fighter don't know about beating anyone but definitely could beat some top ten guys !!!! Phone Post
11/22/12 5:25 AM
spliff
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

would like to see him vs lombard rematch 

11/22/12 5:30 AM
NorthFromHere
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Kyle vs Mousasi in Strikeforce in Jan 2013 says Kyle
11/22/12 5:45 AM
Chappie
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool, I have always been impressed by GM and I am really looking forward to seeing how he does in the UFC. Phone Post
11/22/12 6:06 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
UGCTT_SidRival - Would love to see saucey fight Vitor. Phone Post
like that fight! Phone Post
11/22/12 7:11 AM
TeePeeHaych
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Geg is gonna be a hell of a addition to any division he enters but the level of wrestling in the UFC is something he hasn't faced since Mo...and we all know how that went.
11/22/12 1:27 PM
4thHorsemen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for Mousasi to come to the UFC. I'm sure he'll be one of the top guys at LHW, and could potentially rule the MW division once Silva retires.

As for the people making a big deal about his wrestling, I think he's solid. He is more dangerous off his back than Shogun. Shogun has terrible takedown defense and I think Mousasi's probably better there. Also, Gegard has excellent striking (never gets hurt in a fight). So if Shogun's been near (or at) the top of the LHW division for the past however many years, I don't know how anyone can seriously say Mousasi will be outmatched. He is a better version of today's Shogun in my opinion.
11/22/12 3:55 PM
SpiritualElixir

Mousasi has super talent

NoDoubt Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.