UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> IS JOHNY THE HENDRICKS THE MAN TO BEAT GSP?

11/21/12 3:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BUDDHASPORT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/23/12 11:18 PM

As far as most athletes go in the sport of MMA, there's usually one area he'll excel in. In this case you have Johny Hendricks who's above average at wrestling and has the ability to KO anyone at anytime with one punch. On the other hand you have Georges St Pierre, who's not the very best in one area but damn near perfect in all. If this fight happens, it will push GSP to the limit the same way his fights with Fitch and Condit did and prove he may be the best pound for pound fighter in the world. But it can also end in 16 seconds, with GSP waking up no longer the Champion.

What do you think?

Full article here.....

11/21/12 3:43 PM
BUDDHASPORT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sorry about the font I fixed it.. 

11/21/12 5:47 PM
whowillbetop5in5years
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diego Sanchez has above average wrestling, not Hendricks.

GSP not the best in one area? You sure about that?

Didn't read the rest
11/21/12 5:51 PM
MaliceX
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ above average wrestling as a 2 time NCAA champ...1 runner-up.

I think it is good fight, and a bit more dangerous for GSP than say a Koscheck, but ...GSP still takes it.
11/21/12 5:59 PM
likatiga
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP us the best wrestler at WW without a shadow of a doubt. College credentials mean nothing when facing him. Phone Post
11/21/12 6:03 PM
mmamonstar

College wrestling and wrestling in MMA is way different IMO. GSP takes the decision. Phone Post
11/21/12 6:03 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably not.

11/21/12 6:29 PM
Dazednconfused
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't see Hendricks challenging Gsp. For one his striking is not on the level it needs to be to stand with Gsp. Sure, he has huge power in his left hand, but I don't see him landing it on George. I don't see him stopping the takedown either. George shoots in so quickly after throwing punches that you don't see it coming. It doesn't matter how good your wrestling credentials are. And lastly, he doesn't have a guard good enough to deal with having Gsp on top of him. Phone Post
11/21/12 6:38 PM
Forssberg

Stylistically Hendricks is Koscheck 1.1
Nothing new under the sun.
The jab will do the trick, and GSP will cruise once again to victory.
11/21/12 6:42 PM
Brigham
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks doesn't win a fucking round. People need to get real Phone Post
11/21/12 6:45 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham - Hendricks doesn't win a fucking round. People need to get real Phone Post
/thread Phone Post
11/21/12 6:45 PM
JetSetter

Being the best college wrestler in the history of the world does not mean that you can out wrestle all MMA fighters.

What college wrestler has ever had to worry about a world class jab crushing his nose 20 times in a match? When has he had to defend world class karate kicks to the side of the head? NEVER

Even if Hendricks focused 100% of his focus on avoiding the takedown he will be jabbed into oblivion like Kos did in their second fight.

Outside of a Matt Serra type situation happening to GSP there is really no chance of Hendricks beating him. I really wish they'd throw Hendricks in against Condit because I really believe Condit would KO him and bring him back down to Earth. Phone Post
11/21/12 6:54 PM
Pancake Syrup
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When he knoicked out Kampmann it didn't even look like he landed it clean. I would hate to see what would happen if he connects perfectly....but i think GSP would beat him :(
11/21/12 6:55 PM
Pancake Syrup
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JetSetter -  Being the best college wrestler in the history of the world does not mean that you can out wrestle all MMA fighters.

What college wrestler has ever had to worry about a world class jab crushing his nose 20 times in a match? When has he had to defend world class karate kicks to the side of the head? NEVER

Even if Hendricks focused 100% of his focus on avoiding the takedown he will be jabbed into oblivion like Kos did in their second fight.

Outside of a Matt Serra type situation happening to GSP there is really no chance of Hendricks beating him. I really wish they'd throw Hendricks in against Condit because I really believe Condit would KO him and bring him back down to Earth. Phone Post

That's the same thing i heard Kampmann was going to do to Hendricks and it didn't even last 1 minute
11/21/12 6:57 PM
UGCTT_Blaat
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JetSetter - Being the best college wrestler in the history of the world does not mean that you can out wrestle all MMA fighters.

Fn poetry!! . Phone Post
11/21/12 7:10 PM
ranier wolfcastle
838 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gsp would outstrike him  and take him down like hes done to all his opponents

11/21/12 7:14 PM
cdueck
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kapmann is a guy that banks on being tough and surviving to win the same a Fitch. Both guys are willing to take punishment to win. GSP is not like that I am sure he would prefer to have gone his whole career without having to find out if he was tough or not. Hendricks has a big left hand against GSP that is it and that can be game planned around pretty easy.

11/21/12 7:38 PM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

remember when everyone said thiago alves would ko gsp Phone Post
11/21/12 9:48 PM
gnomejeebus

WWETopTeam - I have a feeling that Hendricks would finish GSP quickly. I don't think he makes it out of the first round. GSP is an all time great, but Hendricks is even better. His power is something that he was born with. Hendricks is a born fighter.

GSP is an athlete who is very good at fighting .
So what does that say about everyone he has beat?

They suck at fighting cause they were beat by an athlete? Phone Post
11/21/12 9:57 PM
aluminum_rooster

um, it says they weren't properly prepared, somewhere
11/21/12 9:58 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

MaliceX - lol @ above average wrestling as a 2 time NCAA champ...1 runner-up.

I think it is good fight, and a bit more dangerous for GSP than say a Koscheck, but ...GSP still takes it.
This.

BUT I REALLY wanna see it Phone Post
11/21/12 10:06 PM
RKing85
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if Hendricks is the man to beat GSP at 170, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did beat him.
11/21/12 10:06 PM
RKing85
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if Hendricks is the man to beat GSP at 170, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did beat him.
11/21/12 10:12 PM
MMALOGIC

Hendricks vs Diaz with winner getting title shot.

11/22/12 1:55 AM
knuckleballs

Hendricks should not make the mistake that Koscheck did and not focus on his wrestling when facing GSP. Hendricks can't rely on his past wrestling cred, for GSP will take his ass down easily if he doesn't mix up his training.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.