UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> My secret to not being sore

11/26/12 3:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MountainMedic
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jessy30 - question for mountain medic: how do you explain then someone who doesnt drink "enough" water yet is, if not flexible to the eddie bravo or checkuroil standard still very flexible for a male, I.e, can put his legs, behind his head and do near splits and straddles?

fwiw I agree with you and feel WAY better WITH water...just curious from a medical standpoint how you would explain that? Phone Post
Well, as my entire position is pure conjecture & based solely on anecdotes & my "gut", I can only reply in the form if a quote from one of my original Paramedic instructors - "Some people are just freaks"

I hope I have been able to answer your question.
:) Phone Post
11/26/12 3:23 PM
ceoJUSTGIPANTSdotCOM
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drinking enough water and eating healthy are both great ways to help reduce soreness (a bad diet will increase inflammation even without training). one additional thing that i do that really helps me to limit soreness is to stay regular (and im not talking about in the can). the more regular my training sessions are the more my body gets used to it and adjusts,for example,instead of being sporadic with my training i make a specific schedule and stick to it. this way my body gets into a routine of working out and resting (its just important to have a schedule for your rest/sleep).hope this helps.
11/26/12 3:29 PM
MountainMedic
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^good point^

I find the best thing I can do after a long day on my xc skis is to get out & do it again

When I was training 4-5 nights a week I was often tired & bruised, but not "sore" like the guy that came for his 2nd class. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.