UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> New Vid. Nick Diaz talks GSP before UFC 154

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/23/12 2:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kickasspoolparty
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't help but love the Diaz brothers but god damn Nick is funny is a funny dude (unintentionally, makes it so much better!!) I really want to see Diaz vs GSP but the Silva fight would be so epic. Torn... Phone Post
11/23/12 2:36 AM
goeb
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor -  Is Diaz/Koscheck confirmed or no? Anyone got that answer. Let's see how Diaz does against the pop warner version of GSP, then we'll have a barometer to measure him by... Phone Post

Exactly...Diaz has yet to prove he can handle an elite wrestler.

His matches as of late have worked in his favour..

Penn, daley, and Condit are primarily strikers, they ain't gonna shoot for takedowns that much.

Koscheck will take him down repeatedly..and my guess is Diaz loses a decision and complains because Koscheck didn't stand with him and his fans negate the loss.

Before Diaz gets a title shot he needs to prove he can handle a wrestler first in my opinion. He still has yet to do that.
11/23/12 2:38 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Fuck he sounds like a dumb ass

Gsp would retire him. Again. Phone Post
11/23/12 2:42 AM
kickasspoolparty

goeb -
Malvert the Janitor -  Is Diaz/Koscheck confirmed or no? Anyone got that answer. Let's see how Diaz does against the pop warner version of GSP, then we'll have a barometer to measure him by... Phone Post

Exactly...Diaz has yet to prove he can handle an elite wrestler.

His matches as of late have worked in his favour..

Penn, daley, and Condit are primarily strikers, they ain't gonna shoot for takedowns that much.

Koscheck will take him down repeatedly..and my guess is Diaz loses a decision and complains because Koscheck didn't stand with him and his fans negate the loss.

Before Diaz gets a title shot he needs to prove he can handle a wrestler first in my opinion. He still has yet to do that.
Speaking on Diaz's wrestling...

Does anyone know who he trains with other than Sheilds/Gil? I always heard about GSP training with Olympic caliber wrestlers. Is Diaz getting that kind of advanced wrestling in at this point? I hope this isn't an ignorant question, I don't know much about his wrestling though. Phone Post
11/23/12 3:34 AM
mclay
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mushroom Slap - both the Diaz boys are pieces of shit.
Bash much??

Not against TOS??

Hopefully you're frozen!! Phone Post
11/23/12 6:32 AM
Malvert the Janitor
1406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Front page news now. Phone Post
11/23/12 9:28 AM
oliveira
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the hell are we not getting this fight? I'd rather see GSP v Diaz over the Anderson match up...Diaz would make the build up entertaining!
11/23/12 9:33 AM
MisterHawkeMMA

I don't get how posting this is considered "disloyal". Diaz wasn't talking about anything private. He was talking shit about someone... as a man, that's something you HAVE to be ok with that person that you are talking about having access to.
11/23/12 9:34 AM
Malvert the Janitor
1406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oliveira - Why the hell are we not getting this fight? I'd rather see GSP v Diaz over the Anderson match up...Diaz would make the build up entertaining!
Didn't we already have the build up to GSP/Diaz? Dana wasn't entertained... Phone Post
11/23/12 10:51 AM
alkysmurf

Diaz needs to fight gsp, he has a chance to beat gsp. Now if you put him in a fight before gsp, make it someone who has not proven their willingness to out on a horrible dishonorable decision win by exploiting the rule set and point fighting.

Why on earth does the ufc and some of you "fans" insist on ruining a potentially epic match between gsp and Diaz.

Can anyone honestly say nick is not one of the most exciting fighters in The game? Phone Post
11/23/12 10:54 AM
kelby

thing about gsp is, everyone knows what he is gonna do. yet they still can't stop him. they know he is going to do single leg or double leg take down. that's it two techniques, but nobody can stop them. he is gonna jab, superman punch, but they can't stop it. diaz is worse than condit. what is he gonna do to gsp.
my hats off to condit, he is probably the next best welterweight next to gsp and fitch.
only one i am worried about for gsp is the texan with ko power, that is sick shit there. gsp we know has a weak equilibrium.(not sure what i am talking about here. lol)
11/23/12 11:24 AM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
11/23/12 11:28 AM
alkysmurf

Lol at condit being better than Diaz, the only thing condit has better than Diaz is wrestling, kicks.

Nick has standup that gsp will want no part of, and gsp is allot more active on top then guys like kos an Fitch, thus creating openings for someone with jits like nicks. Contrary to popular belief, while gsp is very controlling on top, he does much more than LnP, he is usually pretty busy with GnP. in this particular match up I think that will actually hurt him, 25 min is a long time trying to pass nicks guard.

A guy like Hendricks will get dominated by gsp, his wrestling credentials and a wicked left hand aren't going to help him off his back. Or the other direction is mia, and gsp will simply keep that fight standing.

Nick is the biggest threat to gsp's reign. Phone Post
11/23/12 11:56 AM
ufcman187

This is sad. Diaz could be the most popular fighter in the world if he would grow up and quit acting like a high school kid. It's his own fault he didn't get to fight GSP. 1st because of pot and then for losing to Condit. So instead of working his way back to the top, he goes "Chael" and tries talking his way to get a high profile fight. I hope he gets Hendricks next and gets KTFO and grows up.
11/23/12 12:07 PM
alkysmurf

Nick would kill Hendricks. He outboxes him on the feet and subs him off his back. Phone Post
11/23/12 12:35 PM
kelby

i can't see hendricks losing to diaz. condit figured out diaz, and now everyone wil do the same to diaz. with hendricks sick power, and wrestling he can beat diaz. hendrikcs has pretty smooth boxing from what i have seen of him.
11/23/12 12:45 PM
alkysmurf

Diaz easily out boxes Hendricks. He could take nick down, but is his ground game good enough to stop nick from getting back up or landing a submission.

Say what you want but condit won by avoiding that fight. Not many other fighters can/will utilize such a game plan Phone Post
11/23/12 1:02 PM
suess
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alkysmurf -  Diaz easily out boxes Hendricks. He could take nick down, but is his ground game good enough to stop nick from getting back up or landing a submission.

Say what you want but condit won by avoiding that fight. Not many other fighters can/will utilize such a game plan Phone Post

if Condit avoided that fight, nick didn't bother to show up at all.  condit landed more shots, period.  

11/23/12 1:03 PM
Malvert the Janitor

suess -
alkysmurf -  Diaz easily out boxes Hendricks. He could take nick down, but is his ground game good enough to stop nick from getting back up or landing a submission.

if Condit avoided that fight, nick didn't bother to show up at all.  condit landed more shots, period.  

You gonna get flamed, son. Your facts mean nothing to the 209ers...but I'm sure you knew that. Phone Post
11/23/12 3:17 PM
dannyglover

If you can't win your way into a title fight may as well try and talk your way in.
11/23/12 3:39 PM
alkysmurf

Suess is clearly the biggest Diaz hater on the planet. Condit fought an insanely disciplined game plan that lowered the offensive output so much that he was able to out strike nick. although a minimal advantage both in quantity and damage.

The fact remains nick is the best competition for gsp at ww. He has amazing boxing, and jits. Everyone else, since he just beat Carlos, is one dimensional. Hendricks has a wicked left hand and offensive wrestling, what can he do off his back? Mia, has improved his stand up, but no way he can beat George standing, and I don't think he can get gsp down. That leaves nick, with boxing good enough to trouble gsp, and an active bottom game, with good sweeps/scrambles and great submissions. Will he win, I don't know but he has the best chance of the guys in the mix. Phone Post
11/23/12 3:43 PM
suess
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alkysmurf -  Suess is clearly the biggest Diaz hater on the planet. Condit fought an insanely disciplined game plan that lowered the offensive output so much that he was able to out strike nick. although a minimal advantage both in quantity and damage.

The fact remains nick is the best competition for gsp at ww. He has amazing boxing, and jits. Everyone else, since he just beat Carlos, is one dimensional. Hendricks has a wicked left hand and offensive wrestling, what can he do off his back? Mia, has improved his stand up, but no way he can beat George standing, and I don't think he can get gsp down. That leaves nick, with boxing good enough to trouble gsp, and an active bottom game, with good sweeps/scrambles and great submissions. Will he win, I don't know but he has the best chance of the guys in the mix. Phone Post

how do you figure i'm a hater?  i'm a fan of diaz and his style of fighting.  

lowered the offensive output?  did you even watch the fight dude?  

so you eliminated Condit, Hendricks, and Maia as threats, then decided that Diaz is the last man with a chance?    you do realize the WW division is fking stacked right now, right?  

it's ok to be a huge diaz fan, i understand why you would be, but try to use your brain and a little logic every once in a while.  just because i disagree with you doesn't make me a hater.  

11/23/12 3:58 PM
alkysmurf

You show up and shit on and attempt to discredit Diaz in every thread. So yes your a hater.

So instead of explaining who you think is a better fight for gsp at 170lbs and on the ufc roster, you just agree with me saying I've explained why those 3 guys are not interesting fights for gsp.

So who should get the number 1 contender shot?

I've said on many threads the winner of Hendricks/kampman deserves it. But I also don't think Hendricks has a snowballs chance, kampman would have been fun to watch tho.

I think nick makes for the best and most exciting fight for George at ww. Phone Post
11/23/12 4:02 PM
suess

what have I said to discredit Diaz?  are you talking about me saying condit didn't run?  that condit landed MORE strikes in that fight?  is this your definition of hating?  are you a child?  

who SHOULD get the shot?  as in earned it?  Hendricks.  Most certainly not Diaz.  should fights be made based on who alkysmurf on the internet thinks has the best chance?  

oh god, i disagreed with you!  better call me a hater.  

11/23/12 4:12 PM
alkysmurf

I just agreed Hendricks has earned the fight with gsp.

Im asking who it is at ww you think has a better chance at beating gsp than diaz? Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.